Paille agrees to multi-year deal

BetweenThePipes00

Wait a minute. This wasn't on DR's top ten list of things to do as I posted in another thread earlier this morning! :D

1. Low ball Miller

2. Low ball Pominville

3.Offer Teppo the standard 2.6 mil one year deal

4.Offer Peters another 2 year extension.

5.Change the locks on door and phone number in an attempt to keep Quinny and SPG out of the loop.

6.Bring in the doctor who cleared Connolly the last time and when he gives him a clean bill of health, offer him a 5 year extension at 4 mil per year.

7.Video scout Kryukov and convince yourself that he is still a very good prospect.

8.Convince Lindy that Max will be a new man in 08-09.

9.Break bread with Kevin Lowe and then try to fleece him as pay back for saddling the Sabres with Vanek's contract.

10.We have an AHL team in Portland, but no off-ice staff? When was somebody going to let me know about this! rolleyes.gif

Neither was getting MacArthur and Mancari to accept their qualifying offers, but it happened ...

http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...rticleid=368500

Mancari better raise his game to the next level. Instead of being the "next forward" in line for a call up after MacArthur, he now will have to contend with Gerbe, Kennedy and Gogulla for that spot.

Good deal. One down 3 to go. Let's get it done FO!!

For the summer, I'd say it's: 3 down (Gaustad, Paille, MacArthur) and 2 to go (Pominville and Miller).

(Note: the last two technically don't have to be done during the summer, but we are better off if they are.)

Thank God for Paille!

As for Portland not having a coach, isn't Cunneyworth still under contract with Amerks until 8/1? If so, isn't it possible that he is being allowed to try to land an NHL job with an unofficial agreement with the Sabres that if he doesn't find one, he's their man in Portland? Not something either side could comment on due to tampering I suspect. But... Not sure if this was already discussed--sorry if so.

Thank God for Paille!

As for Portland not having a coach, isn't Cunneyworth still under contract with Amerks until 8/1? If so, isn't it possible that he is being allowed to try to land an NHL job with an unofficial agreement with the Sabres that if he doesn't find one, he's their man in Portland? Not something either side could comment on due to tampering I suspect. But... Not sure if this was already discussed--sorry if so.

see here:

http://forums.sabrespace.com/index.php?showtopic=13090

and here:

http://forums.sabrespace.com/index.php?showtopic=13065

Thank God for Paille!

He's under contract with the Sabres until August 1st. He has already been given permission by the Sabres to talk with Florida about staying in Rochester to coach the Amerks. In other words, it doesn't sound like he will be their guy in Portland, although I think it has more to do with him not wanting to leave the place he has lived in for 20 years then Buffalo not really wanting him

He's under contract with the Sabres until August 1st. He has already been given permission by the Sabres to talk with Florida about staying in Rochester to coach the Amerks. In other words, it doesn't sound like he will be their guy in Portland, although I think it has more to do with him not wanting to leave the place he has lived in for 20 years then Buffalo not really wanting him

Yeah, its kind of a classy move by Buffalo. Although it may come back to bite them, but showing class like that is something that may attract future coaches and players to Buffalo.

What were their qualifying offers? I don't recall. Hope they are working on Miller and Pominville. Perhaps silence is a sign that things are getting done quietly and only a signing announcement will be the only sign of progress. Or, nothing is getting done on those fronts.

What were their qualifying offers? I don't recall. Hope they are working on Miller and Pominville. Perhaps silence is a sign that things are getting done quietly and only a signing announcement will be the only sign of progress. Or, nothing is getting done on those fronts.

Yup that about covers it ... things are getting done or nothing is getting done ...

Nice to see they are actually working on stuff behind the scenes. I'll wait until the terms are provided before making a final judgment, but Paille is another good two-way forward and I'm excited to see how he plays this year.

carp, come on. love the avatar, but "actually working on stuff behind the scenes"? Why do so many people assume that DR and his staff sit around and eat chips on worn La-Z-Boy recliners (the kind with the levers)? These guys are some of the hardest working guys in the game. I just don't understand the constant belittling of their abilities and efforts in this forum.

For the summer, I'd say it's: 3 down (Gaustad, Paille, MacArthur) and 2 to go (Pominville and Miller).

(Note: the last two technically don't have to be done during the summer, but we are better off if they are.)

All other moves or signings are meaningless unless Miller and Pominville have new contracts before the season starts.

Archived