ANYONE ELSE NERVOUS

Sabretooth73

I havent posted that much as of late, so I apologize, but i have been lurking, so I know what the discussions have been recently.

Here is whats concerning me:

I was disgusted by the effort last nite in $hittsburgh.... yeah the Pens were sky high and so was the crowd but it kind of reminded me of opening night at Carolina.... you weather the early storm and then the home team struggles to keep up that same emotions all night long and you wear em down, the sabres wore no one down last nite.

DO the Sabres KNOW they are the best team in the NHL, or at least the EAST and are just bored with the reg season??

I posted a topic back in the beginning of the season about $hittsburgh and the possibility of us facing them in the payoffs and just about everyone passed it off and said they wont be that good until next yr....well, theyve won2/3 from us. Ottawa is now getting close, NJ is 2 pts back, WTF is going on?

This team needs someone to light a fire under their a$$es!

This may be the last year we have brierre/drury, etc.... this season was supposed to be "IT" and i hate seeing lackluster efforts and being completely outplayed by teams we clearly are more talented then. When are we gonna starrt "rolling" again????

I live in NC< and im thinking about heading to ATL sunday for the game, anyone else going?

sorry for the rant, im frustrated as can be, oh well at least Niagara won last nite.

I havent posted that much as of late, so I apologize, but i have been lurking, so I know what the discussions have been recently.

Here is whats concerning me:

I was disgusted by the effort last nite in $hittsburgh.... yeah the Pens were sky high and so was the crowd but it kind of reminded me of opening night at Carolina.... you weather the early storm and then the home team struggles to keep up that same emotions all night long and you wear em down, the sabres wore no one down last nite.

DO the Sabres KNOW they are the best team in the NHL, or at least the EAST and are just bored with the reg season??

I posted a topic back in the beginning of the season about $hittsburgh and the possibility of us facing them in the payoffs and just about everyone passed it off and said they wont be that good until next yr....well, theyve won2/3 from us. Ottawa is now getting close, NJ is 2 pts back, WTF is going on?

This team needs someone to light a fire under their a$$es!

This may be the last year we have brierre/drury, etc.... this season was supposed to be "IT" and i hate seeing lackluster efforts and being completely outplayed by teams we clearly are more talented then. When are we gonna starrt "rolling" again????

I live in NC< and im thinking about heading to ATL sunday for the game, anyone else going?

sorry for the rant, im frustrated as can be, oh well at least Niagara won last nite.

Personally, I'm one of the "the-season-is-long-so-slumps-will-happen" folks. Plus you add in injuries and this was bound to happen. I know many people here have referred to last season, but just look at the slump we hit right before the end of the year.

at Ottawa L 4-2

at Atlanta L 5-0

Carolina L 4-3

Ottawa L 3-1

at Boston L 5-4

at NY Rangers L (SO) 5-4

Boston W 4-3

at New Jersey L 3-1

at Toronto L 7-0

at Toronto W (SO) 3-2

Ottawa W (OT) 5-4

Philadelphia L 4-2

- 6 straight losses

- 9 losses in 12 games

- all 3 wins were by 1 (2 in OT)

What happened next? We got things back together with a 5 game win streak to end the season. (Inluding some impressive wins.)

Personally, I'm one of the "the-season-is-long-so-slumps-will-happen" folks.

What happened next? We got things back together with a 5 game win streak to end the season. (Inluding some impressive wins.)

exactly. thank you. this is precisely why i refuse to be one of these gloom and doom, "they've sucked since november" people. this team has shown in the past that it can pull things together when it matters most and perform to their capabilities. they showed that last night with 10 minutes to go in the game. i was actually impressed with their play after the halfway point of the 3rd, and while that doesn't excuse their seemingly emotionless 2.5 periods before that, they were still 2-2 after 2 with a fired up physical penguins squad.

if this team takes it easy down the stretch, goes .500 and drops to fourth seed, i won't care at all. as long as they make the playoffs, anything can happen...we all know that.

for all we know, the players could have been told to lay off the physical play now that the playoffs are in sight. given the injuries last year, and the ones this season, they could be consciously saving themselves for primetime. i doubt that's the case, but maybe lindy doesn't want them going 110% at this point in the season. 13 games to go, and buffalo has thee best record in the eastern conference with a good chunk of their lineup returning in short order. who's nervous?

