Def Leppard's dis on purpose

rbochan

Now don't anyone take this the wrong way or be hatin on me now but I know the answer.

Because they suck asss.

come on, really? didn't you have an avatar of Gord Downie a while ago?

its an acquired taste, i know a lot of people who don't like them though

come on, really? didn't you have an avatar of Gord Downie a while ago?

its an acquired taste, i know a lot of people who don't like them though

Who on God's Green Earth is Gord Downie? I have only really heard little snippets of them so I really can't judge.

An acquired taste kinda like the Dead or Phish. Two more bands I can't stomach. :sick:

Who on God's Green Earth is Gord Downie? I have only really heard little snippets of them so I really can't judge.

An acquired taste kinda like the Dead or Phish. Two more bands I can't stomach. :sick:

eh maybe it wasn't you, anyway big hip fan, have been for a long time now...

o boy... what's he saying?

Spent about seven minutes on the topic. Four of those minutes were spent explaining how precious the Cup is to hockey fans--you have to know Rome's syncopated speech to even begin to understand why this would take four minutes instead of two. One minute was spent explaining why Def Leppard might be a little on the lame side nowadays. One minute on Chelios's take on the situation. And one more on how Def Leppard might be lame nowadays.

The overall theme: Screw around with the World Series trophy, maybe, or the Lombardi trophy, but the Stanley Cup is pretty sacred. (This really was his theme during the first four mins.). Rome does have some serious respect for hockey fans, even though his show mostly is dedicated to other stuff.

glad to hear that rome stuck up for hockey. I said the same thing to my friend yesterday at work. the nfl is 10000% bigger than than the nhl, but the entire country could understand if a band knocked over the lombardi trophy as a gimmick. However, for as small as hockey is nationally, everyone know that you don't f--k with the stanley cup. Glad rome used his mic to actually say it to the masses.

Archived