GDT - Buffalo at Minnesota - 8 pm EDT

Strow

How long ya got?

For me, it's getting late in the day.

This is what makes SS loads of fun to come to: in spite of agreements and disagreements, we can all have a boatload of fun from time to time. :thumbsup:

There are three things I pay attention to, during the preseason. One, getting a glimpse at possible future Sabres. Two, injuries. It sucks Gaustad is out for a short while. Third, is team chemistry. This one is more difficult to develop or watch, because of the mixed up lines, AHL'ers playing, etc...The time I start caring about Sabres play is October 10th. Buffalo basically has the same squad, if not better, they had last year. W/ Numminen and Rivet on the team, the defense is much improved. Considering the fact the Sabres were ahead of Philly and Washington w/ roughly 20 games to go, I think it's dumb to say they're not going to make the playoffs. It will be tight, but I think the Sabres have a better chance of making the playoffs than missing the playoffs.

There are three things I pay attention to, during the preseason. One, getting a glimpse at possible future Sabres. Two, injuries. It sucks Gaustad is out for a short while. Third, is team chemistry. This one is more difficult to develop or watch, because of the mixed up lines, AHL'ers playing, etc...The time I start caring about Sabres play is October 10th. Buffalo basically has the same squad, if not better, they had last year. W/ Numminen and Rivet on the team, the defense is much improved. Considering the fact the Sabres were ahead of Philly and Washington w/ roughly 20 games to go, I think it's dumb to say they're not going to make the playoffs. It will be tight, but I think the Sabres have a better chance of making the playoffs than missing the playoffs.

Pre season hockey means almost nothing. Last year Buffalo was 4 and 2 and we all know what kind of start they got off to.

Pre season hockey means almost nothing. Last year Buffalo was 4 and 2 and we all know what kind of start they got off to.

Couldn't agree w/ you more. :thumbsup: Most league's preseasons virtually means jack...to a certain extent. The only thing I worry about is injuries.

I agree about the record part meaning nothing and obviously with the lineup's they have had they are judging/evaluating allot of these new players but IMHO you still need to use preseason too identify/validate your lines and pairings and allow them to work together to get their game and timing down. I do not like the idea of trying to do that for the first time in regular season games.

I'll be curious to see if Lindy finally does that in the last couple games. .

One of the main things Lindy, players also, has been stressing is starting the season w/ a W. If they win at home against the Habs, that'll be a GREAT start. Montreal is a contender this year.

From seeing the lineups for the preseason games, this year it looks like they are really trying to get a gauge on the players that are on the fringe of breaking in. Even last night's lineup had a bunch of "regulars" at home. However, that being said, I didn't like the sound of how sloppy things were.

at this point, almost all of the "kids" in the lineup and veterans should have more discipline than taking craptastic penalties. I also think tonight and the last game might be a good time to start putting regular season lines in so they can get a feel for playing in games, getting their timing down, and the like. But, maybe, Lindy feels like the 7 days of practice before the opener is enough time to get everyone on the same page. But, practicing isn't like game conditions.

Archived