Def Leppard's dis on purpose

rbochan

"J.J.: "You think he did it on purpose?"

"No, we know he did ... we talked to people at the show and the guy was being real rude to everybody," Chelios said. "He was in a bad mood when they got there, so for whatever reason he didn't want to be there. And that's his way of showing it and taking it out on the NHL."

clicky clicky

Whatever the case the band was a poor pick on the NHL/Vs. part. Lots of popular Canadian/hockey friendly bands out there. It's just another case of the NHL not realizing who their fan base is. Rush, Barenaked Ladies are just a couple of the Myriad of bads they had to choose from. Averil freaking Levine would have been a better choice. Then again none of those bands would have been available for the 25 G's (just guessing) they paid Def Leppard.

Whatever the case the band was a poor pick on the NHL/Vs. part. Lots of popular Canadian/hockey friendly bands out there. It's just another case of the NHL not realizing who their fan base is. Rush, Barenaked Ladies are just a couple of the Myriad of bads they had to choose from. Averil freaking Levine would have been a better choice. Then again none of those bands would have been available for the 25 G's (just guessing) they paid Def Leppard.

Actually, the Barenaked Ladies would definitely be available at that rate. They would probably play for about $5 at this point. They're currently making children's music.

Exactly, how can people not have the Hip listed?

The Hip are popular basically in neighboring cities of Canada, ie Buffalo. Not really anywhere else. VS is an American product, it would have been a terrible choice. Alanis Morrisette wasn't a bad choice at all, but it would have been better if she could sing though.

The Hip are popular basically in neighboring cities of Canada, ie Buffalo. Not really anywhere else. VS is an American product, it would have been a terrible choice. Alanis Morrisette wasn't a bad choice at all, but it would have been better if she could sing though.

Good points, but the Hip are big in most hockey cities in the US, there are a lot of people who know them esp since they have been around for 20 somethin years

The Hip would have been a great choice. They recorded their live album "Live Between Us" in Detroit. I understand VS is American, but most people watching that would have appreciated the energy and respect The Hip have for hockey and rockNroll. They played against Toronto for crying out loud.

Back to Def Leppard, I liked Pyromania, I'll admit, but overall, it was a lousy choice. Like he said, they are soccer fans, they could give two $hits about hockey. VS should have ran a poll and let the fans pick the friggin band.

PS - Alanis Morrisette sucks!

Has Alanis Morrisette put out any other albums besides Jagged Little Pill? I think I heard once that she rerecorded the entire album and released it again. It's pretty bad when the only time you hear about her music is in articles rather then actually hearing her music.

Archived