[OT] Edwards or the other guy?

Rabbit151

Warning - this thread will probably get DeLuca all riled up.

From everything that's been written or said Edwards is going into camp (and the season) as the starter and no.1. If Jauron has any sense at all Trent will be the starter unless he is physically unable to play - they proved that yanking young QB's in and out of the lineup is a recipe for disaster, so as much as I (or anyone else) believes that JP could still contribute, if they've decided Trent is the guy they need to stick with him through thick and thin.

For the record, I was a JP guy until it was clear he wasn't going to develop here (although I think, regardless of the protestations of the "anyone but JP" crowd, that he could develop into a decent QB under the right system and the right coaching staff) but I am a Bills fan first, player fan second -- so I'll support whomever is behind center come Sep. 7.

Getting ready for a football draft...I have Trent Edwards already.

disclaimer: i'm responding as a fantasy nerd, not a bills fan (which i am).

this is for fantasy football, right? do you have edwards "already" or "all ready"?

if "already," is this a keepers league? otherwise, i can't see having the guy on your roster, since the bills' pass attack is going to be in its first year with a new o-coordinator -- don't look for big things, i say (there's a big-target rookie wr now (hardy), but rookie wr's rarely make a difference) -- you should be able to do better for a #2 qb (lord help you if he's your #1).

if he's "all ready" on your draft board, i suggest eliminating him therefrom.

all that said, edwards is definitely the presumptive starter.

Maybe that could be the standard warning in the "Topic Description" field.

What can I say I'm passionate about our sports teams.

To the topic. Consider Loseman to be like Patrick Lalime. If either gets significant playing time the teams are screwed.

What can I say I'm passionate about our sports teams.

To the topic. Consider Loseman to be like Patrick Lalime. If either gets significant playing time the teams are screwed.

No offense, but while I'm as passionate as anyone about Buffalo sports, I find terms like Loseman disgusting, unwarranted and unnecessary. It adds nothing to the debate, except to incite the passions of those who support him as a member of the Bills.

That stuff might be necessary while dealing with the retard rollercoaster on TSW, but I'd prefer it if those terms stayed there.

/soapbox

No offense, but while I'm as passionate as anyone about Buffalo sports, I find terms like Loseman disgusting, unwarranted and unnecessary. It adds nothing to the debate, except to incite the passions of those who support him as a member of the Bills.

That stuff might be necessary while dealing with the retard rollercoaster on TSW, but I'd prefer it if those terms stayed there.

/soapbox

I find the term extremely accurate but I'll try to respect your delicate sensibilities in the future. :thumbsup:

And doesn't the name Loseman apply to every single member of the Bills over the last 9 years?

Sad but true. Like we said about the 07-08 Sabres - for the better part of the last decade the Bills haven't had a lot of guys who have met or exceeded expectations. They certainly haven't had enough do that....

I find the term extremely accurate but I'll try to respect your delicate sensibilities in the future. :thumbsup:

Thank you. I'm going to go put on my Losman jersey and start cleaning my home, in homage to JP. :thumbsup:

FWIW, it's not a matter of offending my delicate sensibilities. I just find that type of comment to be part and parcel of what one should expect on TSW (especially now in any one of the krazykat threads) and I'd hate to see our discussions start degrading into the poop-flinging pissing contests that many of the TSW threads devolve into...

I like the QB RD Fluthnsonie He's got great raw skills, can avoid the rush, had superior coaching by his father in high school, is very tall yet very short, and most importantly, he just wins baby!! I just hope and pray that he has "it".

I like the QB RD Fluthnsonie He's got great raw skills, can avoid the rush, had superior coaching by his father in high school, is very tall yet very short, and most importantly, he just wins baby!! I just hope and pray that he has "it".

You forgot "chroise."

Sad but true. Like we said about the 07-08 Sabres - for the better part of the last decade the Bills haven't had a lot of guys who have met or exceeded expectations. They certainly haven't had enough do that....

