Max gets hit, breaks his wrist, and then comes back for a shift?

ofiba

It says on Eklunds site that Max is gone for 6 weeks.

Are you freakin' kiddin' me?

Wait a second, is that good for our salary cap/trade possibilities?

I believe Lindy said 6 weeks, too.

As for the cap, you may have a point. If we are talking to a team that wants Max and we don't want to let him go, this injury would make it easier to retain him.

Who says Europeans have no toughness?

I've said it.

Then again, I don't consider Russians -- especially semi-psychotic ones -- to be "Europeans." I reserve that "Euro" category for Swedes, Finns, Swiss, Germans, Austrians, Czechs (mostly), Slovaks (mostly), etc.

You get a little further east into the land of the great bear, and the mettle of the players hardens.

Depends which side of the Urals the guy is from. Muscovites are European.

Fair enough. Maybe I should add "Muscovites" to my above litany. ;)

It still seems to me that, from a cultural/temperamental standpoint, Russians are generally cut from a different cloth than their continental brethren, no?

Fair enough. Maybe I should add "Muscovites" to my above litany. ;)

It still seems to me that, from a cultural/temperamental standpoint, Russians are generally cut from a different cloth than their continental brethren, no?

Yeah. They think "3" is a letter. What more needs to be said?

I've said it.

Then again, I don't consider Russians -- especially semi-psychotic ones -- to be "Europeans." I reserve that "Euro" category for Swedes, Finns, Swiss, Germans, Austrians, Czechs (mostly), Slovaks (mostly), etc.

You get a little further east into the land of the great bear, and the mettle of the players hardens.

Sorry! Forsberg, Stan Makita and Peter Stastny were some of the toughest SOB's to ever lace up the skates. I also wouldn't consider Nick Lindstrom soft.

Sorry! Forsberg, Stan Makita and Peter Stastny were some of the toughest SOB's to ever lace up the skates. I also wouldn't consider Nick Lindstrom soft.

I agree with you, but saying Makita is European is a little like saying President Bush is from Connecticut.

Max is a bad Mofo................. shut yo mouth.

I mean come on how many other players his size get cheap shoted and turn around and punch you in the face?

Did you say "Who is the best at taking a cheap shot punch in the face while turned around"?, Why that is certainly Jaroslav Spacek!

I agree with you, but saying Makita is European is a little like saying President Bush is from Connecticut.

OK! What's the age where you stop being European. I need to know for future reference. I'll be torturing the other side for a while. Damn Marv Levy is great fodder.

Archived