What if Darcy's phone rings on Thursday...

deluca67

... and Pat Quinn offered Darcy Tucker for Marty Biron? Any takers?

If TO was not in the division, I would say sure. Only now we would have even more of a logjam at center. If we were giong to trade Connolly for a top D-man, then maybe I guess.

If TO was not in the division, I would say sure. Only now we would have even more of a logjam at center. If we were giong to trade Connolly for a top D-man, then maybe I guess.

Connolly is not for sale unless it's in a package for an all-star (e.g. that the other team is unloading in a salary dump). Defnitely not for a d-man who is solid but about the same as our top 4.

Tucker is 5-10, 178, 31 years old. in his last 4 full seasons he scored 32, 36, 59 and 37 points. Solid, tough player but doesn't seem appreciably better/different from Grier, Dumont, or Hecht. If that's the best we can get for Marty, I'd rather keep Marty as playoff insurance for this year.

Go Sabres.

Connolly is not for sale unless it's in a package for an all-star (e.g. that the other team is unloading in a salary dump). Defnitely not for a d-man who is solid but about the same as our top 4.

Tucker is 5-10, 178, 31 years old. in his last 4 full seasons he scored 32, 36, 59 and 37 points. Solid, tough player but doesn't seem appreciably better/different from Grier, Dumont, or Hecht. If that's the best we can get for Marty, I'd rather keep Marty as playoff insurance for this year.

Go Sabres.

Doesn't that make him a good fit? I would look at Tucker as being a replacement for Adam Mair. Toughness that can play a regular shift unlike a Juice Peters. At $1.5 he would fit within the Sabres salary structure.

I'm not banging the drum to get Tucker in a Sabres uniform. I'm just looking at teams that seem to be falling out of it and seeing which players can add to what the Sabres have already.

Another player who I have heard tosssed out there is Shane Doan the Phoenix Captain.

Doesn't that make him a good fit? I would look at Tucker as being a replacement for Adam Mair. Toughness that can play a regular shift unlike a Juice Peters. At $1.5 he would fit within the Sabres salary structure.

I'm not banging the drum to get Tucker in a Sabres uniform. I'm just looking at teams that seem to be falling out of it and seeing which players can add to what the Sabres have already.

Another player who I have heard tosssed out there is Shane Doan the Phoenix Captain.

Doan would be great. Not sure they need a Goalie but if we can get Shane, go for it. The only truly untouchables on this roster are Miller, Briere, and Lydman. Whatever else needs to be included to get whoever we need I'm all for.

Doan would be great. Not sure they need a Goalie but if we can get Shane, go for it. The only truly untouchables on this roster are Miller, Briere, and Lydman. Whatever else needs to be included to get whoever we need I'm all for.

I've heard they might ship Cujo to the Oilers then trade for Biron. Just a rumor.

NFREEMAN what i want to know is how the hell did you find that out and why were the rest of us left in the dark about connelly's trade status?????

Once again how do people say these things? How do they know and why are they here instead of predicting the lotto numbers??

NO NO NO NO NO!!! Slow, old forwards are not where this team is building too.

Slow? Have you ever seen Tucker play? Don't look at the age and make assumptions. Tucker can skate. He has a bit of a scoring touch and plays with an edge.

How physical would a fourth line of Gaustad - Tucker - Pyatt be? I wouldn't even bring this up if I thought Mair would be back this season.

The Sabres don't need a jack*ss like F'ker on the team. I wouldn't trade Peters for the guy.

The Sabres don't need a jack*ss like F'ker on the team. I wouldn't trade Peters for the guy.

Tucker is one of those players that every hates but will love when he'a Sabre. I wouldn't trade Peters for Tucker either because if Toronto accepted the trade it would mean Tucker blew out both his knees. :P

... and Pat Quinn offered Darcy Tucker for Marty Biron? Any takers?

