Ducks officially out, Sabres in?

spndnchz

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/story.php?id=192021

In a statement issued after Anaheim's announcement, Petrovek reflected on his team's association with the Ducks.

"The Ducks' organization provided our fans and our community with a high-quality product, both on and off the ice," he said.

"We're grateful for that and we wish the Ducks well as they relocate their minor-league player development activities closer to home. The Portland Pirates' brand is better and stronger as a result of our time together."

In its three seasons as an Anaheim affiliate, Portland posted an overall record of 135-76-13-16, a .623 winning percentage.

"We're confident that the bar that's been established over the past three seasons, both on and off the ice, will be challenged in the years ahead as we continue a commitment to championship performance on the ice and in our community," Petrovek's statement read.

In two of the last three years, the Pirates also made deep runs in the Calder Cup playoffs, advancing to Game 7 of the AHL Eastern Conference finals in 2006 and 2008.

Apparently the reason the Ducks moved their top development team to the Midwest was the desire of Anaheim's owners, Henry and Susan Samueli, to have all of the NHL team's minor-league operations closer to its California base.

. :chris:

"We will be announcing on Friday a timetable for our announcement," said Brian Petrovek, the Pirates' managing owner/CEO.

anyone know if the team will get a makeover when the Sabres make it official? I know the Iowa team is getting a new look for the Ducks... mostly because they were the Stars before and still...

They could keep the team name but use more of a sword/sabre logo... that could be cool. Plus I think keeping the team colors similar is always a good idea

maybe at least the colors... something like this...

post-206-1212591841_thumbgif

anyone know if the team will get a makeover when the Sabres make it official? I know the Iowa team is getting a new look for the Ducks... mostly because they were the Stars before and still...

They could keep the team name but use more of a sword/sabre logo... that could be cool. Plus I think keeping the team colors similar is always a good idea

maybe at least the colors... something like this...

Don't give Quinny any ideas. Before you know it they will have some resemblance of the slug on their jerseys. <_<

Agree. Donner, Quinny, Golly and whoever else played a role in the demise of this relationship, should be given a swift kick in the ass.

Agreed, now im not gonna be able to go downtown and watch all the new players that we got. Gonna have to hope that I can watch it online or something. Doubt it though.

Agree. Donner, Quinny, Golly and whoever else played a role in the demise of this relationship, should be given a swift kick in the ass.

Donner is a clueless pr*ck. You watch. Interest in the Amerks is going to get even worse. The ONLY reason I ever gave a damn about the Amerks was their Sabres pipeline. Everyone I know says the same thing.

The Sabres tried, and tried very hard.

Hey Donner: You're an idiot, and this will bite your XXL *ass*

Go Portland.

Donner is a clueless pr*ck. You watch. Interest in the Amerks is going to get even worse. The ONLY reason I ever gave a damn about the Amerks was their Sabres pipeline. Everyone I know says the same thing.

The Sabres tried, and tried very hard.

Hey Donner: You're an idiot, and this will bite your XXL *ass*

Go Portland.

I think this is like putting the Bat-signal in the sky for Amerks6.

Agreed, now im not gonna be able to go downtown and watch all the new players that we got. Gonna have to hope that I can watch it online or something. Doubt it though.

B2TV.com

You can get a season pass to watch the AHL games online. I think its like 1o bucks

I like the Amerks as a team because they are from Rochester. However, I imagine that there are a lot of Amerks "fans" who go to games to watch the future Sabres. Being so closely located Buffalo allowed them to tap some of that market. How much it will hurt them remains to be seen, but it definitely will have some impact.

I like the Amerks as a team because they are from Rochester. However, I imagine that there are a lot of Amerks "fans" who go to games to watch the future Sabres. Being so closely located Buffalo allowed them to tap some of that market. How much it will hurt them remains to be seen, but it definitely will have some impact.

I can already see the pennies being pinched. "Well when we were in Rochester we just had to drive the guy to Buffalo. Now we have to fly them down so we couldn't afford to sign (insert name here)"

I can already see the pennies being pinched. "Well when we were in Rochester we just had to drive the guy to Buffalo. Now we have to fly them down so we couldn't afford to sign (insert name here)"

If anything they were pinching pennies by sharing a farm team. Now they are stocking up a full, legit team again and doing it by signing their top prospects and you still find something to complain about.

If anything they were pinching pennies by sharing a farm team. Now they are stocking up a full, legit team again and doing it by signing their top prospects and you still find something to complain about.

Well if i didn't complain then we would all agree and the thread would close, what fun would that be?

BTW, your wrong! :nana:

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!

I'm not sure what the Pirates will do with their jersey's because they really beleive in the brand and the color scheme....now with that said, I've heard a couple rumors that Portland may change their color scheme and insert blue replacing the black and go with a Red, Blue and Gold color scheme, that's pure speculation and against what the Pirates have said in the past so we'll have to see what their plans are at the presser early next week.

As for the P with the Sabre, the Pirates used to have that as a shoulder patch until the Ducks came in and replaced it with their logo.

Archived