$2.3 for Gaustad

tom webster

Thanks! ;)

Just trying to do keep up the high quality of chat.

I like this place more when it's retards like me just farting around and not all this doom and gloom about the Sabres. More dick jokes, less dickheads...

It is good that you don't care about how much players are being paid, but there is this little thing called a salary cap and another called the Sabres payroll budget. For each player that is overpaid, there is that much less for the players who could be brought in via trade or FA or for other current players that are underpaid.

My point is it's not my job to worry about players salaries. I understand the cap and budgets, but who are we to say who is overpaid or not. It all depends on the market and if that is what it took to sign Gaustad, fine. But I don't care what they are paid. Just get them signed and put a good team on the ice.

Anyone else notice how Goose gets 800k less his first year and at the same time Vanek get 1.6 mill more next year?

Vanek 2008- 8 mill then 2009 6.4 mil

Goose 2008 -1.7 then 2009 2.5 mill

leaves a little (800k) room this year, just saying somebodies thinking out there.

That is high. Looks like they're ready to play ball though

Sabres FO overspending on depth players is nothing new.

Kotalik is another prime example.

I hope you're right, but I've seen this team throw money at fringe players and penny pinch with their stars far too many times.

Is it still considered too high for Gaustad when Backes (31 points last season) just signed an offer sheet worth $2.5 million a year? Goose scored more, plays more minutes, takes big draws already, kills penalties ... The market says he is not overpaid at $2.3 million a year.

Like I've said - it only takes one GM to overpay and blow the market.

I this case, I think that GM was Jacques "Sure, $3.25 million a year for Olesz sounds good" Martin.

Probably so...just need one idiot to get the retard rollercoaster rollin' down the track...

I like this signing.

He's an integral part of the work ethic on our team; we want him around. He's getting better, and his utilitarian two-way game is absolutely useful. I might even say he may be a Mike Peca in the making. He's also a fan favorite.

I'll enjoy four more years of Gaustad, and I'm agreeable with $2.5/year.

I like this signing.

He's an integral part of the work ethic on our team; we want him around. He's getting better, and his utilitarian two-way game is absolutely useful. I might even say he may be a Mike Peca in the making. He's also a fan favorite.

I'll enjoy four more years of Gaustad, and I'm agreeable with $2.5/year.

Personally, Gaustad got the money that Peca should have accepted back in 2001. Regier would not budge beyond $2.5 million/season when Peca wanted $4 million/season. Gaustad is now what Peca was back in 2001. If Lindy gave Gaustad the opportunity to match up against top lines every night, he will prove his value. Also, this signing proves to me that Darcy was right all along and that a 3rd line center still is not worth more than $2.5 million/year. Wasn't worth it in 2001 and isn't worth more than that in 2008. Funny how things work out that way. I've been a big critic of Darcy's but I will always stand by what he did during the Peca negotiation in 2001. All it did was prove that Hasek carried the team and that the Sabres were just fine without him.

I'm wondering what happened to Gaustad the warrior?? Check out his penalty minute totals in juniors and the AHL and then look at those same numbers with the Sabres.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?page=PlayerDeta...ge&tab=crst

Don't forget what got you here Goose!

I am gonna say it... Here goes... It is Lindy!

He must let these guys hit when THEY want to!

On another note... I didn't realize how big Goose is!

Personally, Gaustad got the money that Peca should have accepted back in 2001. Regier would not budge beyond $2.5 million/season when Peca wanted $4 million/season. Gaustad is now what Peca was back in 2001. If Lindy gave Gaustad the opportunity to match up against top lines every night, he will prove his value. Also, this signing proves to me that Darcy was right all along and that a 3rd line center still is not worth more than $2.5 million/year. Wasn't worth it in 2001 and isn't worth more than that in 2008. Funny how things work out that way. I've been a big critic of Darcy's but I will always stand by what he did during the Peca negotiation in 2001. All it did was prove that Hasek carried the team and that the Sabres were just fine without him.

No way Gaustad is now what Peca was in 00/01.

Peca went on to score 60+ with the Isles, let's see if Goose can match that before we jump to conclusions.

I like Gaustad, but until he starts developing a mean streak to go along with that size of his, I see him as a solid defensive center, who's nothing out of the ordinary.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him put someone on his ass when they're taking liberties with Miller, but Goose usually stands around doing nothing when that happens, just like everyone else.

Is this team so starved for physical players that we're ready to put Goose at the same level as Peca at the very top of his career?

Let's get real for a second.

Archived