[OT] TO signs with Buffalo

deluca67

Anyone see the press conference?

Umm.. He left america's team for north america's team. :unsure: He is so not from here. T.O. doesn't even know how to refer to people from B-lo. This city is not an image based type of place. People don't run their mouths.

God I really hope this works, but this feels like Ralf pulling an Al Davis.

Umm.. He left america's team for north america's team. :unsure: He is so not from here. T.O. doesn't even know how to refer to people from B-lo. This city is not an image based type of place. People don't run their mouths.

I still don't get this. Not from the Bills perspective, but from TOs. Surely he could have played for a bunch of higher profile teams. The only place for him to play stranger than Buffalo is probably Detroit.

Perfect fit for both parties. T.O. never really had that "other threat" next to him on the field, save for Roy Wiliiams the second half of last year and his early days in S.F.

For one year, I think both sides benefit, and from a business perspective, it makes sense. Butts in the seats and media attention. This should get us some night games. I think it was a smart move.

BTW, him speaking publicly FTL..... dude should have a spokesman, he sounded lost and confused, like someon just woke him up or something.

Guest Sloth

My friend, a HUGE Raiders fan, said the Bills are the NEW Raiders! As mentioned earlier, this is a circus being brought to town. Due to this stupid decision, I have more interest in this upcoming season. I just wonder what will happen.

Buffalo is a TOUGH place to play, and I'm not referring to the weather. The fans can be harsh. If TO doesn't put up the numbers, he'll receive the nasty from the fans. And to think he thought Philly was tough...

This is a GREAT move by the Buffalo Bills, anyone that doesn't think so knows very little about the sport. TO is a weapon! even in an off-season like last season, he still put up over 1,000 yards and had 10 TD's!! He will make this offense a whole lot better. Wes Welker is a star, not because he's that good but because the Pats have so many other big options on the sidelines. This will open up Reed a whole LOT! not only that but with such WR threats, it's going to be a whole lot easier to run the ball....and worst case scenario is what? we miss the playoffs?? LOL.

With TO now a Buffalo Bill, i'm 100% certain that this isn't the only 'big' signing. The Bills for whatever reason seem to want to spend some crazy cash in the FA market... i don't see how that's a bad thing. People, just be happy. TO, one of the leagues BEST wide receivers in now a Buffalo Bill.

@ the dude from Taxes... sure TO is a bit crazy and talks mad junk but please, he was by far the best Cowboys WR. For all the talk on how bad he was last year he still put up some mad numbers like 10 TDs, which is 5th highest in the NFL. If you think TO was the problem in Dallas than you really don't know your own team. The Cowboys problems start all the way up top with the control freak aka: Jerry Jones.

This is a GREAT move by the Buffalo Bills, anyone that doesn't think so knows very little about the sport. TO is a weapon! even in an off-season like last season, he still put up over 1,000 yards and had 10 TD's!! He will make this offense a whole lot better. Wes Welker is a star, not because he's that good but because the Pats have so many other big options on the sidelines. This will open up Reed a whole LOT! not only that but with such WR threats, it's going to be a whole lot easier to run the ball....and worst case scenario is what? we miss the playoffs?? LOL.

With TO now a Buffalo Bill, i'm 100% certain that this isn't the only 'big' signing. The Bills for whatever reason seem to want to spend some crazy cash in the FA market... i don't see how that's a bad thing. People, just be happy. TO, one of the leagues BEST wide receivers in now a Buffalo Bill.

@ the dude from Taxes... sure TO is a bit crazy and talks mad junk but please, he was by far the best Cowboys WR. For all the talk on how bad he was last year he still put up some mad numbers like 10 TDs, which is 5th highest in the NFL. If you think TO was the problem in Dallas than you really don't know your own team. The Cowboys problems start all the way up top with the control freak aka: Jerry Jones.

Right, because if we're not all drinking the koolaid, then we don't know about the sport. What a completely asinine thing to say. Really? You don't see how that's a bad thing? Look up the words "locker room cancer" and you'll see a picture of TO. There are a lot of people who know damn plenty about football who have serious reservations about this move, because TO has caused problems with every franchise and every QB he's played for. His problems and controversies run a little deeper than "he talks mad junk." Remember him calling Garcia a (even though he was married to a Playboy playmate)? Calling out McNabb? Calling out Romo? The suicide attempt/overdose? The press conference featuring him doing situps in his driveway?

