Rene Robert calls out LQ and TG

frisky

I think Larry's top to bottom review went something like this:

"I screwed this up, I screwed that up, I pushed the pause button on this, I said wait and see to that.....it really is

hard to hold my GM and coach responsible...."

He said the review is only 5% done. Does that mean that TG is 95% the problem and LQ is just trying to grow a set before he tells him.

He said the review is only 5% done. Does that mean that TG is 95% the problem and LQ is just trying to grow a set before he tells him.

For a person at his level, I am amazed at some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth. Has he ever heard the old saying..."Think before you speak".

What it means is that Quinn is 95% away from getting his ENTIRE head out of his ass.

At this point, only his lips have made it far enough south for him to issue moronic statements to the press.

Yes, I'm bitter :thumbsup:

What it means is that Quinn is 95% away from getting his ENTIRE head out of his ass.

At this point, only his lips have made it far enough south for him to issue moronic statements to the press.

Yes, I'm bitter :thumbsup:

Well, it IS a top to bottom review! Sorry. But the Clipper liked it, didn't ya, friend?

As a lifelong RR fan (obviously), I appreciated his comments, but I think you have nailed a key point here PA. For all the complaints about the team making the playoffs 2 of the past seven years, yet making the conference championships both times, we can all remember a team that made the playoffs every year, often raising hopes with 100+ points, then falling apart in the playoffs when faced with teams (the Islanders being the first example in 76 and 77) who worked harder and were in better condition.

Being a Sabres fan is hard. Being a Sabres fan with a historical sense is torture.

:)

He said it was a telephone conversation last week. Given that Robert obviously wanted to get his story out there allows me to infer that he called Bucky but I ma not sure I see what difference it makes. If Bucky sought out Robert it would have been at the suggestion of someone who didn't want to go on record. I would guess that to be Dudley, but that is just an educated guess.

By the way, Bucky's reputation is far different then your opinion of him.

My bad. The fact about the phone convo slipped my mind. But still it would be interesting to know who initiated the story.

What is your idea of Bucky's reputation?

My bad. The fact about the phone convo slipped my mind. But still it would be interesting to know who initiated the story.

What is your idea of Bucky's reputation?

I think he is a well respected writer nationally and usually pretty fair although I think in a private moment he would acknowledge that he let his dislike for Larry Quinn get in the way of his judgement. But I really shouldn't put words in his mouth. I think you may be surprised by the respect he has in the locker room. For the record I will also admit that he and I see eye to eye on a couple important points and I would be lying if I didn't admit that that may influence my feelings.

"For years, they've been looking at me like I'm [ticked] off and I'm grumpy, but that's not it at all," Robert said. "They always have excuses for why they don't win. If Golisano has no interest in hockey and wants to nickel and dime everything, sell the team to someone that's interested in winning.

"The fans of Buffalo deserve better than what they've been getting. I'm frustrated. I speak my mind when nobody else does. [Former teammates] are afraid that the Sabres will get mad at them. I don't care because I don't work for them. I'll tell people the truth."

Wow. Sabres ownership just suffered a first round KO.

Robert :worthy:

I think Dan DePofi referring to Rene Robert as a "jerk" or "acting like a jerk" says it all ...

When one of the people running the franchise is calling part of the franchise's greatest days "jerk" ... well, someone's out of touch.

This is a sport ... "fans" buy tickets .... Robert will be part of this forever ... this management team will fade away.

How great is this. For the last couple years we have all been saying how the team is soft, and they don't protect Miller, and don't stand up for one another. I've said it many times in this area and I'll say it again. Attitude Reflects Leadership.

Now here we have Rene saying what the majority of Sabres fans are thinking and where are his teammates? Where are the alumni? Why isn't anyone stepping up to voice what is on the mind of everyone when it comes to this team. Why does Rene have to be the so called "Bad Guy". Attitude Reflects Leadership. TG signs the checks, and LQ ruins, er...Runs the day to day operations. They are leadership, and they are miserable. Hey Quinn... Rene's name is hanging in the rafters from your building. Shut up...and show him some respect. If you disagree with him fine, but it shows what a jacka$$ you are by black balling him.

Its bad when your team on the ice won't defend its own. Now our greats, our legends, our past, some of whom who have their names hanging from the rafters won't do whats right and stand up with Rene.

Talk about lack of respect. Makes me sick.

WE can all agree that TG did a great thing when he saved the team, but I think it's time he moved on and sold the club. The team needs new direction. They need an owner who won't move them, who cares about winning and who will hire hockey people.

This team isn't that far off. It needs tinkering. It needs new leadership. The culture of the Sabres needs to change. It needs to resonate through the league that the team is somewhere you want to play.

As long as TG is the owner, LQ stays. If TG somehow gets the nads to fire LQ, then maybe it's the start. I doubt that happens.

WE can all agree that TG did a great thing when he saved the team, but I think it's time he moved on and sold the club. The team needs new direction. They need an owner who won't move them, who cares about winning and who will hire hockey people.

This team isn't that far off. It needs tinkering. It needs new leadership. The culture of the Sabres needs to change. It needs to resonate through the league that the team is somewhere you want to play.

As long as TG is the owner, LQ stays. If TG somehow gets the nads to fire LQ, then maybe it's the start. I doubt that happens.

Well as Jim Kelley reported during the season, the team is for sale, more or less. There's no for sale sign hanging out front, but I believe LQ admitted they would consider offers.

Well as Jim Kelley reported during the season, the team is for sale, more or less. There's no for sale sign hanging out front, but I believe LQ admitted they would consider offers.

Someone please tell me that when the team is sold(not if the team is sold), that LQ does not manage to find a way to keep his share of the team and position. I get the feeling it isn't about cashing in and making a good buck from the sale but more he wants to be in the position of power.

Someone please tell me that when the team is sold(not if the team is sold), that LQ does not manage to find a way to keep his share of the team and position. I get the feeling it isn't about cashing in and making a good buck from the sale but more he wants to be in the position of power.

Good concern. How did he manage to do it with Golisano?

I am very interested in listening to WGR at 3:00. The afternoon guys have a relationship with Quinn and I wonder if they plan on blowing off Robert's comments in a attempt to defend their friend. I think Robert is much like Joe D. Ex-player with a pretty honest view of the team. The only difference between the two is the station's relationship with the Sabres compared to the Bills. I am interested on how they play it.

How great is this. For the last couple years we have all been saying how the team is soft, and they don't protect Miller, and don't stand up for one another. I've said it many times in this area and I'll say it again. Attitude Reflects Leadership.

Now here we have Rene saying what the majority of Sabres fans are thinking and where are his teammates? Where are the alumni? Why isn't anyone stepping up to voice what is on the mind of everyone when it comes to this team. Why does Rene have to be the so called "Bad Guy". Attitude Reflects Leadership. TG signs the checks, and LQ ruins, er...Runs the day to day operations. They are leadership, and they are miserable. Hey Quinn... Rene's name is hanging in the rafters from your building. Shut up...and show him some respect. If you disagree with him fine, but it shows what a jacka$$ you are by black balling him.

Its bad when your team on the ice won't defend its own. Now our greats, our legends, our past, some of whom who have their names hanging from the rafters won't do whats right and stand up with Rene.

Talk about lack of respect. Makes me sick.

Does anyone remeber back in the 80's when Al Arbour had a comment about this teams toughness? It was right after a game and I think he said something about "the Sabres getting a set of balls for X-Mas." It was after a Sabre victory against the Islanders.

Good concern. How did he manage to do it with Golisano?

Search for Quinn on the Buffalo Business First site and you'll find a 2004 article explaining Quinn's history with the Sabres.

Archived