Patrick Roy and Son could be in a little trouble

millbank

Roy And Son

Roy coaches his son Jonathan on the Remparts and denies he encouraged the slugfest near the end of the second period in Saturday night's 10-1 thrashing from the Sagueneens.

"We will take the time to look at all the elements of this incident, all the reports from the two supervisors who were there, the officials and the images that are available," QMJHL commissioner Gilles Courteau told all-news channel LCN on Sunday.

Courteau added that any potential punishments would be announced Monday after all the people involved were interviewed.

Related Info

The series is tied 1-1 with the Remparts hosting Game 3 Tuesday night.

Patrick Roy owns the Remparts and did coach them to the Memorial Cup last year, where they beat Ted Nolan's team

From TSN

Little Roy should be done for the season for that. The other goalie wanted no part of it. Simply disgraceful.

Agreed. An equal fight between two people is one thing, but the video indicates that it was a cheap, coward's victory. The kid should be ashamed of himself.

That is beyond reproachable. It embaresses me to be a fan of the sport when this type of activity occurs. One on one is fine and even a bench clearing brawl between willing participants but to assult someone and then take freeshots while he is one the ground is disgraceful. They should end their season and ban them from playoff play for the next season.

i am a fan of the game, obviously. I believe fighting is part of the game. But when there are guys out there doing what that video portrays it is no longer a sport. Giving the middle fingers to eachother in front of how many young spectators? These guys are considered potential Professionals?!?! HAHAHA Not even close.

I bet ya that kid thinks that just because his dad is a hockey legend in CA he has a free pass to do what he wants whenever he wants. I hope his immature a$$ gets suspended for a good long while because he deserves it for what he did.

What Roy did there was nothing short of assault and battery. I am actually surprised only one teamate came to his defense after that and I am really surprised a teamate didn't jump the boards to try and stop that.

Yeah, the whole bench should have cleared and all went after Roy.

Unbelievable and we wonder why the sport can't break into the realm of relevance and/or respectability.

From the TSN article;

"I can't control the reactions of my players in the heat of action," Patrick Roy told reporters after the game. "That's part of the game."

Ha,,, really that bush league stuff is part of the game huh and your the coach of the team and your not somehow or unwilling to accept responsiblity for your players actions, another great lesson being taught here..... Lets hope this guy never gets to coach a NHL team....

Roy And Son

Roy coaches his son Jonathan on the Remparts and denies he encouraged the slugfest near the end of the second period in Saturday night's 10-1 thrashing from the Sagueneens.

"We will take the time to look at all the elements of this incident, all the reports from the two supervisors who were there, the officials and the images that are available," QMJHL commissioner Gilles Courteau told all-news channel LCN on Sunday.

Courteau added that any potential punishments would be announced Monday after all the people involved were interviewed.

Related Info

The series is tied 1-1 with the Remparts hosting Game 3 Tuesday night.

Patrick Roy owns the Remparts and did coach them to the Memorial Cup last year, where they beat Ted Nolan's team

From TSN

Can he play defense?

Son Gets Seven Games, Father gets Five

Remparts goaltender Jonathan Roy, who apologized Monday for flipping the bird to the crowd after engaging in two fights, was hit hardest. He was suspended for seven games and fined $500.

His father, Remparts coach Patrick Roy, was suspended five games.

Related Info

Patrick Roy apologized to Nadeau and his family, to the Remparts organization and his son.

"I regret not controlling the situation better," Roy said in a brief statement in French at the Pepsi Colisee in Quebec City. "I saw what Jonathan went through in the last few days and it was painful for him.

"If I had controlled things better, he wouldn't have had to go through that."

"The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League finds the events which took place over the course of last weekend's games deplorable and unacceptable," said QMJHL commissioner Gilles Courteau in a statement.

Interesting game three of series was played last evening , Patrick Roy's Quebec Rempart's won game three 6 - 1 and now lead series 2 games to one.

Quebec Hockey Culture of Fighting

In the immediate picture, it was a charged junior hockey atmosphere that met the perfect storm in Chicoutimi, a place with a charged history of backing the local Saguen?ens. "When I was coaching Hull, they started my bus on fire in Chicoutimi one night. It can be a pretty wild place," Burns said.

Who owns his draft rights? He's clearly tougher than anyone we have on the Sabres.. I say sign him up...

He's also 3-10, and in that game was losing 7-1 when the brawl happened. I say if he wasn't Patrick Roy's son he'd be a high school backup. On the JV.

Archived