GDT - Buffalo at Minnesota - 8 pm EDT

Strow

So who do we see in tonight? Is it the last time some of the younger guys see the ice or do the Sabres start putting together some lines that we might see when the games count? Also gonna be fun to see if Lindy puts some of the kids in Goose spot to see if they can stay with the big club for 3 weeks. Any clue to the line up tonight post HERE!

Since no one has started on as yet, I thought I would get the ball rolling. It's still preseason but you guys back East must sleep in late :P . It's hockey season. Doesn't everyone get up bright eyed and busy tailed on the game days?

I looked for streaming TV coverage on the website that was posted a few days ago and I don't see anything listed for this game. Looks like another radio only game.

Not sure who's going to be in the lineup tonight as I've not seen anything posted about it anywhere. But, I think we'll be seeing more of the prospects left in camp. Perhaps seeing who can also play center if Mair isn't ready to roll or Connolly's back thing is going to be this year's nagging injury. I think Timmy's is duct taped together at this point. Kinda like my '92 car.

Edit: There's two of us that are bright eyed- and bushy tailed. Looks like we need to combine them.

I looked for streaming TV coverage on the website that was posted a few days ago and I don't see anything listed for this game. Looks like another radio only game.

Unfortunately, unless the Wild decide to play the game on TV, there's nothing for the online people to stream. Here's hoping that they are more likely to air a home game.

I am a night person - usually go to bed at 2 am because I should, not because I am tired - so you will never see me bright-eyed or bushy-tailed before at least 10 am.

Unfortunately, unless the Wild decide to play the game on TV, there's nothing for the online people to stream. Here's hoping that they are more likely to air a home game.

I am a night person - usually go to bed at 2 am because I should, not because I am tired - so you will never see me bright-eyed or bushy-tailed before at least 10 am.

I'm similar but I force myself to get up at 5 am and get my ass into work so I can haul ass home for the 7 pm (4 pm PDT) games. Is that dedication or insanity? I can't tell which...but if I were insane would I know it or would I think it's just normal? Anyways, I think that's what LQ means when he says the young ones are the future. They lure you in, get you hooked on that life-long obsession, and produce a Buffalo sports fan. Evil. Just like all the tiny babies that I saw last year at games in their Sabres onesies. Poor kids.

Since no one has started on as yet, I thought I would get the ball rolling. It's still preseason but you guys back East must sleep in late :P . It's hockey season. Doesn't everyone get up bright eyed and busy tailed on the game days?

Not sure who's going to be in the lineup tonight as I've not seen anything posted about it anywhere. But, I think we'll be seeing more of the prospects left in camp. Perhaps seeing who can also play center if Mair isn't ready to roll or Connolly's back thing is going to be this year's nagging injury. I think Timmy's is duct taped together at this point. Kinda like my '92 car.

Edit: There's two of us that are bright eyed- and bushy tailed. Looks like we need to combine them.

Word on the street is Mair is playing tonight.

Too lazy to look up what prospects are still up here.

With the extra spot that just opened up due to Gaustad's injury, i am really wondering if any kid takes advantage tonight. I'd have to think both MacArthur and Zagrapan will be in the lineup today. After a slow start IMO by MacArthur, he has been one of the best players this weekend. I was at the game Saturday night and he was awesome i thought and according to John Vogl of the Buffalo News Sabres blog, MacArthur was great Sunday and helped Hecht score the 2nd goal... (nailed a dude behind the net, won the puck and passed it infront).

With the extra spot that just opened up due to Gaustad's injury, i am really wondering if any kid takes advantage tonight. I'd have to think both MacArthur and Zagrapan will be in the lineup today. After a slow start IMO by MacArthur, he has been one of the best players this weekend. I was at the game Saturday night and he was awesome i thought and according to John Vogl of the Buffalo News Sabres blog, MacArthur was great Sunday and helped Hecht score the 2nd goal... (nailed a dude behind the net, won the puck and passed it infront).

New twist: maybe we'll see Matt Ellis (tonight or tomorrow.)

Looks like the lines are:

Vanek-Roy-Kotalik

MacArthur-Hecht-Pominville

Paille-Zagrapan-Stafford

Darche-Hunter-Mancari

with defensive pairings:

Lydman-Spacek

Tallinder-Sekera

Numminen-Paetsch

Shorty went off Teppo's stick. That's at least three of those this preseason (off own stick, not shorties ... actually, we've given up at least three of those, too.) Doh, five shots against and three goals. Miller's SV% is awful.

Edit: anyone else having trouble with WGR550 online? It keeps cutting off on me.

It's getting pretty ugly now it sounds like. 3-0 on a shortie. Ouch.I'm hearing MacArthur's name quite a bit tonight though.

Why do I get this sick feeling in my stomach that Minnesota owns us? They were just as hard on us when they were the North Stars.

I am getting a sick feeling that we are gonna miss the playoffs again this year...

That's really reassuring to those of us who wasted $150 some odd dollars on the NHL Center Ice package.

"New NHL" is just like "New Coke" now.

Archived