Shocking News!!!! Connolly out with a sore back

tom webster

I noticed in the article "Coach Lindy Ruff seemed discouraged with Connolly?s progress after practice Friday, noting that ?he?s got a nagging type injury that doesn?t seem to want to go away and he?s got to get through it.?

and

He did pretty good,? Ruff said. ?He was feeling better today and had a good practice.

?I think it?s realistic [Connolly could play Friday] but we?ve got a good week ahead of us.?

So when the coach is showing some doubts about a player then those of us who mentioned our concerns right off the bat earlier in this article were right on.

He must be expecting another injury during the course of the week..LOL

I think Ruff's comments are a good sign that maybe the Sabres are smartening up and won't be relying on Connolly this season.

Its too bad the front office did nothing to bring in another solid center to mimic Ruffs thoughts then..

You're fighting the good fight. I applaud you. But the more time goes on and the more we hear, the worse it does sound. Lindy has a very poor record of being honest with the media and fans about injuries. Remember that Tim was going to play in Game 3 against the Sens in 06.

And listening to Bwyaaan Murray.....so was Dom Hasek.

I think Ruff's comments are a good sign that maybe the Sabres are smartening up and won't be relying on Connolly this season.

That would be great, but is relying on Timmy better then relying on nobody, since they didn't do anything to bring in someone to rely on and take the pressure of Timmy. Maybe that guy is Ellis??

You're fighting the good fight. I applaud you. But the more time goes on and the more we hear, the worse it does sound. Lindy has a very poor record of being honest with the media and fans about injuries. Remember that Tim was going to play in Game 3 against the Sens in 06.

Hey, if people would post the entire quote instead of selectively quoting what Ruff said...

But oh well, I'm having fun with this anyway.

That would be great, but is relying on Timmy better then relying on nobody, since they didn't do anything to bring in someone to rely on and take the pressure of Timmy. Maybe that guy is Ellis??

The Sabres need to rely on the core players. If Connolly is available on a given night then sure play him. Long term the Sabres need to go about their business as if Connolly won't be available which will be the case more often than not.

Hey, if people would post the entire quote instead of selectively quoting what Ruff said...

But oh well, I'm having fun with this anyway.

Two things,

1) I posted the link and did not interpret anything, one way or another.

2) You started posting your "devil's advocate" side at least 5 posts before someone started taking things out of context.

All in all I enjoyed the debate and continue to be amused at how some threads take in a life of their own.

Two things,

1) I posted the link and did not interpret anything, one way or another.

2) You started posting your "devil's advocate" side at least 5 posts before someone started taking things out of context.

All in all I enjoyed the debate and continue to be amused at how some threads take in a life of their own.

My last post was in response to the more recent article that was mentioned a day or two ago. Looking back, they did miss one part of Ruff's comments, but the key part left out was that his change of attitude came after watching him practice strongly. Seems to me like an important fact to mention.

My last post was in response to the more recent article that was mentioned a day or two ago. Looking back, they did miss one part of Ruff's comments, but the key part left out was that his change of attitude came after watching him practice strongly. Seems to me like an important fact to mention.

Agreed.

Yes I am guilty of selecting specific quotes for my post however I thought people would have likely read the whole article before reading mine. I did choose to highlight the points that got my attention and I are the same concerns shared by other's here. Mainly I'm just supporting why I agree with Deluca on this one and that he just cannot and should not be counted on as a main piece of the puzzle. If this year we get 60 games out of him before he be nagged by an injury and he contributes great but the sooner we get a more dependable player to fill that role full time instead of part time the better.

The Sabres need to rely on the core players. If Connolly is available on a given night then sure play him. Long term the Sabres need to go about their business as if Connolly won't be available which will be the case more often than not.

I'm not disagreeing with you really, my point is that the choice is to rely on Connolly, or rely on the guy they brought in to replace him, nobody

Yes I am guilty of selecting specific quotes for my post however I thought people would have likely read the whole article before reading mine. I did choose to highlight the points that got my attention and I are the same concerns shared by other's here. Mainly I'm just supporting why I agree with Deluca on this one and that he just cannot and should not be counted on as a main piece of the puzzle. If this year we get 60 games out of him before he be nagged by an injury and he contributes great but the sooner we get a more dependable player to fill that role full time instead of part time the better.

But people don't read entire articles. They're stupid. Now I'm not making this a statement about anyone here (except inkman), but that's the way it is.

Archived