For You Lunk Headed Morons Out There

bob_sauve28

I have to say I agree! :D I just can't bring myself to seeing this team without either one! I don't care how its done, just find a way to sign them both. Please!

I'd like to see this too. My plan would be to dump Spacek for drafts, & get rid of Kotalik somehow. Oh yeah, add Kalinin too. Two things that I know for sure.....

1. Briere is to Pominville
  2. As Max is to Vanek

You cant have everything!

What do you think the chances of that are?

I'd like to see this too. My plan would be to dump Spacek for drafts, & get rid of Kotalik somehow. Oh yeah, add Kalinin too. Two things that I know for sure.....

1. Briere is to Pominville
  2. As Max is to Vanek

You cant have everything!

What do you think the chances of that are?

I don't think Vanek needs Max at all. I'm almost ready to dump Connelly. Also Spackek stays, but I might consider Kotalik, just to save the money. Kalinin stays too, good defenseman IMO. I could part with Max if it meant keeping Briere or Drury or both.

I love how the conventional wisdom is that we can't keep both of them. Heck, ole Bucky even wrote that we might not be able to afford ONE of them. Conventional wisdom was totally wrong last offseason and is bound to be wrong again. Maybe we should just wait and see what happens...

I'll make my decision about whether max should go based on his performance in the playoffs this year. Last year he could have been a lot better, but he pulled a vanek and couldn't find the back of the net. Hopefully this year he'll be a goal scoring machine.

I love how the conventional wisdom is that we can't keep both of them. Heck, ole Bucky even wrote that we might not be able to afford ONE of them. Conventional wisdom was totally wrong last offseason and is bound to be wrong again. Maybe we should just wait and see what happens...

I'm wondering about everyone saying they will get offered $7 million contracts somewhere. Ya, maybe someone will do that, and if they do, well, goodbye, but that doesn't have to happen. There will be other good free agents out there to compete against which will soak up a lot of money. So ya, let's wait and see. Still, Danny not being on the team is a horrible thought :bag:

I'm wondering about everyone saying they will get offered $7 million contracts somewhere. Ya, maybe someone will do that, and if they do, well, goodbye, but that doesn't have to happen. There will be other good free agents out there to compete against which will soak up a lot of money. So ya, let's wait and see. Still, Danny not being on the team is a horrible thought :bag:

Game gonna start but check this out sometime!

1. Trade/release Connolly and Spacek.

2. Don't re-sign Numminen and Zubrus.

3. Sign Briere (UFA), Drury (UFA), Vanek (RFA), and Roy (RFA).

What's the problem? :D

Why Connolly? The guy has a few bad breaks and you want to cut him? The guy is a freak with the puck and was obviously the main reason our PP was SO good last year! I would hold off judgement until at least after he has come back and played in the playoffs!

AND TRUST ME... HE WILL PLAY IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

In terms of Timmy and keeping or moving him, I think is something that doesn't have as much to do with his talent as fragility. He has great skills but I think the team will have to decide whether he can stay healthy enough to keep playing, whether he is injury-prone, or if he is just one more hit away from Brett Lindros/Patty LaLa situation.

I would hold off judgement until at least after he has come back and played in the playoffs!

AND TRUST ME... HE WILL PLAY IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

Just curious, but what exactly makes your judgment any better than mine? Are you associated with the Sabres organization and have inside knowledge on Connolly's health?

I like Connolly a lot, too, but I'm just extrapolating from what we've seen and heard the past few years regarding his health...the guy has serious health issues that will likely never allow him to reach his full NHL potential.

Ummm...who are your 6th & 7th defensemen with this plan?

Our 6th and 7th can come from Rochester (continue the team's yough movement) and/or free agency (find cheaper, more bang-for-the-buck d-men).

Fact of the matter is that Numminen's play has begun to really look his age, and there's a good chance he'll retire anyway. As for Spacek, tell me what exactly has this guy brought to the team this year that we absolutely can't do without next year? If getting rid of his salary becomes key in keeping both of our proven leaders (Briere and Drury), I'd hope Regier decides to go with our proven leaders. But that's just me.

Our 6th and 7th can come from Rochester (continue the team's yough movement) and/or free agency (find cheaper, more bang-for-the-buck d-men).

Fact of the matter is that Numminen's play has begun to really look his age, and there's a good chance he'll retire anyway. As for Spacek, tell me what exactly has this guy brought to the team this year that we absolutely can't do without next year? If getting rid of his salary becomes key in keeping both of our proven leaders (Briere and Drury), I'd hope Regier decides to go with our proven leaders. But that's just me.

I like the plan for giggles, you will have to give up your screen name after these trades because Connolley will need your helmet Kelso.

• 11 months later...

Archived