GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7pm

It's the return of Chris Drury as buffalo takes on the avalanche. They just shut out the bruins last night, so we'll see what they have on back to back games. When was the last time the sabres even played the avs? If memory serves me correctly, it was a weekend game and biron stole the show, back in late 2004 when there was still an outside chance of the sabres catching the #8 seed. Ah the memories... Anyhow, i'm interested to see what zubrus and ryan do with drury... especially ryan. Paille and Spacek are set to return in the next few games, so ryan really should be pushing for a permanent spot over stafford. Not that it will happen, but ryan will show his stuff. I think zubrus gets his first goal as a sabre tonight, set up by drury of course.

Woo hoo! Hockey is back tonight! I hate those 3 or 4 day breaks. We only see one more 3-day break this month -- it's busy, busy, busy for the Sabres with 13 games in 25 days.

Welcome back Dru!

We catch a break with the next two. Avs and Wild will be on the heels of back-to-back games with travel. Of course, a rested NJ gets Buffalo on Saturday night after playing on Friday.

I'm looking forward to the Zubrus, Drury, Ryan line. I think that could have some real sparks. I think I would prefer Zubrus, Drury and Stafford though. Stafford is showing he is a smart, right place, right time player. Just perfect for a guy like Drury.

Guest Sloth

I'll have to agree with wjag on the Stafford/Ryan debate. Stafford has shown he is here to stay. I know Ryan has been playing good, but Stafford just seems to play w/ a higher amount of energy. Stafford has the style of play the Sabres had last year. One last thing before I go, over the last number of games the Sabres are showing signs of the energy they had, during the playoffs and the first quarter of this season.

Go Sabres!!!

Joe Sakic was in my building downtown today...I should have ran and slid and took out his knees! Hahah oh wait, it doesn't matter since we'll beat them anyway. On a side note though, Sakic is still such a great player even though he's older now. He also still possesses one of the best wristers I have ever seen. Miller better be aware of that.

Whatever happened to Merek Svatos? He was on fire last season, but this year, he is hardly a mention. Does he miss Tanguay like the rest of the AV's setting him up?

Joe Sakic - the guy is a Class Act. He is like Steve Yzerman in my book. A+ player till the end.

However... LETS GO BUFFALO!! Great to see ya back tonight Dru!

Whatever happened to Merek Svatos? He was on fire last season, but this year, he is hardly a mention. Does he miss Tanguay like the rest of the AV's setting him up?

Along those same lines, I was absolutely shocked the other day when I saw the numbers that Paul Stastny has put up this year.

I think these next few could be good distancing games for us. The Devils and Sens dropping games lately, so we can really solidfy our position over these next few. If we can run them, especially the one saturday, we will be in an extremely strong position.

I was watching the game last night on VS and Svatos is injured, I dont know how long he has been out for but it may be why he hasnt put up numbers this year. He was so good last year but overshadowed by Crosby/Ovechkin and then this year dissapears.

Sabres are 9-1 in their last 10 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.

Sabres are 6-1 in their last 7 vs. a team with a losing record.

Sabres are 13-3 in their last 16 games playing on 3 or more days rest.

Sabres are 4-1 in their last 5 vs. Western Conference.

Sabres are 4-1 in their last 5 Wednesday games.

Joe Sakic was in my building downtown today... He also still possesses one of the best wristers I have ever seen. Miller better be aware of that.

I hear ya! The only game I have ever had seats in the first row along the ice was against the Avs a few years back. I have never seen a wrister take off like that before or since. Very impressive to see up close like that (or scary, depending on your perspective) ;)

From Av's board:

Notes: Not any official ones available. But word is Jose Theodore will get the start seeing as these games are back to back.

That could be good. His numbers haven't been great this year.

Never mind:

Mike Haynes just announced Budaj in goal tonight.

Sabres are 9-1 in their last 10 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.

Sabres are 6-1 in their last 7 vs. a team with a losing record.

Sabres are 13-3 in their last 16 games playing on 3 or more days rest.

Sabres are 4-1 in their last 5 vs. Western Conference.

Sabres are 4-1 in their last 5 Wednesday games.

That's a nice set of stats. I bet the opposite is true of a team like the Floppers, er, I mean Flyers.

Archived