Kotalik out two weeks...

PASabreFan

Geeeze cut some slack there...

heard Goose last night and he said (out of his mouth) he is planning on being back this season.... things change as to the effects of injuries. Lighten up

whats this the goose may be coming back?!?!

excuse me while i change my soiled pants. :unsure:

I work at a movie theatre on transit and I actually sold tickets to Al last night. I asked him how the injury was and when he was going to be back and he said two weeks as well. Obviously I dont know if it is the truth or what he is told to say but I did hear the words come right out of his mouth!

here you go PA, some Kleenex for you.

Man, is there a day you don't bitch or moan about something??

If you're married, I feel for your wife. My god.

Thanks for the Kleenex. I am about to look at some pictures of your mom.

Considering that Ruff has 8 years of medical training and that the healing process is standard from person to person, I find it hard to believe that we're being given this misinformation.

Lindy must really enjoy sticking it to the fans. <_<

No, he enjoys thinking he's sticking it to Washington, whose coaches obviously are fretting about facing Al's big gun. Or maybe not. Lindy's not that smart, honestly. Maybe he should worry about the power play, or am I not allowed to bitch about that.

Here's your Kleenex back, Rick. It's not happening. My eyes!

Considering that Ruff has 8 years of medical training and that the healing process is standard from person to person, I find it hard to believe that we're being given this misinformation.

Lindy must really enjoy sticking it to the fans. <_<

Like Martin Brodeur does a sister-in-law :D

Thanks for the Kleenex. I am about to look at some pictures of your mom.

No, he enjoys thinking he's sticking it to Washington, whose coaches obviously are fretting about facing Al's big gun. Or maybe not. Lindy's not that smart, honestly. Maybe he should worry about the power play, or am I not allowed to bitch about that.

Here's your Kleenex back, Rick. It's not happening. My eyes!

Ahh the mom comments. Classy. So you're either 14 years old, or a completely disrespectful adult.

For all you know my mother may be dead. Do you ever think of that?

For someone with so many posts in here, you'd think you could take some criticism. Apparently not.

No matter. My point was made. You're miserable and everyone knows it.

Hopefully the Sabres win in spite of you.

Think I'll call me mom.

Ahh the mom comments. Classy. So you're either 14 years old, or a completely disrespectful adult.

For all you know my mother may be dead. Do you ever think of that?

For someone with so many posts in here, you'd think you could take some criticism. Apparently not.

No matter. My point was made. You're miserable and everyone knows it.

Hopefully the Sabres win in spite of you.

Think I'll call me mom.

Give me a call. Your mom's here now.

In spite of me? Am I quarterbacking the power play?

No offense dude, but it seems like you're the one who can't handle some criticism (I don't mean criticism of you, I mean PA's constant criticism of the team/players). You're getting all worked up because someone is overly-critical or too pessimistic about a hockey team. Chill out man, life's too short.

I am much more optimistic about pretty much everything than PA is, so I don't agree with him that often, but man this would be a really boring place if we were all cheerleaders. Plus, the dude does have a great sense of humor and says some pretty funny sh!t sometimes.

Just my opinion.

http://tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columnists/darren_dreger/

Darren Dreger

3/22/2007 11:37:40 PM

Injuries in hockey have always been protected by team management in a "cloak and dagger" fashion.

"Upper body, or lower body" have become the most oft used descriptive terms by team representatives in an effort to elude the prying media.

But, that's about the change.

NHL general managers agreed to a policy change last month at the GM meetings in Florida and this week a memo has been distributed league-wide, outlining the new initiative to enforce teams be more forthcoming.

Teams are now being told to identify the approximate location, nature and severity of the injury.

So, if a player injures his right arm, the team will have to report it as such, being mindful no specifics have to be divulged if the player may risk additional physical harm upon his return, in which case a more general means of describing the ailment will be accepted.

It's this grey area that may provide the traditionalists in this group a loophole to resume business as usual.

As one NHL manager puts it, ''exception swallows the rule.'' Plus, the NHL is now just days away from the start of the playoffs, a time of year when teams clamp down on dispensing injury reports.

Is that going to change?

The NHL insists it will scrutinize.

The league warns any false or misleading information won't be tolerated, going as far as to threaten discipline for the clubs who violate or abuse this newly implemented policy.

For TSN.ca, I'm Darren Dreger.

Good find, DWarner. It will be interesting to see if anyone actually follows the directive, or instead invokes the exception clause and we keep hearing about upper-body/lower-body injuries...

Kotalik on Wednesday

Al is gonna play on Wednesday, so much for Lindy sticking it to the fans.

If it's not the NHL with the conspiracy, it's the team ... lighten up guys.

nooooooo... That means Ryan is going back to RaChaCha..

Say what you will about our crossbar rattling forward, but at least he isn't invisible on the ice.. Unlike a certain play with initials AK.

nooooooo... That means Ryan is going back to RaChaCha..

Say what you will about our crossbar rattling forward, but at least he isn't invisible on the ice.. Unlike a certain play with initials AK.

I'd take Kotalik with one arm and his laces tied together before Ryan. Al plays physical and can finish from anywhere inside the blue line. Ryan skates fast and has a severe case of Holzingeritis.

I'd take Kotalik with one arm and his laces tied together before Ryan. Al plays physical and can finish from anywhere inside the blue line. Ryan skates fast and has a severe case of Holzingeritis.

I think Al CAN play physical and score from anywhere inside the blue line, I just wish those weren't "once-in-a-blue-moon" occurrences...

I think Al CAN play physical and score from anywhere inside the blue line, I just wish those weren't "once-in-a-blue-moon" occurrences...

He was a beast last year during the postseason and I expect more of the same. Would it be great to see him do his best Cam Neely impersonation, sorry if Michal Grosek comes to mind, but yes it would be nice. Is it more likely he'll play like Chris Gratton, yes but with better hands. :D

Archived