Vanek in Vanek's own words

Vanek has made an entry on his blog (you'll have to cut-and-paste the entire URL since the forum engine parses it incorrectly):

http://www.thomasvanek.at/index.php?id=31&...1&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=172&tx_ttnews[backPid]=2&cHash=f60b2d9d15

"I haven?t set myself a deadline when I want to play again. The doctors said that I would miss at least 4 weeks altogether. But it could also be 5 to 6 weeks. We?ll just have to wait and see. The only thing certain is that I?ll be wearing a full visor helmet when I get back. That?s because the jaw-braces will stay put for another month from now. Otherwise the risk would be to big."

So, here we are - the Sabres will be without Vanek throughout nearly the remainder of the regular season.

Vanek has made an entry on his blog (you'll have to cut-and-paste the entire URL since the forum engine parses it incorrectly):

http://www.thomasvanek.at/index.php?id=31&...1&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=172&tx_ttnews[backPid]=2&cHash=f60b2d9d15

"I haven?€™t set myself a deadline when I want to play again. The doctors said that I would miss at least 4 weeks altogether. But it could also be 5 to 6 weeks. We?€™ll just have to wait and see. The only thing certain is that I?€™ll be wearing a full visor helmet when I get back. That?€™s because the jaw-braces will stay put for another month from now. Otherwise the risk would be to big."

So, here we are - the Sabres will be without Vanek throughout nearly the remainder of the regular season.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow! People say I overreact. He simply said what we already knew. He is out four weeks and if it doesn't heal correctly it could be longer. Where is the news here?

Here is another news flash. Vanek won't be 100% when he does comeback and his game will be affected by getting use to the full visor.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow! People say I overreact. He simply said what we already knew. He is out four weeks and if it doesn't heal correctly it could be longer. Where is the news here?

Here is another news flash. Vanek won't be 100% when he does comeback and his game will be affected by getting use to the full visor.

I know you have low self-esteem, and posts like yours are meant to diminish others in an attempt to aid said low self-esteem, but typically it's best to get "news" from the source. I had not, hitherto now, seen or heard (the latter being the most unlikely) any input on Vanek's injury and status from Vanek himself. No one prior has mentioned up to six weeks, and no one could or would confirm the type of protection he'll use once back on the ice. For those interested in the topic, this is news. If it makes you feel good to diminish me and/or the value of the news, so be it, but what goes around comes around.

I know you have low self-esteem, and posts like yours are meant to diminish others in an attempt to aid said low self-esteem, but typically it's best to get "news" from the source. I had not, hitherto now, seen or heard (the latter being the most unlikely) any input on Vanek's injury and status from Vanek himself. No one prior has mentioned up to six weeks, and no one could or would confirm the type of protection he'll use once back on the ice. For those interested in a topic, this is news. If it makes you feel good to diminish me and/or the value of the news, so be it, but what goes around comes around.

:lol: :lol: Did I hurt your feelings?

When reports say he is going to miss at least 3-4 weeks that means it can be longer. 5-6 weeks is included in that. It could also be 7-8 weeks if he suffers any set backs.

Also,

Was there speculation in regards to his future protective gear? Was there any doubt after breaking his jaw he would wear full protection. I will go out on a limb and say the Sabres would insist upon it.

Don't worry about my self esteem. I wouldn't come here for a boost. I would do what every other red blooded American does when their self esteem is low. I hit the strip clubs and bang a hooker. It's a much more effective cure than posting on a hockey board.

I wouldn't come here for a boost. I would do what every other red blooded American does when their self esteem is low. I hit the strip clubs and bang a hooker. It's a much more effective cure than posting on a hockey board.

Hahahahahahaha! I agree with DeLuca - find a fat chick, bang the hell out of her, tell her your name is Howie Feltersnatch, then kick her to the curb! What a boost!

:lol: :lol: Did I hurt your feelings?

