Ducks officially out, Sabres in?

spndnchz

2045199150066586205S600x600Q85.jpg

Pirates and Sabres join forces

Link>>>>

Agreed, nice article. It's going to be nice to have a voice on the farm, keeping us up-to-date on our prospects' progress.

Just an FYI - to post pics you need to upload them to the board, you can't just link to them. When you click "Add Reply" at the bottom you should see a drop-down menu box under the text area that says "Manage Current Attachments" and under that should be a box with "browse" and "upload" to the right. Browse to find your file, click upload, and then use the drop-down "manage current attachments" menu to put the pic into the post.

Agreed, nice article. It's going to be nice to have a voice on the farm, keeping us up-to-date on our prospects' progress.

Just an FYI - to post pics you need to upload them to the board, you can't just link to them. When you click "Add Reply" at the bottom you should see a drop-down menu box under the text area that says "Manage Current Attachments" and under that should be a box with "browse" and "upload" to the right. Browse to find your file, click upload, and then use the drop-down "manage current attachments" menu to put the pic into the post.

WOO HOO!!!!

Thanks for showing me that.... I'm used to using the IMG link.

Thanks for the welcome aboard too!!!!! I'll certainly do my best to keep you up-to-date!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!

Thanks for showing me that.... I'm used to using the IMG link.

Thanks for the welcome aboard too!!!!! I'll certainly do my best to keep you up-to-date!!!!!

No problemo. :thumbsup:

I'm trying to weasel my way into covering some Lake Erie Monsters games next season for the Plain Dealer, but it's tough to get freelance assignments outside of high school fall sports season - they just don't have enough assignments to go around. This year I got a press pass to cover just one, and that was because the Monsters hosted a high school hockey tourney before the Monsters-Phantoms game.

"...Don?t expect, at least for this season, to see the Pirates play anybody from AHL?s Western Conference, which includes the Rochester Americans. Petrovek did indicate that they might explore in the future of have a road trip through New York, playing Syracuse, Rochester, Binghamton and Albany."

So Rochester travels to places like Manitoba, but Portland isn't scheduled to play Rochester or Syracuse? :blink: :blink:

"...Don?t expect, at least for this season, to see the Pirates play anybody from AHL?s Western Conference, which includes the Rochester Americans. Petrovek did indicate that they might explore in the future of have a road trip through New York, playing Syracuse, Rochester, Binghamton and Albany."

So Rochester travels to places like Manitoba, but Portland isn't scheduled to play Rochester or Syracuse? :blink: :blink:

Portland never plays anybody from the Western Conference, mainly because of travel cost.... It's been that way for a couple years. Rochester and Syracuse have no choice because they are stuck in the western conference.

Another reason is the list of opponents for next season has already been approved by the AHL BoG (Board of Governors) so the earliest the Pirates could add Rochester or Syracuse would be in 2009-10.

Portland never plays anybody from the Western Conference, mainly because of travel cost.... It's been that way for a couple years. Rochester and Syracuse have no choice because they are stuck in the western conference.

Another reason is the list of opponents for next season has already been approved by the AHL BoG (Board of Governors) so the earliest the Pirates could add Rochester or Syracuse would be in 2009-10.

So all there opponents are closer proximity than Rochester and Syracuse or it just boils down to what conference they are in and because of that they don't play each other?

So all there opponents are closer proximity than Rochester and Syracuse or it just boils down to what conference they are in and because of that they don't play each other?

I think it's a little of both.

The Pirates will play roughly 58 or their 80 games in the Atlantic Division. The rest will be played in the East Division, which does include a spring trip to Norfolk, which the Pirates have done for as long as Norfolk came into the league.

Normally, during that time is when HS Basketball is taking place at the Civic Center and the arena is booked so the Pirates will play Hershey, Binghamton, WBS, Philly and Norfolk during that span -- about 2 weeks.

Other than that, the Pirates' roadtrips are within the Atlantic Division. They'll travel to the host city the day of the game and then bus back, even on back-to-back games.

The longest trip is about 4 hours by bus, which is either Hartford or Providence.

Everybody else in the division is fairly close, making travel simple and practice plentiful.

Manchester - 90 minutes

Lowell - 2hrs

Worcester - 2 1/2hrs

Springfield - 3hrs

Next season (2009-10), I wouldn't be surprised to see Rochester and Syracuse on the schedule as part of a tour of NY. It may even include a home game for the Pirates, where they play @ HSBC Arena.

I think it's a little of both.

The Pirates will play roughly 58 or their 80 games in the Atlantic Division. The rest will be played in the East Division, which does include a spring trip to Norfolk, which the Pirates have done for as long as Norfolk came into the league.

Normally, during that time is when HS Basketball is taking place at the Civic Center and the arena is booked so the Pirates will play Hershey, Binghamton, WBS, Philly and Norfolk during that span -- about 2 weeks.

Other than that, the Pirates' roadtrips are within the Atlantic Division. They'll travel to the host city the day of the game and then bus back, even on back-to-back games.

The longest trip is about 4 hours by bus, which is either Hartford or Providence.

Everybody else in the division is fairly close, making travel simple and practice plentiful.

Manchester - 90 minutes

Lowell - 2hrs

Worcester - 2 1/2hrs

Springfield - 3hrs

Next season (2009-10), I wouldn't be surprised to see Rochester and Syracuse on the schedule as part of a tour of NY. It may even include a home game for the Pirates, where they play @ HSBC Arena.

Thanks for the info!! I was just hoping to catch a game in either Rochester, Syracuse or Hamilton this season. Maybe next year!

Unless we meet them in the Calder Cup!!!

Don?t expect, at least for this season, to see the Pirates play anybody from AHL?s Western Conference, which includes the Rochester Americans. Petrovek did indicate that they might explore in the future of have a road trip through New York, playing Syracuse, Rochester, Binghamton and Albany.

:( They aren't going to play San Antonio like Rochester did.

This makes me a sad bear.

Unless we meet them in the Calder Cup!!!

(In my best Jim Mora voice)

Calder Cup? We're talking about the Calder Cup? What - Calder Cup? According to some we should just mail in the AHL season right now, since we have no idea how to be a proper parent club and flat-out refuse to supply around a half-dozen or so AHL vets to ensure the AHL team's chances for success (at the expense of developing our own prospects.)

(In my best Jim Mora voice)

Calder Cup? We're talking about the Calder Cup? What - Calder Cup? According to some we should just mail in the AHL season right now, since we have no idea how to be a proper parent club and flat-out refuse to supply around a half-dozen or so AHL vets to ensure the AHL team's chances for success (at the expense of developing our own prospects.)

Shouldn't that be your Iverson voice?

Shouldn't that be your Iverson voice?

Nah, that's the "practice" speech.

doesn't matter what voice he uses. THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!! WE LET 'EM OFF THE HOOK!!

:thumbsup:

Yeah, I know. I never realized how similar those 2 were until my most recent youtube search. All I ever remember of the Mora one is always cut off right at "PLAYOFFS?".

Yeah, it's like they had the same speech writer.

The only YouTube clips I've found have Mora cutting off after "are you kidding me? Playoffs? Playoffs?"

Archived