You know what the worst-case scenario is? TO blows up and causes problems here just like he's done everywhere else, only this time he's got a of a head coach, a young QB, an arrogant, inconsistent OC and very little veteran leadership to try to keep him in check.

Yes, TO is a weapon. Yes, if his head is on straight he could single-handedly improve the Bills offense and make defenses stop focusing on Lee Evans. The key phrase is "IF HIS HEAD IS ON STRAIGHT" - and his head hasn't been on straight for much of his career.

Anyone who discounts his ability to destroy a locker room and become a cancer is seriously deluded.

I hope he destroys the locker room. If last season showed us anything, it's that there isn't much going on in there anyways. Might as well have TO call out all the slackers on this team.

geeze, I feel like I'm talking about the Sabres. :rolleyes:

I hope he destroys the locker room. If last season showed us anything, it's that there isn't much going on in there anyways. Might as well have TO call out all the slackers on this team.

I think last season had much more to do with piss-poor coaching and a lack of talent in key positions than "slackers" or guys who are too comfortable. Unless TO is going to shake up the coaching staff and the front office, then all he's going to do is cause problems for and call out the wrong guys.

I am definitely worried about how Trent deals with TO and the circus that will follow, because he is a young, developing QB and we really can't afford to have to start developing another new QB.

Not really. The Sabres have talent, but are low-character slackers. The Bills are loaded with high-character guys who can't physically compete on the field.

TO - with his 1 year contract - was a great low risk/high reward acquisition. And I don't think he will ruin Trent's development. Trent strikes me as too smart and emotionally stable to be affected by such a locker room cancer. This offense is now a legitimate pass-catching TE and starting LG away from being a top 10 unit...even in spite of the coaching. Trent will take full advantage of the new weapons, so long as he stays healthy.

Yes, TO is a weapon. Yes, if his head is on straight he could single-handedly improve the Bills offense and make defenses stop focusing on Lee Evans. The key phrase is "IF HIS HEAD IS ON STRAIGHT" - and his head hasn't been on straight for much of his career.

Even when his head isn't on straight, he still manages to put up 10 TD's! that's pretty much what our receiving core got all last season. Last season To also managed to drop a whole lot of balls, if he hadn't dropped as many as he did he would probably finish the year with 15 TD's. So yea, even a crazy TO makes this team that much better.

This isn't Philadelphia, this isn't Dallas. The pressure to perform extremely well doesn't exist in Buffalo, so every time TO drops a pass it isn't going to be digested by the national media. Not to mention, this is TO's last chance to land a nice 2-3 year deal. He stays happy/quite and productive as always and he won't have too much trouble finding a home for another 2-3 years offering a fairly good signing bonus.

SHOCKED!!!

In a good way I think. You never figure a guy like this coming in. I'd rather have TO than another James Hardy....Maybe now the Bills will not be so dependent on the draft for all of the positions.

He'll sell some tickets and perhaps get a Sunday night or probably a Monday night appearance; thats worth the price alone :thumbsup:

I am not even going to bother with TSW. I cannot imagine.

BTW, is Ocho Cinco still available? :unsure:

Even when his head isn't on straight, he still manages to put up 10 TD's! that's pretty much what our receiving core got all last season. Last season To also managed to drop a whole lot of balls, if he hadn't dropped as many as he did he would probably finish the year with 15 TD's. So yea, even a crazy TO makes this team that much better.

This isn't Philadelphia, this isn't Dallas. The pressure to perform extremely well doesn't exist in Buffalo, so every time TO drops a pass it isn't going to be digested by the national media. Not to mention, this is TO's last chance to land a nice 2-3 year deal. He stays happy/quite and productive as always and he won't have too much trouble finding a home for another 2-3 years offering a fairly good signing bonus.

You just posted the reason he's going to be on edge and ready to explode. He's playing for what will likely be his last contract and is going to demand the ball all the time. If he doesn't get it, he's going to be disruptive and a malcontent, and that's when the fun starts.

