GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

cdexchange

After that overtime, I'm going to say I absolutely agree with John Buccigross' last column on ESPN.com. He proposes a 10-minute, four-on-four overtime. Five minutes is not enough for that kind of action. I'd love to see more OTs get the opportunity to decide games. Shootouts are fun, but there's nothing like the excitement of an OT goal to decide a game.

After that overtime, I'm going to say I absolutely agree with John Buccigross' last column on ESPN.com. He proposes a 10-minute, four-on-four overtime. Five minutes is not enough for that kind of action. I'd love to see more OTs get the opportunity to decide games. Shootouts are fun, but there's nothing like the excitement of an OT goal to decide a game.

I've been thinking the same thing. A 5 minute OT, when periods are 20 minutes, is ridiculously short. I believe every sport that has periods uses a full extra period. But I think 10 minutes is good enough.

before i begin a new thread regarding the topic, what's lindy's postgame report on spacek and/or connolly and/or any other mystery ailments from tonight's game?

and about that game... WOW... who said the sabres couldn't win a close, hard checking, tight game? that was yet another playoff type game with a good result from the sabres. they'll play somewhere from 4 to 28 of those games looking for 16 wins... Put together a few more like tonight, and i have confidence we can do it!

before i begin a new thread regarding the topic, what's lindy's postgame report on spacek and/or connolly and/or any other mystery ailments from tonight's game?

and about that game... WOW... who said the sabres couldn't win a close, hard checking, tight game? that was yet another playoff type game with a good result from the sabres. they'll play somewhere from 4 to 28 of those games looking for 16 wins... Put together a few more like tonight, and i have confidence we can do it!

I don't think his post game PC has started yet..

With Goose and Spacek out it's looking like we may need to do something at the deadline. Paetsch is back on the blueline to stay and unless Darcy and Lindy think Sekera or Funk is the seventh D-man we want to take into the playoffs, and that Stafford can take Goose's spot...well, I'd like to have more depth than that. :(

I know it's nice to get the extra point from the extra sessions. However, these guys need to put an end to this "going into extra time". They need to focus on getting the job done in 60 minutes. Not 65, and not with SO's (or else we're going to be crying SOS!).

BTW, w/ Goose being out, it looks like Darcy's job became even more interesting in terms of finding a Rentaplayer for the playoffs. Then again, Darcy didn't do much at last year's trading deadline. I don't see him doing much this time either. At least not to Glen Sather's extent.

Kotalik is money on shootouts.

Your signature is quite telling. I wish they'd get rid of that NBA guy who's busy running the NHL's show down in NYC.

AFAIAC, we need a commish who actually knows the game of hockey than someone walking in from another league/sport altogether. I still think Bettman is largely ignorant of the essence of the game. Whenever I listen to him talk, he sounds like he's a whiz at marketing and advertising, but he knows nothing about the true spirit of the game. He can't put the two together. If the NHL had a commish would could do both, the league would be in much better shape than it is now.

Archived