It depends on how long Tucker is under contract for and what he is making? If he is signed for at least two more years and is making 1.75 or less per season, I'd do it.

Tucker is one of those players that every hates but will love when he'a Sabre. I wouldn't trade Peters for Tucker either because if Toronto accepted the trade it would mean Tucker blew out both his knees. :P

No, F'ker is a cheap shot artist extraordinare. I don't ever want to see him in a Sabres uni. I would have taken Dummi about 3 years ago, but I can't stand F'ker and would never cheer for him in Red & Black or Blue & Gold.

I wouldn't take Bertuzzi either.

Guest Dwight Drane

DeLuca...is this purely hypothetical, or was his name mentioned to Buffalo at all?

I think Tucker is exactally what you need in the playoffs, and I would give Connoley and Mair for him. He is a bit of a blowhard, but a line of Drury, Tucker, Grier would be amazing come playoff time. I really can't see the refs calling as many penalties as in the regular season, and it would be nice to add some toughness. Plus, we will have one extra center. Are you going to sit Roy in the playoffs the way he's been playing?

My prediction is that we will see a physical foreward with a name and a top 4 physical D-man traded to us in return for Biron/Norronen.....Connoley/Roy/Pominville/Max....Tallinder/Campbell.

Speed will do you well in the regular season, but you need size in the playoffs and the administration knows it.

I think Tucker is exactally what you need in the playoffs, and I would give Connoley and Mair for him.

Oh, no. Oh, no, no, no. Darcy, if you're reading this, DON'T FALL FOR IT. "Dwight Drane" actually is John Ferguson in disguise. IT'S A TRAP!!!

DeLuca...is this purely hypothetical, or was his name mentioned to Buffalo at all?

I think Tucker is exactally what you need in the playoffs, and I would give Connoley and Mair for him. He is a bit of a blowhard, but a line of Drury, Tucker, Grier would be amazing come playoff time. I really can't see the refs calling as many penalties as in the regular season, and it would be nice to add some toughness. Plus, we will have one extra center. Are you going to sit Roy in the playoffs the way he's been playing?

My prediction is that we will see a physical foreward with a name and a top 4 physical D-man traded to us in return for Biron/Norronen.....Connoley/Roy/Pominville/Max....Tallinder/Campbell.

Speed will do you well in the regular season, but you need size in the playoffs and the administration knows it.

Purely Hypo.

Mair is out for a while and won't be involved in anything.

I looked at the Leafs. They are done and they have no goaltender. I was thinking Mika would be a good fit. Maybe straight up for Tucker. I pick out Tucker because of his style of play. Gritty, nasty and a bit of a scoring touch. He is a disrupter that Sabres could use to throw other teams off. Much like Kasparitis if New York. He had all the Flyers chasing him around while the Rangers put 6 up goals.

NFREEMAN what i want to know is how the hell did you find that out and why were the rest of us left in the dark about connelly's trade status?????

Once again how do people say these things? How do they know and why are they here instead of predicting the lotto numbers??

your one to talk..... christ you make enough falty, untrue, not a chance in hell rumours to cover the entire internet... that was his opinion...

I'd tell Pat good luck on his next team and hang up.

But seriously, why are people taking about trading for a forward? We have absolutely no need for one. The only thing that can hold us back from making and winning the cup is defensive depth. What happens if two d-men go down to injury and Jeff Jillson is starting. Fitzpatrick has played better and I view him as reliable 7th defensmen if there is such a thing but we need one more solid blueliner. That should put us over the top.

Guest Meet me at the zoo

Cujo is still out there. Someone is going to pick him up and I say the sabres better make a move. What if Miller and Biron get hurt? We play that cry baby Noronen? We need two proven reliable back ups. I'd trade Roy and Afinogeov for a good goaldie.

Guest Meet me at the zoo

PTS, that's pretty low. I went throu and read sme of the other posts in this sight and found some really bad ones. You don't think an expereienced goaldie could help this young sabres team? I do

Archived