Thank you. I'm going to go put on my Losman jersey and start cleaning my home, in homage to JP. :thumbsup:

FWIW, it's not a matter of offending my delicate sensibilities. I just find that type of comment to be part and parcel of what one should expect on TSW (especially now in any one of the krazykat threads) and I'd hate to see our discussions start degrading into the poop-flinging pissing contests that many of the TSW threads devolve into...

As they say in "the hood" "I'm just clowning dog".

The only intersting part of the TSW is getting their panties in a bunch. When the server went down and I was able to post there I thought A-pus was going to kill himself. Just one little off the cuff post would spiral into page after page of nothingness. It was a beautiful sight to see.

As they say in "the hood" "I'm just clowning dog".

The only intersting part of the TSW is getting their panties in a bunch. When the server went down and I was able to post there I thought A-pus was going to kill himself. Just one little off the cuff post would spiral into page after page of nothingness. It was a beautiful sight to see.

It's all good.

disclaimer: i'm responding as a fantasy nerd, not a bills fan (which i am).

this is for fantasy football, right? do you have edwards "already" or "all ready"?

if "already," is this a keepers league? otherwise, i can't see having the guy on your roster, since the bills' pass attack is going to be in its first year with a new o-coordinator -- don't look for big things, i say (there's a big-target rookie wr now (hardy), but rookie wr's rarely make a difference) -- you should be able to do better for a #2 qb (lord help you if he's your #1).

if he's "all ready" on your draft board, i suggest eliminating him therefrom.

all that said, edwards is definitely the presumptive starter.

hockey fan here first, but it's July, signing AHLers isn't doing it for me. I'm in a keeper league, I have Garrard as my main QB, but we get to keep rookies as bonus players and I snagged Edwards last season, so I get him too. I thought he looked pretty good, and I'm hoping the Bills are gonna start getting back to respectability

hockey fan here first, but it's July, signing AHLers isn't doing it for me. I'm in a keeper league, I have Garrard as my main QB, but we get to keep rookies as bonus players and I snagged Edwards last season, so I get him too. I thought he looked pretty good, and I'm hoping the Bills are gonna start getting back to respectability

Bills and respectability in the same sentence. Amusing..

dude, have you tried the bills board?

That place is a zoo.

Yeah, I was just there lurking. I just can't bring myself to spend any real time there. Talking about the Boy I Love Losing Superbowls (B.I.L.L.S) is just too painful. I like the links to the news articles on TBD, but the TSW looks far too chaotic for my liking.

...Totally irrelevant to the conversation at hand...

what is TSW?

Besides that, I'm a bucs fan, so I can't help you in your debacle. My team might have Favre under center next season. I'm not sure if that's good or not, better than Garcia, though, even though he played better than expected last season.

...Totally irrelevant to the conversation at hand...

what is TSW?

Besides that, I'm a bucs fan, so I can't help you in your debacle. My team might have Favre under center next season. I'm not sure if that's good or not, better than Garcia, though, even though he played better than expected last season.

TSW = The Stadium Wall, SabreSpace's sister site serving Bills fans. You can access the zoo from the drop-down menu in the lower-right section of the screen, under the Two Bills Drive heading.

I really think this is one of the best pages. Irrelevant as it may be, just makes me tingle. GO BUFFALO!!!

Link

That boy, I say that boy has got to be smoking something... 12-4? Not likely.

I really think this is one of the best pages. Irrelevant as it may be, just makes me tingle. GO BUFFALO!!!

Link

lol I like the guys arguing with him, like the author doesn't realize that what he wrote was over the top dreaming. I like the article, it's positive and fun in one of those "it probably wont happen, but there's a chance..." ways. Like the Sabres winning out last season and going all the way to the cup. It wasn't meant to be, but it was fun to imagine them all of a sudden breaking out and winning it all out of nowhere.

Archived