Ducks officially out, Sabres in?

spndnchz

And now for the dumb blonde question....

What happens to Amerks? Do they pick up just the Sabres players and move to Portland intact plus the recent signings? Do all of the Pirates move?

Can someone talk me through this?

Flame on.

What are the Amerks going to look like? Info seems pretty paltry. (not a loaded question, I really am curious how you see their roster taking shape).

Well the word out of Florida is they are committed to 5 veterans(2F 2D 1G), so I will include them on this list.

Forwards: Veteran, Veteran, Matthias, Frolik, Repik, Stewart, Meyer, Glass, McArdle, Duco, Collins, Brine, Sweetland, Calla

Defense: Veteran, Veteran, Ellerby, Caruso, Aston, MacDonald, Beaverson, Garrison

Goalies: Veteran, Plante, Shantz

And now for the dumb blonde question....

What happens to Amerks? Do they pick up just the Sabres players and move to Portland intact plus the recent signings? Do all of the Pirates move?

Can someone talk me through this?

Flame on.

Those owned by Sabres go to Portland, while those owned by Florida stay with the Amerks. Coaching staff is (I believe) also provided by the parent organizations, so our guys will go to Portland.

Agree. Donner, Quinny, Golly and whoever else played a role in the demise of this relationship, should be given a swift kick in the ass.

I admit I don't know all the details. From what I have read the blame seems to fall squarely on Donner. I am wondering what the Sabres could have done differently?

My uniform concept:

post-733-1212601180_thumbpng

I just threw this together quickly. I'll work on it more if I get some more time.

You gotz some skillz there, weasel.

I love your avatar. I wish the Sabres/NHL had hired you instead of Reebok to design the Sabres logo.

While I've softened to the slug, I still can't fathom why the logo has always been buffalo centric and not the more logical sabres. I think every other NHL team's logo is based on their name, not their location. Why not us?

Did the Slug Lobby exert their influence or something?

Salt 'em.

Excellent work! Will go nicely when the Sabres adopt my recent jersey concepts. :thumbsup:

...continued from my response to Weasel...

Or was it you that had put together those sabre unis back before the slug was revealed?

You both are very good. In fact, carp, your avatar has so much old school appeal, that would be the first hat that I'd buy. If only you could legally make those hats - I'd buy a dozen.

Wake up, Reebok. You suck at logos.

Or was it you that had put together those sabre unis back before the slug was revealed?

You both are very good. In fact, carp, your avatar has so much old school appeal, that would be the first hat that I'd buy. If only you could legally make those hats - I'd buy a dozen.

Thanks. I've made a lot of designs, but all since the slug came out. John Slabyk was the one who made designs before the Slug. These were my most recent Sabres designs:

post-1053-1212603181_thumbjpg

Third jersey:

post-1053-1212603213_thumbjpg

I seriously hope this is the Pirates' pre game song:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I don't see why Portland should do anything with their jerseys. Did Rochester ever have anything in their uniforms at any point that acknowledged their affiliation? Obviously they were never going to do a color change, but I don't remember ever seeing any kind of shoulder patch either.

It is entertaining seeing the jersey ideas thrown around though. I do have to comment on one though (not a Pirates one). No offense Carp, but that buffalo head jersey is pretty bad. We're talking never worn St. Louis Blues 3rd jersey ugly here.

Seriously, you two. You should put your best Pirate concepts together ( love that skull/sabres one) and send them to the Sabres. You never know what might come of it.

Probably this:

Quinn will steal the designs and try to copyright/trademark them to go with his blue ice and hulking nets ideas. Screamin' will lose his mind and storm the offices at One SK III Way, roaming the halls armed with a roll of duct tape, a large burlap bag and a bottle of chloroform. When he finds Quinny's office Screamin' knocks him out with the chloroform, duct tapes his hands, feet and mouth, and stuffs him in the bag - in full view of the office staff, who offer to help carry Quinn out to carpandean's waiting vehicle. They toss him in the trunk and drive him two blocks away to The Aud, where they leave him chained to a radiator in the dark. When the police arrive at HSBC Arena the staffers stonewall the Buffalo Police (which apparently isn't that hard to do: see Lynch, Marshawn) and no one (outside Screamin' and carp) knows what happened to Quinn until workers find hand-written notes detailing plans for a new Sabres' front office structure -- one with Quinn as president, gm and player-coach -- in the rubble of the demolished old building.

I don't see why Portland should do anything with their jerseys. Did Rochester ever have anything in their uniforms at any point that acknowledged their affiliation? Obviously they were never going to do a color change, but I don't remember ever seeing any kind of shoulder patch either.

It is entertaining seeing the jersey ideas thrown around though. I do have to comment on one though (not a Pirates one). No offense Carp, but that buffalo head jersey is pretty bad. We're talking never worn St. Louis Blues 3rd jersey ugly here.

Aw cmon man, it's so bad it's good! I don't think I could dislike it at all because it's so out there, I'd just laugh every time they wore it.

Guest Sloth
Here is the best worst jersey idea ever. To help make the game of hockey be more appealing to a different group of people. Change the name of the Sabres to the Buffalo Light Sabres.

WITH A JERSEY TO MATCH!!!

post-1428-1212606678_thumbjpg

Maybe they could do a Lord of the Sabres jersey. Wouldn't you guys love to have Frodo as the logan?

Maybe they could do a Lord of the Sabres jersey. Wouldn't you guys love to have Frodo as the logan?

Not sure about that. All I know is if they did have a star wars, star trek or lord of the rings based team in the league, dollars would be flying into the nhl from people buying the jerseys.

Now we just need to sign that Skywalker kid and we'll be tucking hundred under our pillows at night.

The Middle Earth Roamers?

maybe?

Probably this:

Quinn will steal the designs and try to copyright/trademark them to go with his blue ice and hulking nets ideas. Screamin' will lose his mind and storm the offices at One SK III Way, roaming the halls armed with a roll of duct tape, a large burlap bag and a bottle of chloroform. When he finds Quinny's office Screamin' knocks him out with the chloroform, duct tapes his hands, feet and mouth, and stuffs him in the bag - in full view of the office staff, who offer to help carry Quinn out to carpandean's waiting vehicle. They toss him in the trunk and drive him two blocks away to The Aud, where they leave him chained to a radiator in the dark. When the police arrive at HSBC Arena the staffers stonewall the Buffalo Police (which apparently isn't that hard to do: see Lynch, Marshawn) and no one (outside Screamin' and carp) knows what happened to Quinn until workers find hand-written notes detailing plans for a new Sabres' front office structure -- one with Quinn as president, gm and player-coach -- in the rubble of the demolished old building.

Aww, now you blabbed it for the world!

As for Shrader's question, I doubt they will do anything but lose the "DUCKS" logo from the shoulders, but I am enjoying playing with concepts. And since a cutlass and a sabre are similiar, I am having fun with the connection that could be used there.

Anyhow, I revamped my idea and came up with these:

post-733-1212612260_thumbpng

post-733-1212612279_thumbpng

They are kinda recolors of an idea I made a while back and got good feedback on. Here is the original as I made it:

post-733-1212612432_thumbpng

Archived