Lundquivst over Miller for the All-Star game?

Swedesessed

Miller:

18-10-4 2.54GAA 3SHO .914 SV

Lundquivst:

20-12-3 2.67GAA 1SHO 908 SV

And Ovechkin is a RESERVE?!?! :wallbash:

Can we just cancel this All-Star crap already? It is a complete joke all the way around

Of course Ovechkin is a reserve. The NHL needed to have four Habs and two Pens in the starting lineup. :rolleyes:

Of course Ovechkin is a reserve. The NHL needed to have four Habs and two Pens in the starting lineup. :rolleyes:

Does it really get any worse then that?

The NHL wants to market itself, but the best, most exciting player in the NHL is a fuggin reserve.

And Lundy gets the nod because he is a Ranger, on a team playing a 1-4 trap and has WORSE numbers then Miller.

Unreal.

I'm a Miller fan, but I can't say with a straight face that his play this year has been ASG-worthy.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

I'm glad Lundqvist got in. Let's show him up on Friday and light him up. And oh yeah, it's gonna give Miller a few more days rest. I love all-star games and wish we were represented, but we're fighting for 8th seed and rest is very important right now.

And it seems that goalies tend to struggle more coming off the ASB, so yeah, I'm fine with Ryan getting some extra rest.

Lotta average/mediocre goaltending numbers in the East this year.

Personally I'd have given the last spot to Craig Anderson, but that's just me.

I agree, Anderson has been great this year for the Panthers. He's put up some very impressive games where he faces 40+ shots, and comes out with a shutout or only a goal or two against.

I agree, Anderson has been great this year for the Panthers. He's put up some very impressive games where he faces 40+ shots, and comes out with a shutout or only a goal or two against.

The starting roster (with two Penguins and four Canadiens) and the "one per team" rule really dictated some decisions this year. Let's say that you take out Lundqvist, then the Rangers have no player. If you put in Miller, then you have to either replace Chara with a Rangers defenseman or replace Savard or Vanek with a Rangers forward. If you went with Anderson, then its either Chara or Bouwmeester out on defense or Savard out at forward. Does anyone really see any of those happening?

I said it in the other thread and I'll say it again. Who cares whether or not Ovechkin is a starter. It's a meaningless label that disappears 20 seconds into the game. If anything matters at all, it's the fact that he's there. The league will still market the fact that he's playing and his starting status won't add or subtract any viewers.

Yeah, seriously. Millertime is having his best season so far, but I'm sensing a lot more people hating on him this year. Why is that?

Why? Because he's a whining, sniveling sieve. Even Lindy called him out.

Best season? Not saying much, is it? I will give you that he's played better the last few games.

Miller is not even close to all-star worthy this year, and imo his best season was 05-06.

Millers numbers might be comparable, IMO hes the goalie who can make a lot of great saves but lets in that momentum killing softy gaols that really detract from his status. How many times have the Sabres scored this year and bam miller lets on in.

At this point Miller should be hitting his peak but hes just not gonna get there, too many mental lapses ---recently the behind the net goal it let Sens right back in.

Millers numbers might be comparable, IMO hes the goalie who can make a lot of great saves but lets in that momentum killing softy gaols that really detract from his status. How many times have the Sabres scored this year and bam miller lets on in.

At this point Miller should be hitting his peak but hes just not gonna get there, too many mental lapses ---recently the behind the net goal it let Sens right back in.

All things considered, I think he's proven himself to be a top 10 goalie in the NHL. In other words, he's certainly not one of the weak points of the team. When you consider just how much he shoulders the goaltending load for this team, he's arguably our most important player. Think of it this way...if Vanek, Roy or Pominville goes down for the rest of the season the team can survive, even if it's weaker. If Miller goes down, the team is done. He's a very good goalie.

Archived