GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:00pm

Wouldn't it be nice if the team actually showed up, played an inspired "us against the word" game and got a victory tonight? If Enroth starts, I really could see this being the case. A shutout would do absolute wonders for this team. I'm not suggesting that Enroth will immediately be thrust into a goalie controversy with Miller, I'm just suggesting that a nice victory would give the team some major confidence and it will give Enroth some confidence going forward in his AHL development. With that said, I sincerely hope that Lalime is over his flu and can start, however, this game has all the ringings of our AHL trifecta of Paetsch, jillson and janek all starting for the first time in a certain playoff game. Us against the world.

On a side note, please do not destroy Raleigh. Oh, scream and make noise and pretend to destroy the city, rape the women, and eat the children, but don't actually do it. Just give the newspaper reporters something great, and fake to write about tomorrow.

7:00pm

Wouldn't it be nice if the team actually showed up, played an inspired "us against the word" game and got a victory tonight? If Enroth starts, I really could see this being the case. A shutout would do absolute wonders for this team. I'm not suggesting that Enroth will immediately be thrust into a goalie controversy with Miller, I'm just suggesting that a nice victory would give the team some major confidence and it will give Enroth some confidence going forward in his AHL development. With that said, I sincerely hope that Lalime is over his flu and can start, however, this game has all the ringings of our AHL trifecta of Paetsch, jillson and janek all starting for the first time in a certain playoff game. Us against the world.

On a side note, please do not destroy Raleigh. Oh, scream and make noise and pretend to destroy the city, rape the women, and eat the children, but don't actually do it. Just give the newspaper reporters something great, and fake to write about tomorrow.

Not a word in the local paper about the game. I am expecting alot of scoreboard grief and will hear all sorts of wide right etc comments. Lets get the screaming going early and win this critical game

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!!

Not a word in the local paper about the game. I am expecting alot of scoreboard grief and will hear all sorts of wide right etc comments. Lets get the screaming going early and win this critical game

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!!

That's because 'ole Luke DeCock doesn't cover the canes anymore. That guy was brutal.

Slow going on the game day thread. Could it be nerves? Big game against a team that can knock them out of 8th? With possibly a rookie goalie making his first start?

It was funny listening to Paul Hamilton this morning talking about Rivet's talk with the players. His speculation could have been ripped right out of my posts. This team isn't making the playoffs playing .500 hockey. The win one lose one just isn't good enough. Hopefully this team will finally get off it's arse and start playing with some intensity.

:thumbsup:

Oh, and yet another game that I will not be able to watch. It has become comical at this point. Why does this team only play when I actually have to be somewhere?

Slow going on the game day thread. Could it be nerves? Big game against a team that can knock them out of 8th? With possibly a rookie goalie making his first start?

Yeah, no pressure, kid!

It was funny listening to Paul Hamilton this morning talking about Rivet's talk with the players. His speculation could have been ripped right out of my posts. This team isn't making the playoffs playing .500 hockey. The win one lose one just isn't good enough. Hopefully this team will finally get off it's arse and start playing with some intensity.

Can we stop talking about ending the win-lose-win-lose-... trend when our last game was a loss? I, for one, really hope that trend continues tonight. Now, if it were to continue through tonight, then we can talk about ending that trend with two (or more) wins in a row. ;)

Yeah, no pressure, kid!

Can we stop talking about ending the win-lose-win-lose-... trend when our last game was a loss? I, for one, really hope that trend continues tonight. Now, if it were to continue through tonight, then we can talk about ending that trend with two (or more) wins in a row. ;)

Couldn't agree more! Canes sputtered against Ottowa on Tuesday, let's continue that slide for them.

I still think that we have enough fire power up front to get it done, and that it starts with solid play in the back. I think they are getting that from some, but there is always that one guy or pairing in a game that looks like they took the night off (i.e. Lydman last game). Limit the giveaways, especially in our own zone, backcheck like crazy, and pick up those two points!

Quite the cluster forming from 5th to 10th place.

Everyone moves tonight.

If Rangers beat Florida, NYR move from 6 to 5th.

If Florida and Sabres win, then its Florida, Sabres, NYR from 6th to 8th.

Montreal plays Philly tomorrow and Pens play Chicago.

Without a win tonight the Sabres could easily be tied for ninth spot by Friday night.

With Philly 7-3 in their last ten and have won two in row, they're in a pretty good spot right now. I'll cheer for them to beat Montreal, then go on a 10 game losing streak.

You're lucky it works for you, I found out the hard way I'm allergic.

I'm allergic to almost nothing. The only two things I know of that I have an allergic reaction to are poison ivy and an anti-biotic called Zithromax (only time I've ever had hives). So I am very thankful and lucky when it comes to allergies.

Good news:

http://www.wgr550.com/Lalime-To-Start--Van...xt-Week/3924426

"Head Coach Lindy Ruff says that he expects Thomas Vanek back in the line-up by next week. Vanek is recovering from a broken jaw. The jaw is no longer wired shut and Vanek has been skating. Vanek said he's in better condition than he thought he'd be after no activity in the beginning. The All Star winger will give a more in depth update on the Sabres pregame show with Schopp and the Bulldog beginning at 6."

:worthy:

This is the game of the year. If we lose, we are 1 point behind Carolina and on the outside looking in. If we win, we are 3 points clear of the Caniacs. Lalime really needs to prove himself tonight if he does indeed play and if not Enroth needs to give us some kind of great, unexpected showing. Carolina is a very smart team but they lack scoring. If we stay out of the box and play the defense we did against the Ducks, i think we should be fine.

Heres to hopin' that Lalime pulls a Jordan and has a badass game while he has the flu. Though playing goaltender while sick you are going to want a couple of easy ones first to get your mind off how you feel. I know thats how you'd like to start every game but its even moreso when you've been puking and sick. Hope he gets the IV drip before the game to stay hydrated. Also hopefully dumbass Lydman doesn't pull more bonehead moves out of his pocket and leave him high and dry.

Heres to hopin' that Lalime pulls a Jordan and has a badass game while he has the flu. Though playing goaltender while sick you are going to want a couple of easy ones first to get your mind off how you feel. I know thats how you'd like to start every game but its even moreso when you've been puking and sick. Hope he gets the IV drip before the game to stay hydrated. Also hopefully dumbass Lydman doesn't pull more bonehead moves out of his pocket and leave him high and dry.

Congratulations, you are the first person to successfully compare Patrick Lalime to Michael Jordan. :thumbsup:

Archived