You're still missing the point, though. Yes, as a football player he is a weapon and he is better than any of the receivers we have. It's the other bs that makes bringing him on such a risk, and that's why a lot of people (some who even have some football sense and actually know the game) think it's a very risky move. That's why I am much more torn about bringing him in than I would be bringing in a Michael Vick or Chris Henry or Pacman Jones. TO has never been accused of not working, preparing or playing hard, and he is generally very productive. He just can't control his ego and mouth, and that is a huge risk, IMO.

Look, I really hope that he does keep his head down and his mouth shut, plays well and the Bills make the playoffs, because the Bills and the fanbase could use a winning season and a playoff game. I just don't see it happening. TO or not, with our schedule next year and Dick Jauron still at the helm, the Bills will be lucky to have another 7-9 record.

Stunning. This has to be Rosenhaus driven, maybe with the thought that his value will skyrocket next year. What possible reason would he want to play in Buffalo?

I wouldn't be surprised if Rosenhaus said good things about Buffalo (yeah, but in the end, it's about the money). By all reports, he has always worked well with the Bills.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rosenhaus said good things about Buffalo (yeah, but in the end, it's about the money). By all reports, he has always worked well with the Bills.

I still hate Rosenhaus for duping Donahoe into drafting McGahee.

And every agent of every other player Donahoe drafted. :D

:lol: True. But those were just stupidity. Donahoe fell for Rosenhaus' bluff (having McGahee talk on his cell so the Bills would think other teams were interested).

This is interesting: apparently Trent Edwards was the impetus for bringing in TO:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...ex.html?eref=T1

"How about T.O.?''

Bills chief operating office Russ Brandon woke up sometime after midnight Friday morning and noticed there was a text message on his cell phone. So he reached over and looked. It was from Trent Edwards, the quarterback of the Bills. "How about T.O.?'' That's all it said.

Brandon shot back with this: "?''

"T.O. was released. Go get him,'' Edwards texted back.

Brandon still seemed surprised when I spoke to him late Sunday. "I went back to sleep,'' he said, "but I was stunned by it. The next morning, [coach] Dick Jauron and I talked, and he said, 'I think it's something we certainly should take a look at.' I put a call into [owner] Ralph Wilson, and he said, 'Absolutely look into it.'''

This is interesting: apparently Trent Edwards was the impetus for bringing in TO:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...ex.html?eref=T1

"How about T.O.?''

Bills chief operating office Russ Brandon woke up sometime after midnight Friday morning and noticed there was a text message on his cell phone. So he reached over and looked. It was from Trent Edwards, the quarterback of the Bills. "How about T.O.?'' That's all it said.

Brandon shot back with this: "?''

"T.O. was released. Go get him,'' Edwards texted back.

Brandon still seemed surprised when I spoke to him late Sunday. "I went back to sleep,'' he said, "but I was stunned by it. The next morning, [coach] Dick Jauron and I talked, and he said, 'I think it's something we certainly should take a look at.' I put a call into [owner] Ralph Wilson, and he said, 'Absolutely look into it.'''

Just shows how smart the kid is. Owens will not only open up the passing game, teams will not be able to stack the box to stop the run. I can't see many teams willing to blitz with Owens and Evans on the edges. This also allows Reed to work the slot and Parrish makes a excellent fourth receiver with all of his speed. When you add talent at the top of the depth chart it allows other players to fall into their more natural roles.

Huge understatement. :D

You've gotta love some of the TSW posters who are so downright giddy about the move that they whipped out their Ralph Wilson-issued blue, red & white glasses for anything and everything regarding TO. "He's a leader!" "He's the ANTI-cancer!" "He's a great teammate!" and on and on and on...

You've gotta love some of the TSW posters who are so downright giddy about the move that they whipped out their Ralph Wilson-issued blue, red & white glasses for anything and everything regarding TO. "He's a leader!" "He's the ANTI-cancer!" "He's a great teammate!" and on and on and on...

My Fav is the "I wish JP was here".......Freaking retards..Or the one where the guy was gonna give up his seasons now he's back..LOL..The Bledsoe yrs were the last for me...I will never pay for another Bills ticket till A..They get real good again..B..Ralph dies and the team gets a real owner...The SABERS ARE THERE ALSO..

Archived