End of year press conference??

LabattBlue

Anyone think LQ & DR will have an end of the year, state of the team press conference? I think that DR, LQ and OSP are heading for the bunker and may not come out until draft time.

What's the point of having one? They don't say anything. The media doesn't demand answers. It's the Sabres' version of don't ask, don't tell.

Only if they follow through and keep their promise on the microphone eating. :rolleyes:

But honestly I say NO. I think the LQ article gave a glimpse of what will really happen where he stated after the review they may or may not tell us the result and just get busy implementing it. (Whatever that may be).

Seriously, what can they say that the people (and newsman) who have been listening, measuring and pointing out their missteps to make us believe. IMHO, I think they will be as quiet as they can about it this time around.

Quinn said there will be a top to bottom review.... :w00t: This could mean we get a crucial backup goalie, a "quality" 4th line center, a vow to spend more on "the core" (i.e. Stafford), and a replacement for Andrew Peters....Joke... :bag:

Sounds all too realistic for my liking.

If I'm TG, I hold my own press conference where I attempt to eat a microphone. I don't care if all he gets down is the wind screen, I want him to back up his word.

That's right. He owes us a 30 minute live streaming of him downing a Microphone sammich!!

However, since he's the "boss" (I know I know LQ is the real boss) he should delegate down and let Pommers and his friends enjoy the tastiness that is a 'Mic on Rye' instead!!

That's right. He owes us a 30 minute live streaming of him downing a Microphone sammich!!

However, since he's the "boss" (I know I know LQ is the real boss) he should delegate down and let Pommers and his friends enjoy the tastiness that is a 'Mic on Rye' instead!!

I think a couple of these guys could work their way around the microphone like a pro.

In absence of Sabre year end Media Conference thus far......

Maple Leaf and Brian Burke

quote" goal of every General Manager should be to make the playoffs, if it isn't they should get out of

the God Dam business"

Keep in mind Burke General Manager of team U.S.A for Olympics...

Watch link "Brian Burke opening"

He certainly is a glib forthright man....

Burke's press conference is an example of what I wish Darcy could do. You can tell Burke isn't just spitting out rhetoric, he's very open about things that went on this season and what they want to do for next season. I like that in a GM.

Quinn's talk is just that, talk. And I'm sure Darcy doesn't have much to say either that carries any weight. I'll be really interested to see where both Buffalo and Toronto stand at the end of the offseason, because it seems like Toronto is also dedicated to looking at the big picture, similar to what Darcy has said in the past about their plan for Buffalo.

Top to bottom review.

Yeah the top: shoving higher prices tickets down our throats,

yeah the bottom: with a promise of playoff rebates to lower your season tix price, my ass.

Either PA or Ink is going to come back with a zinger or two for that post Chz. Hope I see it before it gets deleted.

Top to bottom review.

Yeah the top: shoving higher prices tickets down our throats,

yeah the bottom: with a promise of playoff rebates to lower your season tix price, my ass.

No wonder this team doesn't try to make the playoffs. Then they would have to send out rebate money to season ticket holders. What a crock that is.

Archived