Do we have a quarterback controversy now?

wjag

I am pro-Miller guy.. No surprise there..

The way Conks played tonight 42/45, does this performance embolden the anti-Miller crowd on this board?

Should Conks start tomorrow?

I say no... Lindy won't.. But should he?

Is Miller all that secure now that we have seen what a 5th round draft pick buys?

go with miller. this is no time to be playing head games. The message should have been received with conks' 40+ saves and solid 3rd period. If miller can't regain some sort of edge after tonight, i'd rather not have him in net at all. Miller will start tomorrow, and i predict he'll play well.

No one on this board is anti-Miller. Please. And there is no controversy. Good God. But as I just wrote in the game thread, if I was Ruff, I'd come back with Conklin. Play the hot hand. If you want to rest Miller, rest him. What good does one day do?

Nope. Although Conklin did look very solid tonight. Makes me more comfortable in our back to backs for the rest of the year.

No one on this board is anti-Miller. Please. And there is no controversy. Good God. But as I just wrote in the game thread, if I was Ruff, I'd come back with Conklin. Play the hot hand. If you want to rest Miller, rest him. What good does one day do?

I disagree. Starting the same goalie in a back to back is usually a bad idea. Especially if he faced 45 shots the first night. Conklin started tonight so that Miller would be fresh for Tampa.

I disagree. Starting the same goalie in a back to back is usually a bad idea. Especially if he faced 45 shots the first night. Conklin started tonight so that Miller would be fresh for Tampa.

I agree. Had it been an easy night for Conks, I'd think twice, but probably still play Miller anyway.

No controversy at all. Miller is the goalie for this team. Conklin played a great game tonight, and I think Miller got some rest and was able to regain his edge for tomorrow night. Also, there is no competition, but I think generally, Miller plays well under pressure and is clutch, and seeing Conklin he might feel a little pressure (not in terms of job security, but in terms of the competitive fire of being at the top of his game). Miller should play well tomorrow night, and I expect an open and high scoring game cause the Lightning have awful goaltending but have tons of scoring. Should be a wild and fun one tomorrow night.

Do we have a controversy? Short answer, no. Long answer, noooooooooooo.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Conks knows what he was brought here to do, and that is exactly what he did tonight - give the Sabres a solid game when he is called on. Barring some major collapse by Ryan, he won't push Miller for the no.1 job, and maybe his work ethic, goalie style and experience can rub off on Ryan and help him round out his game.

While I wouldn't roll him out again tomorrow night, I agree with PA somewhat - give Ryan a true break and give him either Saturday or Wednesday off, so that he goes into next week's home and home with Toronto feeling pretty refreshed and focused...

Do we have a controversy? Short answer, no. Long answer, noooooooooooo.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Conks knows what he was brought here to do, and that is exactly what he did tonight - give the Sabres a solid game when he is called on. Barring some major collapse by Ryan, he won't push Miller for the no.1 job, and maybe his work ethic, goalie style and experience can rub off on Ryan and help him round out his game.

While I wouldn't roll him out again tomorrow night, I agree with PA somewhat - give Ryan a true break and give him either Saturday or Wednesday off, so that he goes into next week's home and home with Toronto feeling pretty refreshed and focused...

Speaking of rolling, am I nuts or did the PA announcer in Sunrise conclude his Panther goal spiel with the phrase, "That's how we roll!"? I was doing shrooms during the game, so I am guessing it was just me.

Who knows wjag?

Conks supposedly looked good on deflections and the long shots (from what I heard, didn't get to view the game video wise) which seem to be Ryan's weakness...

So... If Miller looks bad on those plays in the playoffs... I have no problem with Lindy pulling what labia breath did with the 'Canes and Gerber/Ward in the ECF's!

Anything to win and keep these guys "high motor" and desparate!

:D

Who knows wjag?

Conks supposedly looked good on deflections and the long shots (from what I heard, didn't get to view the game video wise) which seem to be Ryan's weakness...

So... If Miller looks bad on those plays in the playoffs... I have no problem with Lindy pulling what labia breath did with the 'Canes and Gerber/Ward in the ECF's!

