From the man who brought you blue ice and hulking nets...

LabattBlue

He now invisions a day when the NHL has teams from all over the WORLD playing for the Stanley Cup. :lol:

Please Please Please just STFU!

Blue, I love you man and I don't trust Larry, but I agree with him here. Hockey would seem to be the easiest sport to go global.

Blue, I love you man and I don't trust Larry, but I agree with him here. Hockey would seem to be the easiest sport to go global.

IMO it will not happen in my lifetime. The travel would be a nightmare. Bettman needs to focus on getting hockey out of struggling southern hockey markets and back into places where you can grow it instead.

Bettman needs to focus on getting hockey out of struggling southern hockey markets and back into places where you can grow it instead.

I know it goes beyond just the market, but places like Winnipeg, Quebec City, Hartford failed not just because the owner wanted to move their teams south.

Soccer doesn't have multi-continental leagues and in the rest of the world it dwarfs the other sports. That would be the easiest multi-continent league and there isn't one of those. I think it's too much of a nightmare travelwise.

I know it goes beyond just the market, but places like Winnipeg, Quebec City, Hartford failed not just because the owner wanted to move their teams south.

Hartfords owner wanted a new arena and perk after perk. The Whalers would not agree to any long-term lease, demanded $45 million to cover losses during the three years it would take to build a new arena, wanted the arena rent-free, wanted no surcharge or taxes on tickets or suites, and season tickets to reach 13,000.

They made it so hard for Hartford to keep them, plus political pickpockets, just so he could make a buck. Even Bettman was so ecstatic about the Whalers folding that the little guy jumped up and hit the underside of his desk.

All I'm saying is Ball-Silly has connections. A lot more than Bettman does. All it takes is like 6 teams to say okay to the move and it's done. LQ is no doubt hitting the phones hard.

Still waiting....

Although I like this comment the other day by LQ:

"We haven't look at everything yet. It's going to take all summer. We're going to be doing incremental moves; maybe some big moves, maybe not. It will depend so much on opportunity."

on Lindy:

"...The players have made it very clear that this was on them and not their coach. A bunch of guys made it real clear that he's the guy they want to lead them. That was originated by them and I thought that was really healthy for us."

Still waiting....

"We haven't look at everything yet. It's going to take all summer. We're going to be doing incremental moves; maybe some big moves, maybe not. It will depend so much on opportunity."

Translated...When the season starts in October and we are serving you the same #%^$#! from the last two years we are going to blame it on the other GM's for their unwillingness to deal with Darcy. <_<

...and people wonder why I think he is an idiot! :angry: They better have their plan in place by draft weekend and be ready to wheel and deal just like all the other GM's.

So does that make him less of an idiot for repeating it? :doh:

Every major professional league has thrown this idea around. But hey, why should I stand in the way of the ridiculously played out practice of calling the guy an idiot. What exactly does it accomplish at this point? Galisano's suddenly going to change his mind?

Every major professional league has thrown this idea around. But hey, why should I stand in the way of the ridiculously played out practice of calling the guy an idiot. What exactly does it accomplish at this point? Galisano's suddenly going to change his mind?

So just because Golisano isn't going to fire Quinn means that I have to speak glowingly about him? <_<

Still waiting....

on Lindy:

"...The players have made it very clear that this was on them and not their coach. A bunch of guys made it real clear that he's the guy they want to lead them. That was originated by them and I thought that was really healthy for us."

Ah right then, so the players are stating something is wrong with them, and Quinn states they will make moves only if these fall in their laps.

At least they're being consistent, top to bottom.

You know what would be great? The Sabres playing for the Stanley Cup.

You hit the nail on the head. LQ shouldn't give a crap about hockey going global, he should worry about fixing the Sabres NOW and getting fannies in the seats for the next season. And we wonder why this team sucks year in and year out. LQ is too busy pitching his asinine ideas to help "improve the game". IMPROVE THE #%^$#!ING SABRES FIRST YOU ASS CLOWN!!!!

Isnt this all part of the"Master Plan" a few of our posters here told me about when we let Mckee, Dumont, Grier, Drury and Brierre go without even a draft pick in return????

come on not to nit pick here but get the spelling right.

come on not to nit pick here but get the spelling right.

I think that's lame. I mean, if it was some fool on the forum misspelling a guys name, then yeah, it's a pet peeve of mine too, but anyone who reads this forum knows stenbaro is a very knowledgeable fan and one of the better ones on this forum. And it's not like he misspelled the dudes name, he added a extra R, probably has a bad keyboard or something. It's a harmless error that he even over looked, and it should have been over looked by others too.

Archived