• Rhett Warrener
    • Eric Rasmussen
    • Chris Gratton
    • Jiri Novotny
    • Ty Conklin
    • Dainus Zubrus
    • Brian Campbell

Kozlov, total prick.

May, loved him while he was here, but the longer he plays the more his true colors have come out. Hate him now.

Gratton, nice guy, but he never amounted to anything.

I forgot about Nichol, wish I could add him to my vote.

Slava Kozlov. The guy was a huge jerk after he left Buffalo mocking the city and fans. Still i remember, years after he left, he still talked crap. I remember he was interviewed once by TSN when the story was "why nobody wants to go to buffalo" and he dissed our fans and media and cheap organization, and i remember when we won that 10 in a row streak 2 seasons ago, the night before playing Sabres he pretty much said Atlanta would win and that Buffalo doesn't deserve any kind of records. Guy is a bum. Hope he breaks his leg one of these days.

Why was he like that? Did Dom refuse to share his wife or something?

I don't hate Brad May - in fact he was one of my favorite Sabres, going back to his days as part of the Niagara Falls Thunder - but I lost some respect for him when it came out that he put a bounty on Steve Moore's head (before the Bertuzzi incident.)

Why?

Steve Moore took several cheap shots on Sedin's and Morrison and many times didn't want to fight anyone, despite illegally nailing their star players into the boards. If he had fought one of several players, i don't think things would have gotten that ugly. Moore injured one of the Sedin's with a knee to knee earlier in that season. And was still hunting them down that game.

Satan would have better if he was just a complimentary player to a better goal scorer. His +/- was always terrible.

I still don't get why some people don't like Drury & Briere?! They played great for us and were probably the 2 most popular players on the team when they were here. Now people boo them, that just shows no class. It's not like those 2 said they wanted a trade, wanted out of Buffalo, and bashed the team, city & the fans just like some other P.O.S. players that have played football & hockey for us.

Why?

Steve Moore took several cheap shots on Sedin's and Morrison and many times didn't want to fight anyone, despite illegally nailing their star players into the boards. If he had fought one of several players, i don't think things would have gotten that ugly. Moore injured one of the Sedin's with a knee to knee earlier in that season. And was still hunting them down that game.

:wallbash: Do we have to go through this every time?

In the game where Bertuzzi ended Moore career, Moore had already fought earlier in the game. I asked in the other thread, and I'll ask again - how many times did he need to fight before the Canucks were satisfied? Once, twice, 10 times? Did Vancouver get carte blanche to stalk him for the rest of his career?

So is this the new tactic to justify that "Moore had it coming?" Now we claim that not only did he give a concussion to Naslund on a clean check, but was a loose cannon who was mowing down Canucks left and right until the heroic Bertuzzi ended Moore reign of terror? I've never heard anything of him rampaging through the Canucks' superstars, and I went back through the game recaps and stats, and never found anything indicating a prior cheap shot or incident.

As for the original point - putting a bounty on his head is unacceptable. Period. There are no justifications for coming out on the media and putting a bounty on a player's head. This is the NHL, not the Federal League.

Please. People always get angry after something bad happens. How about Chris Neil? He NAILED Chris Drury with a illegal hit and Sabres went after him. That game. And the next game which was in Ottawa. The difference is, each time we wanted to fight Neil, he fought back. Moore didn't. That was the big difference. He made multiple bad hits on players who couldn't protect themselves and fought only when he wanted.... aka when Matt Cooke, a checker but not really know for his fighting, got in his face, because Moore skated away from each fight. I don't care if people think i'm sick for having this opinion, i watched the game, and actually watched several Vancouver/Colorado games that season, and Moore was a prick. No i don't think he should have gotten hurt and nailed the way he did. It was poor of Bertuzzi, but, Moore wasn't an angel. His "Game" could have caused serious injury to someone as well, like Sedin or Morrison, who he was targetting. And he did injury Sedin with a ILLEGAL hit earlier that season.

