GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

How many times have we seen a Spacek shot not get thru and turn into a breakaway the other way

Callahan undresses Lalime

Buffalo: :worthy: New York: :censored: :censored: :censored:

How many times have we seen a Spacek shot not get thru and turn into a breakaway the other way

Callahan undresses Lalime

Buffalo: :worthy: New York: :censored: :censored: :censored:

that was not even a case of Spacek's shot not getting through - he wristed it toward the net (unblocked) and it resulted in a pass directly to a Ranger who hooked up with Callahan.

pitiful....

i hate to be doom and gloom but this team does seriously need overhauling. it's too bad as they have the skill set.

they need to change 4 defense and have to get some character up front.

it's time for a new identity

I'm starting to think that Miller going down was a blessing in disguise(someone may have already said this). It put a spotlight on our weaknesses.

Very true. The Canucks lost Luongo and had an ok record, basically around .500 while he was gone. He came back and they went through a terrible slump, basically with him struggling to find his form and poor overall play from everyone.

But they held it together better than we have without our number one.

There is zero need for Miller to come back now.

I do think besides changing almost half the roster, the coach needs to go too. Nothing against Lindy, it's just too long in one place. Bring in Cunneyworth. He will whip them into shape quick. He won't take any shite. Lindy's had a good run.

But if they don't change the total attitude of the team, they will never move on.

The Canucks (that's my local team) have such a well rounded group. They have the Sedins. Then they have guys who never stop working. Burrows, Kesler to name a few. They are the heart and soul. The Sabres have enough skilled guys. They need the Burrows' and the Kesler types.

Hopefully Tyler Myers makes the team next year. He has to get his feet wet. His size will help and he'll quickly adjust to getting his nose dirty. He won't be as soft as Lydman or Tallinder.

Tyler Ennis is major skill and will be a good player. He's no Gerbe, and that is a good thing. He gets his nose into the dirty areas.

But the team needs guys who will walk the walk. The talk is so tired.

Nope, that pretty much sums it up.

I am only watching now to get the full amount of crappiness out of my Center Ice package.

That about sums it up for me, too. Although my baseball package just automatically renewed so I can watch my Pittsburgh Pirates streak to their 17th consecutive losing streak - a professional sports record. Jeez, the Bills, the Sabres and the Pirates. Just shoot me.

Very true. The Canucks lost Luongo and had an ok record, basically around .500 while he was gone. He came back and they went through a terrible slump, basically with him struggling to find his form and poor overall play from everyone.

I do think besides changing almost half the roster, the coach needs to go too. Nothing against Lindy, it's just too long in one place. Bring in Cunneyworth. He will whip them into shape quick. He won't take any shite. Lindy's had a good run.

But if they don't change the total attitude of the team, they will never move on.

The Canucks (that's my local team) have such a well rounded group. They have the Sedins. Then they have guys who never stop working. Burrows, Kesler to name a few. They are the heart and soul. The Sabres have enough skilled guys. They need the Burrows' and the Kesler types.

Hopefully Tyler Myers makes the team next year. He has to get his feet wet. His size will help and he'll quickly adjust to getting his nose dirty. He won't be as soft as Lydman or Tallinder.

Tyler Ennis is major skill and will be a good player. He's no Gerbe, and that is a good thing. He gets his nose into the dirty areas.

Regarding Lindy, I agree...He's the franchise's best coach but it is time to turrn the page on the whole front office...

How true -- and that's why Lindy's not the problem. It's Darcy. The Sabres need a GM and scouting team who can identify players who can walk the walk.

Archived