A Inside Look At Derek Roy's House

millbank

Had to listen with the sound off since I'm at work. He has a personal assistant??? Very nice house...I wonder if he had an interior designer help him with funiture and colors and such.

Maybe Sundin's got more than one house and he's selling his investment properties?

Edit: Oh, the second link is his house. Anyone see a bathroom in that tiny little house anywhere?

Since he's single (although I think there's definitely feminine input into some of the decor), he probably doesn't need a huge house. Perhaps he's using the money that he's saving to invest it wisely for the future when he retires?

Since he's single (although I think there's definitely feminine input into some of the decor), he probably doesn't need a huge house. Perhaps he's using the money that he's saving to invest it wisely for the future when he retires?

Or maybe it's to pay his "personal assistant". What does he need a personal assistant for? To play Guitar Hero? I mean, the guy will make $24 million over the next 6 years. You'd imagine he would be able to afford real friends without calling them personal assistants. Personally, I thought the video was hilarious. Wow, Roy is a metrosexual. I guess the thread last year was true, apparently the team is filled with a bunch of metrosexuals.

Or maybe it's to pay his "personal assistant". What does he need a personal assistant for? To play Guitar Hero? I mean, the guy will make $24 million over the next 6 years. You'd imagine he would be able to afford real friends without calling them personal assistants. Personally, I thought the video was hilarious. Wow, Roy is a metrosexual. I guess the thread last year was true, apparently the team is filled with a bunch of metrosexuals.

He needs to talk to some of the NBA stars about having a posse or entourage.

Man, quickly watching that video, that house is not impressive for someone making multi-million $'s a year.

If it's in Amherst, he's paying around $565,000 a year in property taxes, so he had to pick up something with a lower monthly payment so he can cover the escrow.

If it's in Amherst, he's paying around $565,000 a year in property taxes, so he had to pick up something with a lower monthly payment so he can cover the escrow.

Back in the day, a lot of the players lived in Grand Island. I know Mogilny and LaFontaine used to live in Grand Island. But, yeah, a ton of hockey folks live in Amherst including Muckler, Harry Neale, Scotty Bowman, and I think even Peca still lives in Amherst in the offseason. I think Kaleta still lives with his parents, though in Angola. I was not aware that property tax was so high in Amherst. Is it cheaper in other areas?

Roy lives in the fancy townhouses along the waterfront, right near the arena. they are quite pricey, and several of the other players live in them as well...I know Max does and I think Pommers does as well.

No stalker here, but Pommers and a few others do indeed live in Amherst. Lindy lives out in Clarence. Yes, a lot of guys do live down on the water too. My sister lives in Amherst and it seems like they all know where every player on the team lives, and how much their house/condo cost. It's all public info at the county recorders office website.

Taxes in Amherst aren't 500,000, but they are high. For a $150.000 home you can add about $200 or so more on your payment each month just for taxes.

I would hope that personal assistants answer fan mail and that Pominville has one because my 10 year old wrote him a letter a while back and she checks that mail box every day. So far no reply. She is becoming distraught and she said that soon the poster of Pommers is coming down and Hannah Montana is going back up. :(

My sister lives in Amherst and it seems like they all know where every player on the team lives...

I have an idea how she might come up with that info...

Taxes in Amherst aren't 500,000, but they are high. For a $150.000 home you can add about $200 or so more on your payment each month just for taxes.

:blink: Add two hundred dollars to what? I just bought a $140,000 house and my taxes are pushing $5000 a year. A wee bit more than $200 dollars a month.

I have an idea how she might come up with that info...

:blink: Add two hundred dollars to what? I just bought a $140,000 house and my taxes are pushing $5000 a year. A wee bit more than $200 dollars a month.

Ooohhhhhhhhhhh you B right Ink!

My bad math. My sister pays about $10,000 a year in property taxes in Amherst and she paid $157,000 or so for her house.

Ooohhhhhhhhhhh you B right Ink!

My bad math. My sister pays about $10,000 a year in property taxes in Amherst and she paid $157,000 or so for her house.

And the legislators wonder why businesses don't want to come to NY State and people keep leaving in droves.

My most recent assessment was for $401K and my tax bill is $3600 per year in Fairfax County VA.

The county has ONE POLICE DEPARTMENT, ONE SCHOOL DISTRICT, and contracts out road construction and trash collection, among other things. Until NY State wakes up, the economy will continue to dwindle.

My most recent assessment was for $401K and my tax bill is $3600 per year in Fairfax County VA.

I'm not sure what your house looks like but my brother-in-law just bought a $450,00 house in Burke Va and that same house would have cost $125,000-$150,000 in WNY.

Archived