Anything to win and keep these guys "high motor" and desparate!

:D

Is that supposed to be an insult? :blush:

Actually, come to think of it, Conks did make some very nice saves on deflections -- you know, those shots that JL says Miller "had no chance on."

Is that supposed to be an insult? :blush:

Actually, come to think of it, Conks did make some very nice saves on deflections -- you know, those shots that JL says Miller "had no chance on."

Ya... It was an insult towards the 'Canes coach Peter Laviolette [sP]... I can't spell his name... Labia breath is better than mouth I guess?... Okay, maybe not... :blush: :blush: Sorry for the crude and cheap comment at the Caniacs' expense...

Even know the Devs won tonight... Wasn't it nice to see the 'Canes crash! They are going to be hard pressed to even make the playoffs!!!

Has that ever happened in the NHL... Post orig. six that is? Defending champs turn chumps the next year...

Again... My bad... :bag:

Speaking of rolling, am I nuts or did the PA announcer in Sunrise conclude his Panther goal spiel with the phrase, "That's how we roll!"? I was doing shrooms during the game, so I am guessing it was just me.

No, it wasn't the shrooms. I heard it to, but it was "that's how I roll". Almost as retarded as the Bruins PA guy with his "whoooo" after each bruins goal. Even when they are down by 4 or 5 he still yells that crap.

No way does Conklin start at TB. It's Miller time again. Although if TB pumps 45 at us again, you can count on more than 3 going in no matter who is in net.

Even know the Devs won tonight... Wasn't it nice to see the 'Canes crash! They are going to be hard pressed to even make the playoffs!!!

Has that ever happened in the NHL... Post orig. six that is? Defending champs turn chumps the next year...

If I heard correctly, it would be the second time in NHL HISTORY that would happen.

Now... if the Canes AND the Oilers BOTH fail, it would be the first time in history that the 2 teams that met in Finals, miss the playoffs the next year! :o :death:

If I heard correctly, it would be the second time in NHL HISTORY that would happen.

Now... if the Canes AND the Oilers BOTH fail, it would be the first time in history that the 2 teams that met in Finals, miss the playoffs the next year! :o :death:

Thanks!!!

Again... Would that (the first time) be pre or post Original Six?

I could understand a Cup champion missing the playoffs during the Original Six days (early 1940's to 1967)...

On another note... I don't want any part of the 'Canes via 1-8 seeds... Better, if the 'Canes get in at 8... I would like to see BFLO drop down and let the Devil's and 'Canes tear each other apart...

BFLO swept the 'Canes this season... I get a gut feeling that our number with them will be up if they sqeak in and BFLO holds onto 1st!

:o

After that game I'm glad that Regier brought Conklin in as the backup instead of Belfour. Not only did the Eagle let in 25% of Buffalo's shots, but he nearly melted down on a couple of occasions.

I'm sure his after the game booze, coke and hooker fix settled him down a bit.

Starting the same goalie in a back to back is usually a bad idea. Especially if he faced 45 shots the first night. Conklin started tonight so that Miller would be fresh for Tampa.

I agree with that. Let Conklin get his confidence level up a little, new team and all. If you play him against Tampa and he lets in a weak one or two, you've accomplished nothing.

This way, at least he gets to feel good about a performance, as he gets to know his new teammates better.

Miller's the #1 guy, but I see no harm in Lindy letting him know that Conklin might start the next game after Tampa, unless of course Ryan outplays him.

Agreed, play the hot hand, nothing personal, whats the worst that can happen? give up 4 goals or a goalie fight and put Miller in.

No, it wasn't the shrooms. I heard it to, but it was "that's how I roll". Almost as retarded as the Bruins PA guy with his "whoooo" after each bruins goal. Even when they are down by 4 or 5 he still yells that crap.

No way does Conklin start at TB. It's Miller time again. Although if TB pumps 45 at us again, you can count on more than 3 going in no matter who is in net.

It wasn't the PA guy it was a clip from Anchor Man where Jack Black kicks Will Ferrel's Dog over a bridge. Regardless it was a stupid clip to play after a goal.

Archived