GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I'm tellin' ya, the Sens will be last year's Washington, winning out most of their games and sneaking in on the last day. They're going up and the rest of the East is falling down to them.

Sorry -- Sens won't scare anyone if they make it to the playoffs. Unless of course Danny Heatly's driving!

Add this game to the growing list of games where they missed the playoff boat. Teams above them keep losing, and they lose right along with them. A horrible second period kills us, and we just can't put it together for a win.

Here's what I don't understand. We give up a pick to get Tellqvist, and we haven't played him. He has come in during mop up twice, and started once. He has played pretty well. Meanwhile, Lalime is giving up anywhere between 3-6 goals a game, and he rides the pine.

At this point, if they even think for a second they still have a chance to make it, they should just ride Tellqvist out until Miller comes back. He has certainly been the better of the two turds we have at that position right now.

I have to say, the Sabres played pretty well tonight but for the second period when they gave up 3 goals. During Miller's absence, what I have learned is that Lalime is not a very good goalie unless there is a defensive shell around him. If there is any sort of break whether it is 2-on-1 or 3-on-2, he panics and gives up a goal. While stopping breaks is not easy, I am more confident that a goal is not scored with Miller in there than I am with Lalime in there. And, if you watch some of those goals, they are really soft goals. I think it's pretty clear that the injury to Miller has really hurt this team because he has really stolen a lot of games for the Sabres, and had he played tonight, I think he steals this game for the Sabres.

Now, because Florida has lost and Montreal is likely to lose, the Sabres are no worse off than they were last night. They still have a chance, but they need Miller back healthy starting next week. If you look at the schedule, they play Florida, Montreal, Carolina, and Toronto twice. They still control their own destiny. They need Miller back ASAP and they could possibly string some wins together and sneak in, but this is really not looking good as there are fewer and fewer games to get back in it.

I have to say, the Sabres played pretty well tonight but for the second period when they gave up 3 goals. During Miller's absence, what I have learned is that Lalime is not a very good goalie unless there is a defensive shell around him. If there is any sort of break whether it is 2-on-1 or 3-on-2, he panics and gives up a goal. While stopping breaks is not easy, I am more confident that a goal is not scored with Miller in there than I am with Lalime in there. And, if you watch some of those goals, they are really soft goals. I think it's pretty clear that the injury to Miller has really hurt this team because he has really stolen a lot of games for the Sabres, and had he played tonight, I think he steals this game for the Sabres.

Now, because Florida has lost and Montreal is likely to lose, the Sabres are no worse off than they were last night. They still have a chance, but they need Miller back healthy starting next week. If you look at the schedule, they play Florida, Montreal, Carolina, and Toronto twice. They still control their own destiny. They need Miller back ASAP and they could possibly string some wins together and sneak in, but this is really not looking good as there are fewer and fewer games to get back in it.

What would their destiny be? To get smacked around in the first round? To be one and done? No thanks. let the team die now. Let the owner get totally p*ssed and fire that candass Darcy and replace him with someone who can identify real talent. Not some soft stupid player like Timmy, Max, Pomer and the rest.

What would their destiny be? To get smacked around in the first round? To be one and done? No thanks. let the team die now. Let the owner get totally p*ssed and fire that candass Darcy and replace him with someone who can identify real talent. Not some soft stupid player like Timmy, Max, Pomer and the rest.

Yep. If they sneak into the playoffs then the FO is going to delude themselves into thinking they only need to tweak the roster a little. As much as it pains me to say this, the team would probably be better served to miss the playoffs again this year to (hopefully) force changes.

So don't even give the top brass the possibility of thinking they are "almost" there. If they miss the playoffs AGAIN then maybe the ownership will start to realize what we've known all along: That DARCY IS A CANDYASS who likes to sign CANDYASS players. Once we get rid of that girly GM we might have a chance of being a team with a promising future.

So don't even give the top brass the possibility of thinking they are "almost" there. If they miss the playoffs AGAIN then maybe the ownership will start to realize what we've known all along: That DARCY IS A CANDYASS who likes to sign CANDYASS players. Once we get rid of that girly GM we might have a chance of being a team with a promising future.

Agreed, from here on out I'm hoping they lose every game, seeing as :

a. It puts us in a better draft position.

b. It robs the front office of their usual excuses.

c. It lets the players know they're not doing enough.

d. It lets Ruff know he's nothing doing enough.

e. Hopefully it'll inspire OSP to clean house, starting with Larry the Moron.

So people can call me a hater all they want - Personally I want the franchise to be healthy, and I think tanking the remainder of the season would do a lot more good than harm in the long run.

*edit

Forgot :

f. Hopefully it'll be a huge wake-up call for Darcy, or a huge boot out of town.

Lydman gets one

1:19 to go

Buffalo: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: New York: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I didn't get to see the game last night and this post makes me glad for it. I don't think I would have handled the "near comeback" very well.

I didn't get to see the game last night and this post makes me glad for it. I don't think I would have handled the "near comeback" very well.

Add to it that in the 30 seconds or so before the empty netter, they had a ton of shots and the puck went through the paint about ten times. The end, at least, was exciting.

Add to it that in the 30 seconds or so before the empty netter, they had a ton of shots and the puck went through the paint about ten times. The end, at least, was exciting.

It was tantalizing. About the only thread of hope left is that 1. the Sabres are STILL only five point out and 2. maybe the near-comeback will spark this team. They haven't been quite the trainwreck some depict. They're not all that far off. Like Lindy has said in the past, when you're losing, you feel like you'll never win again. When you win one... A big win over the Panthers could be the start of something beautiful.

Delusional. Or DeLusional. :)

It was tantalizing. About the only thread of hope left is that 1. the Sabres are STILL only five point out and 2. maybe the near-comeback will spark this team. They haven't been quite the trainwreck some depict. They're not all that far off. Like Lindy has said in the past, when you're losing, you feel like you'll never win again. When you win one... A big win over the Panthers could be the start of something beautiful.

Delusional. Or DeLusional. :)

Ah ... a storybook ending with Miller returning and carrying them on a 10-0-0 run into the playoffs ... heck, to the cup!! Hey, if you're gonna dream, then dream big! :thumbsup:

Archived