Don't Bother Coming Back Miller

CallawaySabres

I wonder if I can give Lindy a call and ask him to let me run a practice? I think it'd be fun to make these sissies skate till they puke. And then skate some more.

yeah you do that...

Have you ever been to a practice after a humiliating loss like that?

They haven't been tough enough for 2 seasons now. Miller might as well start focusing on next october.

Miller where is he?! They said a week ago that he is ahead of schedule. What schedule?!?!?! There is not a timetable out there that is what makes me so mad about this team. How do they want people to be fans of this team when they do not even tell us how our number one goalie is?!?!?!

Miller where is he?! They said a week ago that he is ahead of schedule. What schedule?!?!?! There is not a timetable out there that is what makes me so mad about this team. How do they want people to be fans of this team when they do not even tell us how our number one goalie is?!?!?!

The team does just fine on giving schedules for injuries that can be accurately scheduled. Unfortunately, a high ankle sprain is not such an injury. Would you be happy if they came out and said that he will be out from 2 to 20 weeks? Because, that's about as accurate as you can be with such an injury, especially with goalies. They didn't actually say that he is ahead of schedule (if I remember correctly), it was more like "he is progressing really well, as well as we could have hoped at this point."

Might get killed for this, but throwing it out. Since our team has a lack of emotion (along with a lack of scoring), why not take one of our useless offensive players and replace him with another offensively useless player, but one that can get the team back into a rowdy emotional ferver? I'm talking about letting Peters get another crack, we all know a good fight can get any team back into the game. When was the last time any one of our players drop the gloves?

I don't know, i'm reaching for anything here.

Might get killed for this, but throwing it out. Since our team has a lack of emotion (along with a lack of scoring), why not take one of our useless offensive players and replace him with another offensively useless player, but one that can get the team back into a rowdy emotional ferver? I'm talking about letting Peters get another crack, we all know a good fight can get any team back into the game. When was the last time any one of our players drop the gloves?

I don't know, i'm reaching for anything here.

Kaleta dropped em last night and it was actually a good fight, as opposed to those clunkers Peters always has.

The team does just fine on giving schedules for injuries that can be accurately scheduled. Unfortunately, a high ankle sprain is not such an injury. Would you be happy if they came out and said that he will be out from 2 to 20 weeks? Because, that's about as accurate as you can be with such an injury, especially with goalies. They didn't actually say that he is ahead of schedule (if I remember correctly), it was more like "he is progressing really well, as well as we could have hoped at this point."

2 to 20 weeks? no actually regier said that he would play before the end of the season (if I remember correctly). all i was saying how about they tell us what week bc he also said they have a best case and worst case scenario. So tell me this why can't they tell us what that is?

Kaleta dropped em last night and it was actually a good fight, as opposed to those clunkers Peters always has.

I said as a means to change momentum, not a means to save face after they get their kicked. The fight came wayy too late...though low and behold we scored right after. As far as Peters, he goes out there blatently to drop the gloves and to change momentum cause he has no other positive aspects to his game. To be honest, he actually has fought very well this year, as opposed to last year where he just hid the whole time, then throw the big punch and fall over. He has been very respectable this year.

Anyway, the Kaleta antics came WAY WAY WAY too late to have any chance to put us back in the game.

Miller being in net is not going to score the Sabres goals, or sharpen up the D corp, or make the forwards backcheck. Miller, IMHO, is a non-factor in what the Sabres are "experiencing" right now. Better to let him stay out as long as necessary to make a complete recovery, rather than rush him in and risk hurting the ankle again (read: too soon). They should have let Vanek stay out a week or two longer, as well. To fatten up.

Miller being in net is not going to score the Sabres goals, or sharpen up the D corp, or make the forwards backcheck. Miller, IMHO, is a non-factor in what the Sabres are "experiencing" right now. Better to let him stay out as long as necessary to make a complete recovery, rather than rush him in and risk hurting the ankle again (read: too soon). They should have let Vanek stay out a week or two longer, as well. To fatten up.

If you don't think the Sabres current problems are due to Miller being out then you haven't been paying attention. This team has confidence in Miller that allows them to take greater chances which helps create the offense. Not to mention that all season Miller has been covering up for this teams poor defensive play. Miller may not score goals directly but he sure as hell has a great influence on how the forwards and blueliners go about their business.

With Lalime crapping the bed, which is why he is a back up goalie, the Sabres problems are only going to get worse. They have no faith in Lalime and know if they open up they will find themselves on the wrong end of 6-3 and 5-1 scores.

If you don't think the Sabres current problems are due to Miller being out then you haven't been paying attention. This team has confidence in Miller that allows them to take greater chances which helps create the offense. Not to mention that all season Miller has been covering up for this teams poor defensive play. Miller may not score goals directly but he sure as hell has a great influence on how the forwards and blueliners go about their business.

With Lalime crapping the bed, which is why he is a back up goalie, the Sabres problems are only going to get worse. They have no faith in Lalime and know if they open up they will find themselves on the wrong end of 6-3 and 5-1 scores.

I agree with you 100%.

Their mentally done. This group isn't tough enough.

Ryan Miller is the toughest player mentally, and it shows when hes not playing, example....look at the games the last few years when Miller wasent playing, all the goalies looked horrible, but was that in part to the team playing in front of them?, were Conklin, Thibault, and Lalime left out to dry by a team that played uninspired in front of them?....absolutely!... I dont think this team has the veteran defenseman or forward to take the reigns of this team and lead by example.

R.I.P.......the hearts of sabres fans!

Archived