[OT] USA Swim Team

Guest Sloth

The Sabres should trade Afinogenov, Sekera, and a pick for Bouwmeester and Phelps.

If only hockey was played on unfrozen water and not ice. Lets start a petition to defrost the ice!

Phelps continues his amazing streak, going 6 for 6 for 6. 6 golds in 6 races all resulting in new world records.

Lochte ended up with the bronze for the US. I have to wonder how he would have done if he hadn't also swum in the 200m backstroke about half an hour earlier.

Phelps continues his amazing streak, going 6 for 6 for 6. 6 golds in 6 races all resulting in new world records.

Lochte ended up with the bronze for the US. I have to wonder how he would have done if he hadn't also swum in the 200m backstroke about half an hour earlier.

yeah thats true.

So far so good for USA. Today has been a great day. 4 golds already. Hope they keep it up while the country sleeps. Gotta catch up to those crazy Chinese.

yeah thats true.

So far so good for USA. Today has been a great day. 4 golds already. Hope they keep it up while the country sleeps. Gotta catch up to those crazy Chinese.

Track and field is coming up. Our country has always kicked butt in the sprints and we also do well in field events. We just cannot keep up w/ the Ethiopians, Moroccons, and Kenyans in the distance events.

Last year we went 1-3 in the 400 meter.

It turned out to be not a fair fight. As soon as I saw Lochte swim for gold, I knew he wouldn't challenge in the next race. And for what's its worth, it didn't look like Phelps was a lock going into the turn, but man can that guy turn it on.

It turned out to be not a fair fight. As soon as I saw Lochte swim for gold, I knew he wouldn't challenge in the next race. And for what's its worth, it didn't look like Phelps was a lock going into the turn, but man can that guy turn it on.

You also have to wonder if Phelps was trying to conserve energy in the first couple laps, so he didn't race out to a big lead right off the bat.

Track and field is coming up. Our country has always kicked butt in the sprints and we also do well in field events. We just cannot keep up w/ the Ethiopians, Moroccons, and Kenyans in the distance events.

Last year we went 1-3 in the 400 meter.

Track and Field is going to be the highlight of these Olympics, despite all the success Phelps is having. Gay vs. Powell vs. Bolt. It's going to be incredible.

Track and Field is going to be the highlight of these Olympics, despite all the success Phelps is having. Gay vs. Powell vs. Bolt. It's going to be incredible.

Hey you forgot about men's soccer....oh yeah... never mind... Much Adu about nothing...

I love the swimming and beach volleyball, mens and womens.

I stayed up to like 1 am lastnight watching the girls gymnastics. I was never into it but hearing their stories and the 'race' they were in last night was really something to hear and watch. BTW, USA Gold and Silver. The gold medalist is the daughter of two Russians.

I love the swimming and beach volleyball, mens and womens.

I stayed up to like 1 am lastnight watching the girls gymnastics. I was never into it but hearing their stories and the 'race' they were in last night was really something to hear and watch. BTW, USA Gold and Silver. The gold medalist is the daughter of two Russians.

I always watch the women gymnists in the Olympics. It blows my mind every time I see them do their routines on the balance beam and vault. That's just crazy. Johnson took too many steps on her landings. It probably made the difference between first and second.. It did seem like a controversy was going to erupt after they penalized Liukin on what seemed like a Reton-esque routine on the vault.

Gay's out. No 100 meter gold medal for the U.S. this year. :wallbash:

yup. But if you saw him run in the qualifiers few days ago, it was obvious he wasn't going to touch Bolt, Powell or the guy from Trinidad. He strugled since day 1.

Back to Phelps..... 10:55pm tonight, Phelps goes for the unthinkable. Number Eight.

If he was 100% healthy, I could definitely see Gay getting silver.

Archived