Bought The 3rd Jersey

CallawaySabres

Although, I love the fact they went to the old logo, the quality of the replica jersey seems much worse than it used to be. I have the replica white throwback (Perreault) and it seems a lot more durable than these new ones. I was not about to jump to the authentic which was $375!!!! Anyhow, I know I won't be complaining once it arrives.

Anyone else notice the quality or am I imagining this.....

Although, I love the fact they went to the old logo, the quality of the replica jersey seems much worse than it used to be. I have the replica white throwback (Perreault) and it seems a lot more durable than these new ones. I was not about to jump to the authentic which was $375!!!! Anyhow, I know I won't be complaining once it arrives.

Anyone else notice the quality or am I imagining this.....

Did you get to handle them at the arena or are you basing that on the slug replicas?

I only by authentics because I'm a bit of a jersey snob. The scary thing, though, is that is almost exactly what my Roy game-worn (COA and photo-matched) preseason 2002 black goat head jersey cost me. I know that I can't wear that, as opposed to one of these, but still ...

i bought one too just yesterday at the pre-season game. i got to see the thing in person. it looks great. but i'm pretty sure what they had there was an authentic... not a replica. i asked the guy if the logo's are all stiched and he said yes... obviously there are no shoulder logo's so it may be difficult to actually tell the difference this time.

Is that the womens cut? :blink: I have not bought any of these "new fit" jerseys. strictly old school in the closet.
I'm pretty sure that's only on the replicas. If you notice the picture for the authentics, it still says "XL" on the tag, which is a replica size (authentic sizes are 48, 52, ...)

That picture is of the men's authentic jersey posted on shop.nhl.com.

That tag just looks awful in the middle of the gold stripe on the waistband.

They use the same picture for the basic jersey and the authentic. Notice the XL on the tag, rather than the size.

Maybe so, but I'm not really concerned about whether it says XL or 52. I'm more concerned about whether there is a giant tag in the middle of the gold stripe, because that looks awful.

Maybe so, but I'm not really concerned about whether it says XL or 52. I'm more concerned about whether there is a giant tag in the middle of the gold stripe, because that looks awful.

Careful use of a seam ripper will take care of that. Ask your wife.....

I was in Cleveland this weekend going 5 percent over budget on our new home. I fully understand your recent comment on the signals that give a green arrow even if nobody's there! Aaaggghhh!!!

Careful use of a seam ripper will take care of that. Ask your wife.....

I was in Cleveland this weekend going 5 percent over budget on our new home. I fully understand your recent comment on the signals that give a green arrow even if nobody's there! Aaaggghhh!!!

Frustrating as heck, ain't it? Late Friday night, coming home from a HS football game, I got stuck sitting at two lights less than a mile from my home. At midnight I had to sit and wait for "my turn" as the only car at each intersection... :wallbash:

As I implied and d4rksabre said, they used the wrong picture. The Reebok Premier replicas have always had the tag, while the authentic Edge jerseys have not. Compare the home authentic to the home replica. No matter the brand, though, authentics are supposed to be exactly what the players wear, so it's not on the players' jerseys, then it won't be on an authentic. That's why I stick to authentics.

As I implied and d4rksabre said, they used the wrong picture. The Reebok Premier replicas have always had the tag, while the authentic Edge jerseys have not. Compare the home authentic to the home replica. No matter the brand, though, authentics are supposed to be exactly what the players wear, so it's not on the players' jerseys, then it won't be on an authentic. That's why I stick to authentics.

Now I see what you're saying. I wasn't clear on the difference between the Rbk replicas and the authentics, because every jersey I own is a CCM replica, and none have those tags on the front. Are these tags (and the silk-screened shoulder logos) the league and Rbk's way of making sure everyone knows that you bought the replica and couldn't afford the authentic?

Frustrating as heck, ain't it? Late Friday night, coming home from a HS football game, I got stuck sitting at two lights less than a mile from my home. At midnight I had to sit and wait for "my turn" as the only car at each intersection... :wallbash:

Cleveland isn't the only town that happens in. Try Charlottesville, VA for one.

Second, you could repeat this post for this week's Complaint Thursdays.

Cleveland isn't the only town that happens in. Try Charlottesville, VA for one.

Second, you could repeat this post for this week's Complaint Thursdays.

Been there, done that. That's where DC...err BuffalOhio saw my original complaint. ;)

Did you get to handle them at the arena or are you basing that on the slug replicas?

I only by authentics because I'm a bit of a jersey snob. The scary thing, though, is that is almost exactly what my Roy game-worn (COA and photo-matched) preseason 2002 black goat head jersey cost me. I know that I can't wear that, as opposed to one of these, but still ...

I did not handle the replica - he just told me to look at the slug. those felt VERY cheap. Another thing I noticed is that the logo on the chest (even on the authentic) looked more like an iron on than a patch. I know it is not but still...very flimsy

Archived