NHL schedule release ... any idea?

BetweenThePipes00

Anyone heard when they are releasing the schedule? All I can find or remember hearing is "mid-July" ... last year it was released July 11, but I have not even heard a peep lately ...

Sorry for the lame topic ... I guess they can't all lead to photos of, um, LARGE women posing on the hoods of cars ...

"Though the regular season schedule won't be released until Wednesday, Wings officials confirmed they'll open the season at home against the Toronto Maple Leafs Oct. 9." Windsor Star 10 Jul 2008

That makes it 15 July 2008

Nice! Thanks, WJAG (which I always thought was WJAQ, by the way) ...

We'll be in Buffalo mid-December for a pseudo-Christmas trip, so I am hoping the schedule cooperates, I haven't been to a game at HSBC in too long.

I knew you were Tim Connolly. :lol:

"Though the regular season schedule won't be released until Wednesday, Wings officials confirmed they'll open the season at home against the Toronto Maple Leafs Oct. 9." Windsor Star 10 Jul 2008

That would actually be the 16th...but great news nevertheless, can't wait to see it. :thumbsup:

That would actually be the 16th...but great news nevertheless, can't wait to see it. :thumbsup:

:doh: I should have never skipped that day of Kindergarten when they taught us how to read a calendar.

I think I saw somewhere we play a pre-season game VS the Wings on Oct 5, 5pm.

WGR expects to get few details, such as big games and opener as early as tomorrow though.

Got an email from WGR's LockerRoom Club saying the same thing.

Anyone who uses Gmail knows about the "Web Clips" that run at the top of each message - this was the one that ran above the WGR Sabres' schedule.

DarcyRegierSucks.com - www.darcyregiersucks.com - Post comments on Buffalo Sabres General Manager & Buy Products!

WGR550 has learned that Buffalo will open up their 2008-09 campaign at the H.S.B.C. Arena against Montreal on Friday, October 10th. WGR 550 has also learned that the Sabres three "at large" Western Conference opponents will be Detroit, Anaheim and Phoenix. The Sabres will play these three opponents both home and away.

WGR550 has learned that Buffalo will open up their 2008-09 campaign at the H.S.B.C. Arena against Montreal on Friday, October 10th. WGR 550 has also learned that the Sabres three "at large" Western Conference opponents will be Detroit, Anaheim and Phoenix. The Sabres will play these three opponents both home and away.

Well at least we don't have extra games against the last two Stanley Cup Champions :blink: ... could have done without that.

wow, one of my guesses finally turns out right! lol

Simplicity? What could be simpler than picking out of a hat? That's probably what they used. I swear I have been in more organized Wiffle Ball leagues.

Seriously, 3 games should not tilt the balance of power too much, but if you are a team fighting for that 8th spot it could be a factor ... Who knows, there MIGHT be a real reason, like the Sabres were already going to L.A. and they didn't want it to be a wasted trip so they added ANA and PHX ... or vice versa, ANA was scheduled to be at PIT and TOR or something ...

Simplicity? What could be simpler than picking out of a hat? That's probably what they used. I swear I have been in more organized Wiffle Ball leagues.

Seriously, 3 games should not tilt the balance of power too much, but if you are a team fighting for that 8th spot it could be a factor ... Who knows, there MIGHT be a real reason, like the Sabres were already going to L.A. and they didn't want it to be a wasted trip so they added ANA and PHX ... or vice versa, ANA was scheduled to be at PIT and TOR or something ...

I could understand it was one team from each division, but Phoenix and the Ducks are in the same division. I won't even pretend to think that I have any experience the the difficulties of scheduling 30 82 game seasons, but you'd think that every litte bit of structure goes a long way.

I could understand it was one team from each division, but Phoenix and the Ducks are in the same division. I won't even pretend to think that I have any experience the the difficulties of scheduling 30 82 game seasons, but you'd think that every litte bit of structure goes a long way.

I've always found that with large equations, the less pre-determined variables the better.

I've always found that with large equations, the less pre-determined variables the better.

I love the structure of the NFL season. The second one year ends, you know exactly who you play the next. And it just makes sense to have it based on the previous year's standings. But then again, it is a hell of a lot easier to schedule 16 games.

I love the structure of the NFL season. The second one year ends, you know exactly who you play the next. And it just makes sense to have it based on the previous year's standings. But then again, it is a hell of a lot easier to schedule 16 games.

Especially when the NFL team is pretty much the only tenent for most stadiums.

I can almost picture how the meeting goes: "You want us to host a game the 3rd weekend in September? OK, the stadium is free that weekend, and the one after that, and the one after that, and the one after that, and the ...; but we'll have to get back to you on that January date, I think a hockey team wants to use it." ;)

Especially when the NFL team is pretty much the only tenent for most stadiums.

I can almost picture how the meeting goes: "You want us to host a game the 3rd weekend in September? OK, the stadium is free that weekend, and the one after that, and the one after that, and the one after that, and the ...; but we'll have to get back to you on that January date, I think a hockey team wants to use it." ;)

:lol:

I cannot imagine the headaches and BS the MLB schedule makers have to go through.

Archived