When reports say he is going to miss at least 3-4 weeks that means it can be longer. 5-6 weeks is included in that. It could also be 7-8 weeks if he suffers any set backs.

Also,

Was there speculation in regards to his future protective gear? Was there any doubt after breaking his jaw he would wear full protection. I will go out on a limb and say the Sabres would insist upon it.

Don't worry about my self esteem. I wouldn't come here for a boost. I would do what every other red blooded American does when their self esteem is low. I hit the strip clubs and bang a hooker. It's a much more effective cure than posting on a hockey board.

Really thats what every red blooded american would do ? :blink: I sir disagree. Not well Played either :thumbdown:

If it's 5-6 weeks, that makes it the middle of March....still 3-4 weeks left in the regular season, about 10-15 games before the end. Should they hang around in a playoff spot until he gets back to 100% (which includes his first 2-3 games back from injury), then I'm happy.

I don't know how much of his workouts would be limited by this injury, but I'm sure he'll keep in shape during his "time off". He would just have to get himself up to game speed before we can consider him as 100% as possible.

I get it. The wife is in the room. We'll talk later. :thumbsup:

I just know your better than that and your arguments are usually more thought out and well founded then resorting to those brand of broad brush categorizations.

Unless of course I'm just a Piss poor judge of blogging character. :rolleyes:

I just know your better than that and your arguments are usually more thought out and well founded then resorting to those brand of broad brush categorizations.

How dare you sir. Those are fighting words. I am not "better than that" or anything else for that matter. :lol:

I sir am not and I deem you to be a fine example of a man! :thumbsup:

How dare you sir. Those are fighting words. I am not "better than that" or anything else for that matter. :lol:

:lol: All righty then just like the jousting word games I already play with my Kids.

To be clear it's not that I couldn't see you doing something like that I just think you strectched it a bit too far with that every red blooded american stereo typification.

:lol: All righty then just like the jousting word games I already play with my Kids.

To be clear it's not that I couldn't see you doing something like that I just think you strectched it a bit too far with that every red blooded american stereo typification.

Thank you. I feel much better now. :thumbsup:

Of course not every "red blooded American" goes to strip bars and bangs hookers. If they did secretaries and baby sitters would never get any action. :rolleyes:

it's newsworthy to read what vanek has to say about his injury. and it doesn't seem worthwhile to debate that issue, frankly.

iirc, the team said initially he'd be out "at least 3-4 weeks." now vanek's acknowledging that it could be more like 5-6 weeks, especially given the time it's going to take for him to regain his strength and fitness.

so, it looks to me like, of the 24 games we have left in our regular season, we can expect to have him back for 1/3 to 1/2 of them. we should also expect him to be operating at a diminished capacity for the first few games that he returns.

Hahahahahahaha! I agree with DeLuca - find a fat chick, bang the hell out of her, tell her your name is Howie Feltersnatch, then kick her to the curb! What a boost!

I haven't tried this, and don't see it happening anytime soon. I have put DeLuca on my ignore list from time to time and it makes me feel better.

Of course not every "red blooded American" goes to strip bars and bangs hookers. If they did secretaries and baby sitters would never get any action. :rolleyes:

Hey, secretaries and baby sitters need love too!

I haven't tried this, and don't see it happening anytime soon. I have put DeLuca on my ignore list from time to time and it makes me feel better.

He (or it - deluca as it were) must have the day off or is wasting a lot of some one's money posting from work.

At any rate... To me this is interesting for a variety of reasons; chief among them being that I was curious to know how Vanek himself was going to respond to Vanek's injury. I suppose it's no more than what I expected from him; he comes across as a no-nonsense type of person. It's nice to see he is taking the high road and enjoying the family time as opposed to moaning and groaning and feeling sorry for himself.

Also, the 5-6 week potential (or as Dr. deluca has it - 7-8 week potential) is significantly more than the "official" word on Vanek's potential absence from the roster. I wonder if this possibility alone is making the front office look into more last minute deals than they might have otherwise.

Archived