Horns, Trains, Sirens...

Rabbit151

Part of why I hate Ottawa so much is the blaring train horn that goes off when they score. It sounds gay. It's kind of high-pitched by comparison to the Sabres horn bellow. It's totally lame. Plus, it goes on way too long. I think San Jose has a fog-horn, that's bassy and cool.

I think Washington has a siren, don't they?

The Sabres blast is good. Any opinions on good ones and bad ones? I can't remember them all, I'm pretty sure no one comes close to the awful Ottawa cacaphone.

Carolina's is piss poor. I don't even think its a horn. Its just a loud annoying noise piped through the speakers. Or maybe thats Philadelphia I'm thinking of.

Anyways, Buffalo has the best horn ever.... bar none, hands down... its the best. Chicago is second because its a cheap knockoff of ours. (edit) Upon review... The United Center horn is not like it used to be in the old Chicago Stadium. Still, Buffalo's is the best.

Carolina's is piss poor. I don't even think its a horn. Its just a loud annoying noise piped through the speakers. Or maybe thats Philadelphia I'm thinking of.

Anyways, Buffalo has the best horn ever.... bar none, hands down... its the best. Chicago is second because its a cheap knockoff of ours. (edit) Upon review... The United Center horn is not like it used to be in the old Chicago Stadium. Still, Buffalo's is the best.

Didn't the horn in Chicago precede the one at the Aud?

For my money, I'd get rid of all artificial noise when a goal is scored. As Art Wander used to implore, "let the fans get into the game! Ptoooey on that music garbage."

Didn't the horn in Chicago precede the one at the Aud?

For my money, I'd get rid of all artificial noise when a goal is scored. As Art Wander used to implore, "let the fans get into the game! Ptoooey on that music garbage."

I believe you're right on Chicago; I think the foghorn at the Stadium predated the one at the Aud, but I also think the one at the Aud made the sound famous (nothing but my recollection of mid-80s sports talk on that).

As for music after the goal, I wouldn't mind the authentic Sabre Dance, but I'm not a fan of "Who Let the Dogs Out," etc. I'd rather talk about the goal with the folks at the game.

As for Art Wander, well, Ptoooey on that talk host garbage.

I think the worst post-goal shananagans take place in Atlanta, with the awful strobe light effect that goes off overhead of the net. That's absolutely awful.

Washington is annoying simply for the length of time that their horn blasts run for...it's 3 long blasts, that seem to take forever.

don't the rangers have something super-annoying? like a police siren or something (fitting, if it is)...maybe i'm making it up.

as a kid at my first ever sabres game at the aud, i hadn't any clue that the horn was really so loud. sitting in the nosebleeds with the team putting up 9 goals was quite an experience.

I know in the AHL/minors that the Chicago Wolves fire off some sort of pyrotechnics... As told by my son... Seems he went to the Wolves-Marlies game one time and was rooting for TOR... I asked him why? "Because, when the Wolves scored... The fireworks were so annoying..."

Who they heck would allow this indoors?

The least strange part is a team SCORING against a TOR team! :D

I didn't go to that game... So I can't verify it.

That boy doesn't have his priorities right... HE just ain't right!... Rooting for a team from TOR!

I blame myself... BlackHawks hat he has and all!

:( :(

Im not sure Im remembering right but I think it was Florida that has a horn and then a siren starts like 10 seconds after the horn goes, at doesnt stop forever. As mentioned above the strobe light in ATL is probably one of the most annoying things I have seen, the goalie is already pissed about letting in a goal and then they get blinded, real nice.

Carolina's is piss poor. I don't even think its a horn.

All I know is after just one game in Carolina, I completely sick of seeing Rick Flair yelling "WOOOOOOOOO" on the Jumbotron after a Carolina goal... <_<

I know in the AHL/minors that the Chicago Wolves fire off some sort of pyrotechnics... As told by my son... Seems he went to the Wolves-Marlies game one time and was rooting for TOR... I asked him why? "Because, when the Wolves scored... The fireworks were so annoying..."

Who they heck would allow this indoors?

The least strange part is a team SCORING against a TOR team! :D

I didn't go to that game... So I can't verify it.

That boy doesn't have his priorities right... HE just ain't right!... Rooting for a team from TOR!

I blame myself... BlackHawks hat he has and all!

:( :(

The Sabres used to have pyrotechnics shooting out of the scoreboard at the start of the game. I haven't been to a home game in some time, so I don't know if they still do that...

Im not sure Im remembering right but I think it was Florida that has a horn and then a siren starts like 10 seconds after the horn goes, at doesnt stop forever. As mentioned above the strobe light in ATL is probably one of the most annoying things I have seen, the goalie is already pissed about letting in a goal and then they get blinded, real nice.

It was either florida or tampa bay that had that. It drove me nuts every time they scored.

I like the end of period buzzer at Madison Square Garden. Reminds me of the strike sound from Family Fued :) .

I like the Sabres train horn the best. The gayest is Ottawa's high pitch horn. It sounds like the Lamborghini horn from Cannonball Run. Seriously,... The only thing that's missing after that horn goes off is Burt Reynolds laugh. Lamest is Atlanta's and other arena's that blow a goddamn annoying fog horn for thirty seconds and then have to toot it again to count each goal the team scored.

Archived