05-06 Sabres in 08-09 Dollars

GrimFandango

And with them they would be a older cash strapped team with contracts that would prevent future moves. Instead of a younger cash strapped team with contracts that prevent future movement. :wallbash:

Briere would have only had 2 years left on a $5 million per year,

Drury would have had 3 years left on a $5.3 million deal,

Hecht, Gaustad and Connolly would not have been signed

Pominville would have either been having a huge season heading into free agency or begging to sign for around $2.5 million

Vanek would have been signed right after Nathan Horton signed to a deal in the $4.5 million range or Buffalo would have had a lot of extra draft choices

Cap number would have been substantially lower and flexibilty would have been huge heading into the next two years.

Briere would have only had 2 years left on a $5 million per year,

Drury would have had 3 years left on a $5.3 million deal,

Hecht, Gaustad and Connolly would not have been signed

Pominville would have either been having a huge season heading into free agency or begging to sign for around $2.5 million

Vanek would have been signed right after Nathan Horton signed to a deal in the $4.5 million range or Buffalo would have had a lot of extra draft choices

Cap number would have been substantially lower and flexibilty would have been huge heading into the next two years.

Sorry, I forgot we were living in fantasy land. :wallbash:

Why did they attack Sarah Jessica Parker?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And in 17 games he has contributed more to his team then Hecht has in 60. Why am I not surprised that someone who is still in bed at 1:00 has no clue how good business works?

What if I was a drug dealer and had to work late? Huh, smart guy? That's good for business.

Jokins's goals only cost half a million each.

I know you hold on to this notion that Briere and Drury loved buffalo and had absolutely no aspirations of going anywhere else for more money. But unless they were crying on your shoulder, weeping into your shirt that they hoped Darcy would make them an offer soon, so that they could stay in their beloved Buffalo, I'm not going to believe what they said, because in the end...they left.

If this is the best topic today has to offer...(yawn)...then I'm just going to skip today and go back to bed.

What is disputable about any of it?

It's all disputable, because no one on this board knows jack #%^$#! about anything. All the amateur capologists with their spreadsheets and all the folks who know someone who works at the arena can't convince me otherwise. Sure, it's fun to play what if and Wear Darce's Gay Glasses for a Day, but let's not portray our fantasies and theories as indisputable.

It's all disputable, because no one on this board knows jack #%^$#! about anything. All the amateur capologists with their spreadsheets and all the folks who know someone who works at the arena can't convince me otherwise. Sure, it's fun to play what if and Wear Darce's Gay Glasses for a Day, but let's not portray our fantasies and theories as indisputable.

This was my favorite fantasy post of the year...

http://forums.sabrespace.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=114075

:thumbsup:

That's where it always end up with you. Once the argument gets away from you you go with that old law theory.

If you have the facts, pound the facts

If you have the law, pound the law

If you have nothing, pound the table

The indisputable fact is the Sabres continually mis-read the market and in the process left us with this crap.

That's where it always end up with you. Once the argument gets away from you you go with that old law theory.

The indisputable fact is the Sabres continually mis-read the market and in the process left us with this crap.

It seems this argument always ends up with posters lumping all the players and their individual situations together to muddle the facts.

You can blame Regier for a lot of things, it happens to be that misreading "the market" is not one of them. As it has been pointed out numerous times that "the market" is set by grossly irresponsible teams like the Rangers and Flyers. It is not now, then or ever a good idea for the Sabres to conduct their business the way these teams do. The proof will come in the next few years as the NHL salary cap starts to trend downward.

There is a lot wrong with this team and there is plenty of blame to go around without rehashing the same old crap. Especially if the argument is based upon the unsubstantiated ramblings of a 6th rate sports writer who decided to throw away any shred of credibility with his scorned school girl rants.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

As long as you're getting pounded, who cares?

It seems this argument always ends up with posters lumping all the players and their individual situations together to muddle the facts.

You can blame Regier for a lot of things, it happens to be that misreading "the market" is not one of them. As it has been pointed out numerous times that "the market" is set by grossly irresponsible teams like the Rangers and Flyers. It is not now, then or ever a good idea for the Sabres to conduct their business the way these teams do. The proof will come in the next few years as the NHL salary cap starts to trend downward.

There is a lot wrong with this team and there is plenty of blame to go around without rehashing the same old crap. Especially if the argument is based upon the unsubstantiated ramblings of a 6th rate sports writer who decided to throw away any shred of credibility with his scorned school girl rants.

Hmmm, are you saying Bucky was crushed cuz the cute boy's dad got a new job and they had to move downstate? Interesting. There was a jock sniffing element to the whole story, wasn't there?

Hmmm, are you saying Bucky was crushed cuz the cute boy's dad got a new job and they had to move downstate? Interesting. There was a jock sniffing element to the whole story, wasn't there?

I wish I could find the article where Bucky referenced finding something out by texting Briere. It may have been how he found out Briere signed with the Flyers. I got the impression that Briere was Bucky's "in" when it came to the Sabres locker room. He took it personally and it really hurt his credibility.

Mis-reading the market as in refusing to pay the $5 million that Briere wanted and then offering it a week before free agency, or in refusing to sign off on a deal to pay your other captain $2 million below market and then giving players like Hecht $3.8 million and Connolly $4.5 million.

Archived