GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

cdexchange

Game thoughts...

-From start to finish, one of the Sabres better efforts this year against a pretty good western conference team.

-As evidenced by the thread I started last week, Kotalik is my whipping boy, but he is money in the shootouts.

-I thought Miller had a pretty good game and I didn't think the Sabres hung him out to dry on many occasions.

-Did somebody inject novacaine into both of Pominville's hands last night before the game? If I didn't know better, I'd swear that was Mike "hands of stone" Grier wearing #29.

GO SABRES!!

PS Do fans from across the border support whatever Canadien team comes to town? It looked there were numerous red jerseys at least in the viewing angle on TV.

I was reading a preview on NHL.com for Calgary's game tonight, and I came across this...just figured I'd post it here although I'm sure many won't return to this thread again.

"Calgary could use Stuart's help as it has been unable to protect third-period leads in each of three straight losses. The Flames held a one-goal lead late Saturday, but allowed Buffalo's Daniel Briere to get the equalizer with less than four minutes remaining en route to a 3-2 shootout defeat to the Eastern Conference-leading Sabres.

The Flames haven't lost four straight since Oct. 28-Nov. 3.

"We need to bear down a little bit more," said David Moss, who scored a power-play goal for the Flames. "We played well for the most part of the game, but they got a break and capitalized on it."

Excuse me? THEY got a break? If this guy wants to talk about catching a break, I think he should review his own goal that made it 2-1 when he caught the best bounce I have seen in a long time and was able to beat Miller, who could do nothing about it. Give ME a break.

Yeah, I'd like to trade for a Goose replacement... or better yet, pick up someone like Mike Keane; wasn't there some discussion that he is retired but in shape to play? Rent-a-grit would be great right now.

Keane was in the AHL all-star game recently, so he's clearly in shape right now. He was a teammate of Drury's on the Avs, so I'm sure if Drury thought he could help us, he'd be talking to Lindy and Darcy about it.

I know this is a family board, but I must admit I'm curious about the outcome of a certain wager I read about yesterday involving a certain skank who was willing to perform a certain act on one of the posters here if the Sabres won...

Yeah did that thread "disappear"? We want details! :D

Archived