Patrick Roy and Son could be in a little trouble

millbank

Who owns his draft rights? He's clearly tougher than anyone we have on the Sabres.. I say sign him up...

That's toughness?

Punching a guy in the head who isn't moving and then giving the finger to the crowd?

Why don't we sign a "tough" guy from jail? I'm sure there's someone in there who has assaulted someone and they might even be a better goaltender than Roy.

He's also 3-10, and in that game was losing 7-1 when the brawl happened. I say if he wasn't Patrick Roy's son he'd be a high school backup. On the JV.

According to the Q's league website, he's played in 69 games and has a GAA just under 4 (3.96) and a mid-80s save percentage (.866.) No wonder he's gone undrafted and isn't likely to get picked this year.

That's toughness?

Punching a guy in the head who isn't moving and then giving the finger to the crowd?

Why don't we sign a "tough" guy from jail? I'm sure there's someone in there who has assaulted someone and they might even be a better goaltender than Roy.

Hey, hey, hey...

Do not under estimate the skill it takes to fly two birds while skating...

According to the Q's league website, he's played in 69 games and has a GAA just under 4 (3.96) and a mid-80s save percentage (.866.) No wonder he's gone undrafted and isn't likely to get picked this year.

Those numbers certainly don't support his genetic history. Are we sure this is Roy's son? Sign him to Rochester, er Maine, er the homeless AHL franchise that supports the Sabres..

Why didn't the other goalie defend himself? Was he daydreaming or looking at the inside of his mask? If I saw another goalie skating toward me, I'd go Jimmy "Superfly" Snooka on his ass.

I thought the same thing...

I also wonder how innocent Nadeau was in all this..

Consider this passage from TSN:

"He said he saw Nadeau at the blue-line and, "I imagine Jonathan took that as an invitation and things happened."

Jonathan Roy confirmed his father's version of events but says he decided on a different plan than the one indicated by his coach. "

The cameras were not on Nadeau until Roy was ripping his mask off. Did Nadeau goade him a little and then refuse to fight????

Just asking...

Just got back from a few days in Quebec. This incident was on the front page of the Montreal Gazette on Tuesday. It was absolutely the only real topic on not only sports radio, but NEWS radio up there on Tuesday afternoon. To a person, every caller into the radio talk programs wanted the Habs to cancel any (rumored) plans to retire Patrick Roy's jersey, because of this. No one thought that the suspensions were enough; more than a few folks wanted Jonathan Roy suspended for the rest of the QMJHL playoffs and well into next year.

These sentiments were echoed by everyone I talked to about hockey, whether it was during a break in a business meeting, in a hotel bar, or in a casual conversation with a complete stranger in a gas station.

This was taken very seriously up there, regardless of Jonathan Roy's bloodlines or Patrick Roy's aura.

The fury about the incident, and the way the press covered it, reminded me of the Spitzer situation. It was not lightly treated in Quebec.

The fury about the incident, and the way the press covered it, reminded me of the Spitzer situation. It was not lightly treated in Quebec.

Seems a little over blown to me. It's hockey, not ballet. Fights happen. If Nadeau did goade him, then he should have had the sack to charge him without Daddy's permission. He fought the next guy that challenged him and held his own. I guess I just don't really understand the nuances of the code.

Seems a little over blown to me. It's hockey, not ballet. Fights happen. If Nadeau did goade him, then he should have had the sack to charge him without Daddy's permission. He fought the next guy that challenged him and held his own. I guess I just don't really understand the nuances of the code.

Roy instigating the fight and assaulting a goalie who wanted no part of fighting was bad enough, but to continue pummeling a guy who was down on the ice and not trying to fight back? No code needed, IMO. The son is apparently as classless a jerk as the father.

On second thought, that was pretty lame.

I was pretty surprised that the goalie didn't fight back once Roy actually started hitting him. But that doesn't mitigate Roy's actions.

Just caught up with this after being out of town, WTF?

Can you imagine this happening at a kids football game? "Hey son, I'm your coach, now go kick that kids ass" . "No, I don't care if he's just standing there" "Just pretend he called yo' mama something and beat him!"

That ref and player had some Cirque du Soleil thing going on.

Archived