Ducks officially out, Sabres in?

spndnchz

It's a love it or hate it type jersey. When it went up over at NHL Tournement of logos, the comments were ... well, see for your self.

(Original post)

I feel like I'm reading the ramblings of a bunch of middle schoolers when I read some of those comments. I know it came up in another thread earlier in the week, but all that internet/text speak is mind-boggling. But anyway, I bet if you could somehow check into the reactions a bit more, you'd see a pretty significant age gap. It just looks like the kind of jersey that the traditionalists would be all over. Its definitely a unique thought and I applaud the effort, but I don't ever want to see anything like that in the NHL.

I feel like I'm reading the ramblings of a bunch of middle schoolers when I read some of those comments. I know it came up in another thread earlier in the week, but all that internet/text speak is mind-boggling. But anyway, I bet if you could somehow check into the reactions a bit more, you'd see a pretty significant age gap. It just looks like the kind of jersey that the traditionalists would be all over. Its definitely a unique thought and I applaud the effort, but I don't ever want to see anything like that in the NHL.

No offense Carp, but I agree 100% with Shrader.

No offense Carp, but I agree 100% with Shrader.

None taken. I wouldn't want to see our primary jerseys like that -- I'm as much of a traditionalist as anyone where those are concerned -- but I wouldn't mind seeing those as a third jersey (they're supposed to be "different") or maybe just worn during one game, then auctioned for charity. As I said in the blog, I just have this picture of a center moving slowly up to a face-off. With his arms down and out holding his stick, the horns would curl down around the buffalo's face like a real one. It just seems like it would be cool to see. Oh well, to each their own.

And Shrader, I agree that those bloggers sounded young. There were a few posters here that really liked it in the original thread, but I don't know their ages.

It was part of a whole line of CHL (Comics Hockey League) jersey set I did for another website. If there were intrest, I'd post them here on ss.com, but I won't hijack this thread.

New thread please? That jersey set sounds like it's full of awesome!

None taken. I wouldn't want to see our primary jerseys like that -- I'm as much of a traditionalist as anyone where those are concerned -- but I wouldn't mind seeing those as a third jersey (they're supposed to be "different") or maybe just worn during one game, then auctioned for charity. As I said in the blog, I just have this picture of a center moving slowly up to a face-off. With his arms down and out holding his stick, the horns would curl down around the buffalo's face like a real one. It just seems like it would be cool to see. Oh well, to each their own.

And Shrader, I agree that those bloggers sounded young. There were a few posters here that really liked it in the original thread, but I don't know their ages.

You need to work gold into it somehow.

Guest Sloth
While doing google searches with "hockey" and "pdf" I came across this:

Portland Pirates Hockey 501

Are they in Portland, Maine or somewhere in the Carolinas? :chris:

I don't know if people away from the big cities in the Carolinas could understand any of the definitions of words used in hockey. :chris:

Yeah, I just came back to post that. Nice catch. I wonder if they timed that to change at 1:00 pm.

I was looking at it about 10 to 1 and they had already started changing some of the stuff that wasn't on the home page. They just updated the homepage at about 5 after.

I have a question about this affiliation change

Do all the players and coaches move over to Portland Maine now, or do just the players? Are all the players that are going to play for Portland have to be part of the Sabres or are there players who jusat play in the AHL and have no NHL ties?

I don't follow the minor league stuff much and am not sure how this works now.

Also, are the Sabres the owners (or part owners) of the team or is it a different owner who just provides the young potential Sabres a place to play?

Some answers here for apus:

Well the word out of Florida is they are committed to 5 veterans(2F 2D 1G), so I will include them on this list.

Forwards: Veteran, Veteran, Matthias, Frolik, Repik, Stewart, Meyer, Glass, McArdle, Duco, Collins, Brine, Sweetland, Calla

Defense: Veteran, Veteran, Ellerby, Caruso, Aston, MacDonald, Beaverson, Garrison

Goalies: Veteran, Plante, Shantz

Those owned by Sabres go to Portland, while those owned by Florida stay with the Amerks. Coaching staff is (I believe) also provided by the parent organizations, so our guys will go to Portland.

I have a question about this affiliation change

Do all the players and coaches move over to Portland Maine now, or do just the players? Are all the players that are going to play for Portland have to be part of the Sabres or are there players who jusat play in the AHL and have no NHL ties?

I don't follow the minor league stuff much and am not sure how this works now.

Also, are the Sabres the owners (or part owners) of the team or is it a different owner who just provides the young potential Sabres a place to play?

Typically the parent club provides the coaching staff. Any coaches the Sabres have under contract would move to Portland. IIRC, Cunneyworth's deal is up, so if he wants to stay in the Sabres' org he will move to Portland; if he wants to stay in Ra-cha-cha, he'll sign w/ FLA; or he might try to land an NHL assistant job somewhere.

The :chris: 's beat writer could say w/ more certainty, but I believe the Sabres will stock all the players. If not, a player signed by the :chris: s could be called up to the NHL by the Sabres but not positive of the mechanism of how he signs with them / counts against the cap.

TG will not be the owner of the :chris: s.

post-1534-1213149333_thumbjpg

Pirates and Sabres join forces

Portland, ME ? After close to six months of speculation and rumors, the worst kept secret in the AHL was finally revealed today as the Portland Pirates announced a multi-year affiliation agreement with the Buffalo Sabres.

For the last three seasons, the Pirates were the affiliate of the Anaheim Ducks, but after being informed by Ducks management that they intended to explore options that were closer to California, instead of signing an agreement to extend the deal, completing the original five-year affiliation agreement.

Pirates? Managing Owner/CEO Brian Petrovek wasted little time in looking for another dance partner.

Link>>>>

Archived