What was up with the moron who kept standing up?

LabattBlue

What was up with this guy. I'm sure anybody who saw the game, knows who I am talking about. He was about halfway between the faceoff dot and the blue line at the end the Sabres were shooting once at. At one point in the 3rd period, he jumped up and was hanging on to the top of the glass(he was in the first row). I'm going to take a wild guess and say he was more than mildly drunk.

What was up with this guy. I'm sure anybody who saw the game, knows who I am talking about. He was about halfway between the faceoff dot and the blue line at the end the Sabres were shooting once at. At one point in the 3rd period, he jumped up and was hanging on to the top of the glass(he was in the first row). I'm going to take a wild guess and say he was more than mildly drunk.

I thought that was Toddkaz.

blue - yeah, i noticed him also. maybe that is the problem with 'those' who get to sit in those seats as nobody seems to have had the stones to stand up to that guy. aside from the random times he stood up he was with a group of Canadian fans that especially seemed to get riled up whenever one of the Habs did something positive on the ice. hopefully he get his ass handed to him after the game.

I've seen that guy before. He only jumps up when he knows the camera is on his end (i.e. when the puck comes near him). Thinks it's cool to be on TV, apparently.

I don't know why arena security doesn't do something about him. And what's up with the fans around him who let him get away with it?

I've seen that guy before. He only jumps up when he knows the camera is on his end (i.e. when the puck comes near him). Thinks it's cool to be on TV, apparently.

The guy wasn't even watching the game, he was watching the jumbotron all night. Generally, when someone tries to get on tv like that, you can tell how dumb they are if they continue to look directly at the jumbotron. The smart people will turn around and face the camera (this jackass did that maybe once).

I used to usher college hockey games and I've thrown people out for far less than what that assclown was doing. I can't believe that no one even warned the idiot about his actions.

I was waiting for someone to check him from behind and bloody the glass with his face.  Once is fine.  68 times is too much.  What a retard.

Careful what you say. I was watching a game last year and i noticed an entire section doing the same thing as this dude. I was telling my wife "who the F@#% are these re...and before I could finish my sentence I noticed that half the group was in helmets and the other in wheelchairs. I felt like an a-hole and try to reserve my opnions until I'm failry certain we are dealing with someone who isn't special.

Careful what you say.  I was watching a game last year and i noticed an entire section doing the same thing as this dude. I was telling my wife "who the F@#% are these re...and before I could finish my sentence I noticed that half the group was in helmets and the other in wheelchairs.  I felt like an a-hole and try to reserve my opnions until I'm failry certain we are dealing with someone who isn't special.

C'mon Inky, none of us saw a helmet. How come you didn't chastise the originator of this thread? His word, moron, is also offensive. Either way you look at it, the guy was acting like a moron and a retard, whether or not he actually is one or the other. Probably just a drunken fool.

Below are from Webster's Online:

Main Entry: re?tard

Function: noun

1 /ri-'t?rd/ : a holding back or slowing down : RETARDATION

2 /'rE-"t?rd/ often offensive : a retarded person; also : a person held to resemble a retarded person in behavior

moron

One entry found for moron.

Main Entry: mo?ron

Pronunciation: 'mor-"?n

Function: noun

Etymology: irregular from Greek mOros foolish, stupid

1 usually offensive : a mildly mentally retarded person

2 : a very stupid person

Careful what you say. I was watching a game last year and i noticed an entire section doing the same thing as this dude. I was telling my wife "who the F@#% are these re...and before I could finish my sentence I noticed that half the group was in helmets and the other in wheelchairs. I felt like an a-hole and try to reserve my opnions until I'm failry certain we are dealing with someone who isn't special.

I wondered that myself, but I'm pretty sure he was drinking a beer a few times.

As annoying as he was, I think he had a better game than most of our forwards. Maybe DeLuca was on to something when he expressed concern about us getting overconfident after beating Ottawa.

Prediction: Peters dresses for the next game. And if that meathead is there again, hopefully Peters does something about it.

Go Sabres.

I guess my point was there is one of these idiots at every game and I have never heard anyone say "Hey I like that guy who keeps waving and talking on his cell phone!" Basically we all were just going "Me too!" in response to the thread.

I wasn't being critical so much as finding a way to take a shot at ToddKaz ...

I guess my point was there is one of these idiots at every game and I have never heard anyone say "Hey I like that guy who keeps waving and talking on his cell phone!" Basically we all were just going "Me too!" in response to the thread.

I wasn't being critical so much as finding a way to take a shot at ToddKaz ...

On that note: welcome back BtP. :D

Archived