Western Conference Finals Game Discussion Thread

Bmwolf21

Interestingly enough, Detroit and Pittsburgh, the two teams up 3-0, are the only two NHL teams to lose after being up 3-0. To add to that, the last time was 33 years ago, and the other was 33 years before that. Things that make you go hmmmm.

On another note, if Dallas doesn't gain a lead at all this game, it'll be the first time since 2000 that an NHL team never even held a lead at all in a playoff series.

When is Versus going to learn that NOONE...not a single person anywhere wants to watch an interview during a game. Especially a playoff game. I don't care if Jesus is in the building and they want to interview him. I want to see the game. And chances are that if Jesus was in the building, he'd rather be watching the game than doing the interview as well.

When is Versus going to learn that NOONE...not a single person anywhere wants to watch an interview during a game. Especially a playoff game. I don't care if Jesus is in the building and they want to interview him. I want to see the game. And chances are that if Jesus was in the building, he'd rather be watching the game than doing the interview as well.

Versus has been doing that crap for two seasons now, and they are showing no signs of stopping. Their game production absolutely sucks and hasn't gotten much better from when they started carrying the NHL...

Well said, SwampD!

I'm not a big fan of Mike Emrick calling a game either. I like the CBC guys better.

To put it bluntly, Jesus would actually be ministering to the people like He did in the Gospels - and that includes telly presenters.

Put away the brooms, Red Wings' fans.

One of my online buddies is a Stars fan. I'm sure he has to be elated.

On a sidenote, he hasn't rubbed in 1999, and I haven't said "No Goal" to him.

Tonights win for Dallas was very exciting to watch right down to the end. Anyone who says western conference hockey is boring definitely would change their mind tonight. Very exciting game.

Now if Philly can win tomorrow we'll have some actual playoff hockey to watch!

That was the best tie playoff game I've ever seen. They disallowed the first Detroit goal because Holmstrom violated the restraining order on Turco and didn't stay 200 yards away. They disallowed a goal inthe third because of a quick whistle. Turco had the puck kind of corralled as he slid back into the net and dragged it in with him; the one camera angle showed it conclusively. So yeah, a very exciting 3-3 game.

It gives the Dallas folks something to feel good about but don't expect much in Game 5; Detroit will close it out.

Tonights win for Dallas was very exciting to watch right down to the end. Anyone who says western conference hockey is boring definitely would change their mind tonight. Very exciting game.

Now if Philly can win tomorrow we'll have some actual playoff hockey to watch!

Pffft. I want Philly swept.

Pffft. I want Philly swept.

lol as much as I would have wanted them swept, I'm also dying for some good playoff hockey.

I did feel a little dirty rooting for them last night though. I had to take two showers after the game.

lol as much as I would have wanted them swept, I'm also dying for some good playoff hockey.

I did feel a little dirty rooting for them last night though. I had to take two showers after the game.

There's a whole lot of difference between wanting them to win game 4 when they are down 0-3 and wanting the same should it reach game 7. I like watching hockey and there are between 6 and 13 games left in this season. I'll take a win or two buy the teams that I am against for the sake of extending the season a little bit. That said, I won't lose any sleep if the Flyers lose Sunday. I just hope that, if it does end up being the Penguins and the Red Wings, the finals go to game seven.

I knew Dallas was a better team than we saw earlier in the series. Game 6 should be interesting

I hope Zetterburg's foot is in the crease when he scores the game winner.

yes i'm bitter.

I hope Zetterburg's foot is in the crease when he scores the game winner.

yes i'm bitter.

Hull would miss it because he's too busy stuffing his face up in the pressbox. Every shot they've had of him was like that.

That's all for Dallas.

The Stanley Cup Finals, featuring the Detroit Red Wings and Pittsburgh Penguins - Coming Soon to an obscure cable network near you!

That's all for Dallas.

The Stanley Cup Finals, featuring the Detroit Red Wings and Pittsburgh Penguins - Coming Soon to an obscure cable network near you!

Sad, isn't it? The finals should generate some darn good hockey and only 33% (or whatever the low number is) of the country will see it.

At the very least, NBC's ratings should be up from last year. :rolleyes:

That's all for Dallas.

I could say something really vicious at Dallas' expense about not being awarded a title since we-know-when, but we never know who's reading the mail.

Archived