GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

cdexchange

Yay me, I'm starting one. :nana:

I'm going to the game tonight, my second of the season. 12 rows from the ice behind Millsy twice! I've never sat this close before, should be a totally different experience than the usual nosebleeds.

I am fearing a bit of a letdown game tonight, after the HUGE wins at ATL and against the Otters. Saturday night game, four-night break coming up, unfamiliar West Coast opponent. Then again, those things could all work in our favor, and hopefully will.

No goose tonight, but Spock returns I believe, so almost a full complement. We'll miss Goose's energy and physicality, but hopefully others will take up the slack.

Prediction: 4-3 Sabres in a shootout (just cuz I've never seen one live!). Max gets two, and Paetch sneaks one in from the point on the PP. SO scorers DB and TV, Miller stones.

GO SABRES!

7pm

If you're going to this game, give Rhett Warrener a hero's welcome. He, Mckee, Biron (his personality moreso than his play), and Barnes were the bright spots of the darkest days in Sabres history. For the game itself, i have a good feeling about this one. Its a non conference game, so the sabres can just play their game and not worry about a "four point" situation. I believe the PP will continue to click, however one of the two wildcards will be the refs... Yet again, the Sabres play a canadian team on HNIC... Being that this is the NHL, look for a Canadian bias in the calls tonight. We've been there before, we'll be threre tonight, and we'll be there in the future, but the team can battle through that. The other wildcard is that the team's biggest hitter, Gaustad, is out. Does Lindy dress peters for the 4th line, or does he dress "7" defensemen and put paetsch on the 4th line (or on the 2nd' line with drury and ales?)My guess is that peters gets the scratch, paille gets the nod for the drury line, and paetsch wings novotny and mair.

Also, being that the entire defensive corps are healthy, look for them to play well for 2 periods only for someone to get injured. It will just continue the trend... Look back till the very first Tallinder injury against the islanders... Every single time the entire defensive or forwards corps gets healthy, they last 2 periods before someone else goes down. Hope i'm wrong (but i can state this, because we all know the Hockey Gods don't really matter anymore after last year's BS). Wow, an extended game thread opening for me... I'm past the mid-season bla and my heart is racing for hte upcoming playoff push and the actual playoffs... Time to dust off the old youtube favorites list and watch some OT winners!

Great action in this one... No goal on a kick.

I wish we could play these guys more..

Injury update...

Per RJ.. Spacek left ice with icebag on hand..

Gaustad injury update at intermission. Sounds like it is worse than thought

Because this isn't soccer.

You can kick the puck anywhere on the ice at any time except into the net. That seems like it should be changed. You cannot close your hand over the puck, pass with your hand or throw the puck. Therefore knocking it into the net with a glove does seem like it should not be allowed.

"Inconsistant" was a good word to describe the kick rule.

Pommer is having a tough night. That's twice now the puck has been put on his stick only to jump off at the last second

Yeah, tonight's been full of almost thus far; seem a step to slow on quite a few chances. Not that bad though, not worried yet.

Spacek out for the rest of the night... "upper body injury."

Archived