Personally, I'm one of the "the-season-is-long-so-slumps-will-happen" folks. Plus you add in injuries and this was bound to happen. I know many people here have referred to last season, but just look at the slump we hit right before the end of the year.

at Ottawa L 4-2

at Atlanta L 5-0

Carolina L 4-3

Ottawa L 3-1

at Boston L 5-4

at NY Rangers L (SO) 5-4

Boston W 4-3

at New Jersey L 3-1

at Toronto L 7-0

at Toronto W (SO) 3-2

Ottawa W (OT) 5-4

Philadelphia L 4-2

- 6 straight losses

- 9 losses in 12 games

Yeah, but that was because of Lindy's daughter, and Hecht and Connelly and Teppo were out, and .... [/sarcasm]

While knocking very hard on my head, I will say, no one has been hurt recently.

They're going to be fine. I am not worried.

agreed. if this slump were happening into the first round, i'd be nervous... till this team folds the tents in the playoffs, i'm not worried. They WILL be forced to turn it on thursday to keep pace with the devils, so we'll see what happens there. I forsee the slump entering the past tense though

Sabres are 24-16-5 I believe since December 1st...and remember a few of those W's are via shootout.

So yes, this is NOT a little slump....looking at the past 3 1/2 months, the Sabres have not been the best team in the NHL

The 20-3 start assisted that thought process.

I hope this concerned feeling means nothing...we shall see.

That 7-4 loss in Washington in early December got this team headed in the wrong direction, IMHO. You can almost circle it as the date that other teams started putting a target on the Sabres' backs -- literally. I don't think the Sabres have responded that well to the challenge.

That 7-4 loss in Washington in early December got this team headed in the wrong direction, IMHO. You can almost circle it as the date that other teams started putting a target on the Sabres' backs -- literally. I don't think the Sabres have responded that well to the challenge.

Life is not easy wearing the bullseye. Nobody takes the ice with a pedestrian effort against the first place team.

If anything - nobody has taken the bullseye from them yet. (it hasn't been too pretty, though).

What would really make me feel better in the next two weeks is showing that they have the ability to score ugly mucking goals. Mike Foligno type of goals.

I'm worried about Miller. He's mental. But I'm optimistic he'll put it together. And hopefully his sports psychologist has a clear calendar between now and June.

You know what would be really nice though on Thursday or within the next few games.....A SHUTOUT!

Life is not easy wearing the bullseye. Nobody takes the ice with a pedestrian effort against the first place team.

Seems to be like this in every major sport, the first place team all season long, gets bounced early post season. That my friends is all I worry about. We need some energy!!!!!!! The first period with NJ had a good vibe as well as the last 10 vs Pitt, but being outshot 12-3 or whatever in the meantime cannot happen.

I'm not that worried about them getting top seed. Part of me says maybe it would be better if they weren't. Last year both top seeds got dumped in the first round.

At any rate, it's not their play now that worries me. We will be in the playoffs. How we play then is what matters, and hopefully we get back to full strength (or near it) by then.

That said - I'm going to see them play Atlanta Sunday, and they better win that one!

at Ottawa L 4-2

at Atlanta L 5-0

Carolina L 4-3

Ottawa L 3-1

at Boston L 5-4

at NY Rangers L (SO) 5-4

Boston W 4-3

at New Jersey L 3-1

at Toronto L 7-0

at Toronto W (SO) 3-2

Ottawa W (OT) 5-4

Philadelphia L 4-2

- 6 straight losses

- 9 losses in 12 games

So actually up to this point in the season LAST year the team was doing better... They lost 24 last year, this year they lost 19 to date... And this year they had an amazing start!

What an illusion that people (myself included) think they are playing better (record wise) than last year... Is it because they are scoring more this year?

What an illusion that people (myself included) think they are playing better (record wise) than last year... Is it because they are scoring more this year?

Historical starts to a season have a tendacy to blind people for months, and that is what has happened now.

So actually up to this point in the season LAST year the team was doing better... They lost 24 last year, this year they lost 19 to date... And this year they had an amazing start!

Let's not forget that they set the franchise record for wins last season, and that they're very close to that pace this season.

• 11 months later...

Think about it... One year later and they are about 10 games off the freaking mark... A lot of games where won on a "shoestring" last year...

9 games from best to cellar... That is a pretty close tolerance. One game that still bugs me this year is the STL game... Should have been a win. The shoe was on the other foot with one of the TOR (down 4 goals) games last year.

There is a fine line between best and worst in hockey... Can be a very flukey game... Almost a game where EVERYBODY deserves to play in the tourney!

<_< <_<

Archived