Kotalik out two weeks...

PASabreFan

Well, technically he is day to day, its just 14 more days

Why does the public feel the need that they have to know every detail of the team and the status of every injury? Is it going to really matter if Ruff doesn't give specific details and just says "he's injured and he'll be back when he's back"?

OK, I might be jumping the gun here if the News article was a typo or Graham got some bad info. or whatever. But the comment applies in general. Ruff should just come out and tell the fans he is not going to be truthful about what injuries players have and how long they will be out. Tell us that's the way it has to be, explain why (which is what drives me batty), say he's sorry and tell the fans we just have to take one for the team.

I seriously hope we take the over on the possible return dates for our injured players. Playing a game or two before the postseason starts would be fine, but we'll all be praising Lindy for his prudence when Ales and Max have fresh legs for the run.

OK, I might be jumping the gun here if the News article was a typo or Graham got some bad info. or whatever. But the comment applies in general. Ruff should just come out and tell the fans he is not going to be truthful about what injuries players have and how long they will be out. Tell us that's the way it has to be, explain why (which is what drives me batty), say he's sorry and tell the fans we just have to take one for the team.

Does Lindy really have to do that? Come on, you are smart enough to know this injury stuff is all a mis-information campaign.

"Could be back this week" vs. "at least two weeks" is pretty substantial when you are talking about the team's last 10+ games before the playoffs.

As for Lindy's injury reporting tactics - I don't know...I am torn on this. I understand that Lindy thinks it gives them some small advantage (which is debatable) but I think it makes Lindy & the Sabres look amateurish and petty. I think I would prefer it if he would either be more straightforward about it, or just make it a team policy to issue a printed release with player status (day-to-day, out indefinitely, whatever) and an estimated return date, if possible, and not comment on the injuries to the press. Problem there is reporters will start digging and calling their "unnamed sources" for updates, and that will get PA up in arms... :thumbsup:

Doesn't matter what we think, however; the Sabres & Lindy will keep doing it until the league makes them do otherwise, and they won't because they don't see it as a problem, and even if they did, wouldn't have the slightest clue on how to fix it.

I just think this is what you get when the NHL doesn't mandate. I think we all know that in the playoffs, everyone has "upper body injuries". Heck, I was talking with my brother last week, and since it's close to the playoffs, I told him I was home today with an "upper body injury". Really, I had the flu, but that's clearly an upper body injury. See, the teams can "tell the truth" without you knowing a darn thing.

Of course, when Brett Hull was playing the Cup Finals against the Sabres, he had a groin injury. How would you classify that one??? :)

Per the Buffalo News, Kotalik out at least two more weeks...

Geeeze cut some slack there...

heard Goose last night and he said (out of his mouth) he is planning on being back this season.... things change as to the effects of injuries. Lighten up

NFL teams seem to be vague about injury reports too as have other NHL teams. Not to sound like I am following the Leafs, but I've heard a few different return dates for Kaberle lately. What difference does it make to us who comes back when? We have no control over it. Yes, it's be nice to know in advance, but is anyone gonna not listen to or watch a game if a certain player is out? With these injuries, nothing is cut and dry about recovery time. Complications do arise and need to be dealt with.

Geeeze cut some slack there...

heard Goose last night and he said (out of his mouth) he is planning on being back this season.... things change as to the effects of injuries. Lighten up

That oughta be an interesting trick by Goose considering he's been put on the out for season injured list and we gained his cap space back.

That oughta be an interesting trick by Goose considering he's been put on the out for season injured list and we gained his cap space back.

Once the playoffs come, there is not a cap anymore. All player salaries apply to the regular season. As long as the Sabres aren't gaming the system, like everyone wanted with Connolly and others at the trade deadline, if I recall correctly, Goose can come back and play once healthy. Even if he came back during the regular season, I think they are a roster move away from getting him in the lineup.

I wish they wouldn't tell us anything about the injuries honestly. What do we do now? We watch the game and go "man I wish so and so was back" but if they never told us info about injuries boy would we be surprised when all of a sudden one of our guys is back.

That's how I wish they would handle the Connolly thing. Don't tell me anything about it. Just put him on the ice some night so I can go "holy crap he's back!"

There's no such thing as an out for the season injury list. All they have is the long term IR, which covers anything beyond 10 games.

All I have to say here is, 'read up my boy, read up.' When you have things in order come back with an apology. ::shaking head::

There's no such thing as an out for the season injury list. All they have is the long term IR, which covers anything beyond 10 games.

There should be one though. Just think how fun that acronymn would be to type in a hurry: OFTSIL! Nice!

Per the Buffalo News, Kotalik out at least two more weeks...

here you go PA, some Kleenex for you.

Man, is there a day you don't bitch or moan about something??

If you're married, I feel for your wife. My god.

Considering that Ruff has 8 years of medical training and that the healing process is standard from person to person, I find it hard to believe that we're being given this misinformation.

Lindy must really enjoy sticking it to the fans. <_<

Geez, man...somewhere along the way you apparently came to the erroneous conclusion that a head coach "owes" the fans an explanation for the way he manages the media.

I honestly don't know why this stuff upsets some people so much.

Archived