Please. People always get angry after something bad happens. How about Chris Neil? He NAILED Chris Drury with a illegal hit and Sabres went after him. That game. And the next game which was in Ottawa. The difference is, each time we wanted to fight Neil, he fought back. Moore didn't. That was the big difference. He made multiple bad hits on players who couldn't protect themselves and fought only when he wanted.... aka when Matt Cooke, a checker but not really know for his fighting, got in his face, because Moore skated away from each fight. I don't care if people think i'm sick for having this opinion, i watched the game, and actually watched several Vancouver/Colorado games that season, and Moore was a prick. No i don't think he should have gotten hurt and nailed the way he did. It was poor of Bertuzzi, but, Moore wasn't an angel. His "Game" could have caused serious injury to someone as well, like Sedin or Morrison, who he was targetting. And he did injury Sedin with a ILLEGAL hit earlier that season.

So you have nothing to back up your claims that Moore was a loose cannon running rampant through the Canucks stars until Bertuzzi stopped him, huh? We're still clinging to the "Moore got what he had coming" Federal League bullschitt, huh? Gonna pull the old "blame the victim" play from the playbook.

I went through the game recaps of all three meeting between Colorado and Vancouver before the Naslund incident. Guess what - not a single one mentions a cheap shot by Moore, and not a single one mentions Sedin leaving with an injury.

But I'll do the work for you. Here are the links.

Dec. 11, 1-1 T

Dec. 29, 3-2 Van

Jan, 2 4-2 Col.

The next game, after May shot his mouth off, the commish was in attendance. Apparently the hit wasn't so bad that anyone would risk a suspension to get even. But the next time they played, with the game out of hand and Bertuzzi and company getting their kicked on the scoreboard, they got pissed and decided that it was time to make Moore pay, again and again.

As for the fight with Cooke - newsflash: Cooke was a checker. Moore was a checker. That's an even matchup. But I'll humor you - who should Moore have fought, and how many times?

Don't lump me, or other intelligent hockey fans, in with your own Neanderthalic desires for revenge at all costs. Did I want Neil to get his ass kicked? Yep. Still do. Every time we play them I want someone to pound his face in. The difference is a) I don't want to hear about a bounty on his head, and b) I don't want someone jumping him from behind. I want him to square up and get his ass kicked in a fair fight.

So you have nothing to back up your claims that Moore was a loose cannon running rampant through the Canucks stars until Bert stopped him, huh? We're still clinging to the "Moore got what he had coming" Federal League bullschitt, huh? Gonna pull the old "blame the victim" play from the playbook.

I went through the game recaps of all three meeting between Colorado and Vancouver before the Naslund incident. Guess what - not a single one mentions a cheap shot by Moore, and not a single one mentions Sedin leaving with an injury.

But I'll do the work for you. Here are the links.

Dec. 11, 1-1 T

Dec. 29, 3-2 Van

Jan, 2 4-2 Col.

The next game, after May shot his mouth off, the commish was in attendance. Apparently the hit wasn't so bad that anyone would risk a suspension to get even. But the next time they played, with the game out of hand and Bertuzzi and company getting their kicked on the scoreboard, they got pissed and decided that it was time to make Moore pay, again and again.

As for the fight with Cooke - newsflash: Cooke was a checker. Moore was a checker. That's an even matchup. But I'll humor you - who should Moore have fought, and how many times?

Don't lump me, or other intelligent hockey fans, in with your own Neanderthalic desires for revenge at all costs. Did I want Neil to get his ass kicked? Yep. Still do. Every time we play them I want someone to pound his face in. The difference is a) I don't want to hear about a bounty on his head, and b) I don't want someone jumping him from behind. I want him to square up and get his ass kicked in a fair fight.

I'm just going to end the arguement. Because frankly i don't care. And in todays society, people care too much about the result of something and not of how we got there. It's just a way of life. You think Moore was perfect and now is screwed, i see it as Moore was a goon who went after star players and it all resulted in something horrible for everyone. I think we can both agree we wish it'd all be taken back and Moore could still play hockey.

I watched the games and i argued enough on a different forum when it happened, i don't need to re-state my opinions. So believe what you wish.

imo, bertuzzi's just this side of being an outright criminal. the fact that he's still in the game is shameful.

and, please, there's only one guy to whom we should refer as "bert."

