Mike Milbury calls Connolly "self-centered little dink"

Two or less

As long as Connolly stays healthy and keeps scoring; I'm fine with that statement.

Connolly's play down the stretch is going to cause DR & LQ to lose sleep at night come this summer. Connolly will probably not want to sign a long term contract this summer. He has no leverage for a big deal because of all the injuries over the last 3 years. I could see him looking to sign a 1 year deal to stay with the Sabres and hope for a breakout season where he can avoid the injury bug, but how much will they offer him? 1 year 3 mil? More? Less? Forget about him no matter how the rest of this season plays out?

Unfortunately, the "forget about him" option means the Sabres need to go out and get a #2 center via FA or trade. Is DR going to get it done?

Milbury is a frigging hack. I have zero respect for him.

It is almost high praise to get dissed by Milburry.....perhaps the worst GM in the

history of the league.....letsee he traded Chara, Betruzzi, Spezza, Luongo, Connolley, and Wade Redden in his prime, and i'm sure a host of others....but he did get Mike Peca and Trevor Linden for them.

Milbury is a frigging hack. I have zero respect for him.

I second what X said. I've always wondered if Milberry is related to Matt Millen? Those guys on NESN are unwtachable now that the Bruins finally have had some succes. I really can't stand that Jack guy who was on ESPN, I'd like to see run over by the Zamboni.

It is almost high praise to get dissed by Milburry.....perhaps the worst GM in the

history of the league.....letsee he traded Chara, Betruzzi, Spezza, Luongo, Connolley, and Wade Redden in his prime, and i'm sure a host of others....but he did get Mike Peca and Trevor Linden for them.

Not to mention drafting Luongo 1st overall, then three years later drafting DiPietro 1st overall - while passing on Heatley and Gaborik.

What's really funny is I remember one of the first Sabres-Bruins games after the lockout ... the Sabres were just hitting their stride, and I was watching on Center Ice and had the NESN feed ... and Jack Edwards was just GUSHING over the Sabres. It was like he forgot he was on NESN and was back on ESPN and and was calling it as he saw it. He actually started bickering with Brinkley over a penalty call. But every year since he has gotten worse and worse to the point where now I can only assume next season he will dismiss with the formalities and just refer the Bruins as "we" every chance he gets.

Connolly's play down the stretch is going to cause DR & LQ to lose sleep at night come this summer. Connolly will probably not want to sign a long term contract this summer. He has no leverage for a big deal because of all the injuries over the last 3 years. I could see him looking to sign a 1 year deal to stay with the Sabres and hope for a breakout season where he can avoid the injury bug, but how much will they offer him? 1 year 3 mil? More? Less? Forget about him no matter how the rest of this season plays out?

Unfortunately, the "forget about him" option means the Sabres need to go out and get a #2 center via FA or trade. Is DR going to get it done?

Connolly is SUCH a valuable player to this team when healthy...the problem is, it is hard to keep him healthy. He is basically a point a game player who can do everything---QB a PP, score shorthanded on the penalty kill, turn defensemen inside out with that killer move he obviously taught Stafford...

The Sabres really have a tough decision to make here...IF he stays healthy, the guy is easily a 5-6 million per year player...Sabres will probably ask for a pretty steep discount because of the number of games he has missed since signing his 3 million a year deal...it will be interesting to see what they do...the worst caes scenario is another team signs him, and he stays healthy and gets 90-100 points...

Only reason I knew that is because I made the same mistake. A year ago I would have bet you a drink he was first overall.

There was so much hype (probably the NY media) that I was certain Luongo was a top pick.

There was so much hype (probably the NY media) that I was certain Luongo was a top pick.

Well, in a way he was the "1st" pick. He was the highest drafted goalie ever at the time. No one had ever gone higher than #5 before. That name of that goalie could be the subject of a rather easy trivia question.

the worst case scenario is another team signs him, and he stays healthy and gets 90-100 points...

As long as the Sabres sign another top-two center when they let him go, that is not the worst-case scenario. The worst case scenario is what we witnessed over the last two and a half years. The worst case scenario is that they re-sign him, even at a discount, for a few years and he ends up hurt again and again and ...

As long as the Sabres sign another top-two center when they let him go, that is not the worst-case scenario. The worst case scenario is what we witnessed over the last two and a half years. The worst case scenario is that they re-sign him, even at a discount, for a few years and he ends up hurt again and again and ...

It's a pretty thin center class for free agents, and Connolly would cost less then any other top 2 center we could sign, despite his hot streak.

It's a pretty thin center class for free agents, and Connolly would cost less then any other top 2 center we could sign, despite his hot streak.

My point is that having him leave only to stay healthy and put up a lot of points isn't the worst thing that could happen with Tim next year, as long as we at least have a decent center in his place. It would be significantly worse to sign him and have him not play. Sure, if let him walk, there's a chance of a "what if", but we wouldn't be much worse off than if he were on our team (assuming that you have a capable second-line center), whereas if you sign him and he doesn't play, we would be much worse off than if he weren't on the team. The market may look thin now, but you never know what can happen. Who knew that Lang could be had for a second-round pick? Besides, Darcy works in trades, not UFAs.

Archived