• Daniel Briere...even at his 6.5 million cap hit
    • Erik Cole...even if we have to give up Stafford
    • Martin St. Louis...even if he's a midget and Enroth would be the bait
    • Chris Pronger...even if it means sacrificing Butler and Kennedy
    • Doug Weight...even if it means trading Pominville
    • Bill Guerin...even if we would have to trade a 1st round pick
    • Jay Bouwmeester...even if it means giving up Gerbe and Sekera
    • Tomas Kaberle...even if we have to give up Myers and Ennis

Why did you add all of that "even if" stuff? You're getting too far into rational thinking to make it as a rumor maker.

Good point. I also forgot to include a ridiculous numbering system giving more "weight" to certain rumors. Pronger to the Sabres (I5). :chris:

In all seriousness, I don't really think a 5th or 6th defenseman, a 3rd liner little grit, and a scorer who can't score would be enough for him.

Weber is a prospect, not necessarily a 5th or 6th defenseman.

MacArthur another young player.

Pominville is a semi-proven scorer, but is struggling this year.

You don't think that's enough for a forward with 17 goals and just 36 points? It goes both ways -- if you're going to lower all of Buffalo's players stocks based on this year alone, you have to do the same for Phoenix.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who liked the Eric Cole and Bouwmeester trades. Not only do they not seem unrealistic, but they actually wouldn't be bad.

I'm not sure how the Bouwmeester trade would be considered "realistic". Florida might part with him if they got a huge offer (including at least one roster player), but otherwise won't trade away their best shot at making the playoffs. It is unlikely that Florida would be a better team without him and highly likely that the Sabres would be much better with him. Florida is competing with us (and four other teams) for the bottom four playoff spots. That move would significantly reduce their chances of making it. I'm sure that they will get plenty of huge offers from teams in the West and, if they take any offer, it would be one of those. If the rumor really was Sekera and Gerbe, then you also have to consider that Sekera is a RFA this season. Better than an UFA, but still a player that is not under contract. If they are going to make a move, it would likely include a defensemen with time left on his contract.

I'd trade Stafford for Cole, no problem. And since I don't think the Sabres are doing too much with the cap space anyway, sure, let's bring back Danny Briere (we'll find 700K somewhere to trim).

I voted to trade a first-rounder for Guerin, too, but I'm not as convinced of that move as I am of the first two.

Ek certainly keeps churning them out...

"I am also hearing that the Calgary Flames are talking to the Sabres.

The Names I am hearing are Connolly heading to Calgary along with a draft pick and an average prospect for Aucoin and a better than average prospect."

Ek certainly keeps churning them out...

"I am also hearing that the Calgary Flames are talking to the Sabres.

The Names I am hearing are Connolly heading to Calgary along with a draft pick and an average prospect for Aucoin and a better than average prospect."

It would be nice if it made any sense what so ever. The Sabres desperately need centerman and trading away a healthy one for none in return is not an option. Ek isn't even trying at this point.

Darcy's building for the future. They decided not to even bother to try to make the playoffs since the cost to light & AC the building for a few extra games will be too expensive.

That's not a problem, it's an opportunity!!

Join the Sabres for the Tops Friendly Markets Bring Your Own Candle Playoff Night! Brought to you in part by the Northtown Automotive Group.

That's not a problem, it's an opportunity!!

Join the Sabres for the Tops Friendly Markets Bring Your Own Candle and Bag of Frozen Peas Playoff Night! Brought to you in part by the Northtown Automotive Group.

Fixed. Got to keep that temperture down or we'll have a new fog game. Of course you could market that too.

According to my NHL 2009 this morning the Oilers have offered the Sabres Shawn Horcoff and Ethan Moreau for Mike Weber and Drew Stafford? The Sabres declined do to Mike Weber being in the top six for the Norris Trophy and Stafford being on pace for 50 goals.

:lol:

Archived