Agreed.

And I went back and changed the reference. I was going for a Sesame Street-style shot at Bertuzzi (unibrow and all) but forgot about #11.

I'm just going to end the arguement. Because frankly i don't care. And in todays society, people care too much about the result of something and not of how we got there. It's just a way of life. You think Moore was perfect and now is screwed, i see it as Moore was a goon who went after star players and it all resulted in something horrible for everyone. I think we can both agree we wish it'd all be taken back and Moore could still play hockey.

I watched the games and i argued enough on a different forum when it happened, i don't need to re-state my opinions. So believe what you wish.

Fine with me. After all you were the one who made unsubstantiated accusations about Moore's apparent reign of terror over the poor defenseless Canucks and their star players, and have yet to back them up.

I saw the incident when it happened, and thanks to Center Ice, I had seen several games prior to that. What I can tell you is that I had rarely heard Moore's name until he blew Naslund up with a clean check. So I guess he wasn't doing a good job of being a cheap-shot artist.

And don't put words in my mouth. I never said anything about Moore being perfect. I simply said that there were no prior incidents. From what I saw of him he was a Kaleta-esque player who played physical but not dirty.

Moore had one fight in his career - the scrap with Cooke. Neither of Sedin twins missed any games with knee injuries that year. Henrik missed a handful of games to an ab strain and the year before had a shoulder injury. And nothing has been mentioned in any of the game recaps about a Sedin leaving the game with a knee injury, nor a questionable hit or collision with Moore.

Fine with me. After all you were the one who made unsubstantiated accusations about Moore's apparent reign of terror over the poor defenseless Canucks and their star players, and have yet to back them up.

I saw the incident when it happened, and thanks to Center Ice, I had seen several games prior to that. What I can tell you is that I had rarely heard Moore's name until he blew Naslund up with a clean check. So I guess he wasn't doing a good job of being a cheap-shot artist.

And don't put words in my mouth. I never said anything about Moore being perfect. I simply said that there were no prior incidents. From what I saw of him he was a Kaleta-esque player who played physical but not dirty.

Moore had one fight in his career - the scrap with Cooke. Neither of Sedin twins missed any games with knee injuries that year. Henrik missed a handful of games to an ab strain and the year before had a shoulder injury. And nothing has been mentioned in any of the game recaps about a Sedin leaving the game with a knee injury, nor a questionable hit or collision with Moore.

I'm not going to go and find the video clips if they even still exist, and a little game recap won't say much about the way Moore was targetting their players. It's a endless arguement. A AP reporter doing a story will never call a player out by saying cheap hit. It's not their job. Their not columnists, their reporting the facts of the games.

And maybe it wasn't Sedin, maybe it was someone else. Moore injured a Canucks player earlier that season which led to all of this.

I'm not going to go and find the video clips if they even still exist, and a little game recap won't say much about the way Moore was targetting their players. It's a endless arguement. A AP reporter doing a story will never call a player out by saying cheap hit. It's not their job. Their not columnists, their reporting the facts of the games.

And maybe it wasn't Sedin, maybe it was someone else. Moore injured a Canucks player earlier that season which led to all of this.

It was one clean hit on Naslund. That's it. There were no other hits. Until I see evidence of some other supposed Moore cheap shot, then I have to believe that you are mistaken.

And why wouldn't an AP reporter write about a cheap shot? That's just a ridiculous statement to make. They wrote about it when Neil blindsided Drury, they wrote about it when Bertuzzi attacked Moore - but they won't write about it when someone leaves with an injury? Why wasn't it referenced in all the other stories that followed the Bertuzzi attack? Why wouldn't it be included in the timeline or history?

I haven't read all the responses, but Mike Grier did a fair amount of Sabres bashing on the way out the door and after he left. I hoped at first it was jealousy. But obviously he would have felt better once he saw Drury and Brier get shown the door. With Jay McKee, I think he was given such a rediculous amount of $$ that you could understand his departure.

Archived