If Sabres Played During Super Bowl

bob_sauve28

I'd watch the Sabres game and flip on the Super Bowl during commercials and intermissions.

Unless it was the Bills playing (I hope I'm faced with this dilemma next year), then the Sabres would be on. That said, no pro sports organization would be dumb enough to ever schedule anything on the night of the Super Bowl.

Sabres are definitely the priority unless the Bills are in the Super Bowl...the game last night was alright, but I just love hockey so much that even the biggest football game of the year takes a back seat. I would, of course, flip to the Super Bowl during commercials and intermissions, as well as the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter if it was close.

Last nite, of course I would have watched the Sabres game over the Super Bowl. In fact, unless the Bills were in it, I'd watch the Sabres.

Another thing, I dont "pull for teams" in the Super Bowl, unless the Bills are in it.

If i want a team to win, its because I hate the other team more than the one im pulling for.

i dont have "Second favorite teams" in anything...except maybe college hoops where I pull for which, if any WNY team is doing well. They all represent WNY in my opinion.

If the Sabres played last nite, during commercials I would flip to the SB once in a while, thats it.

The SB sucked a$$ as far as im concerned.

Teams today have way too many flaws for any of them to be considered "Great"

It just shows how watered down the NFL is today.

Unless it was the Bills playing (I hope I'm faced with this dilemma next year), then the Sabres would be on. That said, no pro sports organization would be dumb enough to ever schedule anything on the night of the Super Bowl.

Well, the NHL was indeed dumb enough to schedule a couple of games. Not to worry, though. The teams that played didn't have NFL franchises in their cities to contend for the SB.

Besides, who in Montreal cares about American football?

Well, the NHL was indeed dumb enough to schedule a couple of games. Not to worry, though. The teams that played didn't have NFL franchises in their cities to contend for the SB.

Besides, who in Montreal cares about American football?

The Caps game was @ 1pm and the Canadiens played @ 2pm. Both well in advance of the Super Bowl start time.

...If i want a team to win, its because I hate the other team more than the one im pulling for.

i dont have "Second favorite teams" in anything...except maybe college hoops where I pull for which, if any WNY team is doing well. They all represent WNY in my opinion...

So I pose to you this question... If Niagara/Canisius/UB/St. Bona (pick two) somehow ended up playing each other in the NCAAs who would you root for?

me, If it didn't involve my almamater NU, I would be doing this :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Sabres. Unless there's a team I really love (Bills) or really, really hate, the SB is anti-climactic and tooooo loooong with the additional commrecial breaks, extened halftime and all the other bs. In fact I only watched maybe 10 minutes of the game, the very end of the 3rd qtr and the first 5 minutes or so of the 4th.

Remember when the Sabres would play at home at 1:00 or so the day of the SB? those were great-especially the years the Bills were in the SB. I think it was the first yeaer the Bills were in the SB. Sabres played the Bruins at 1:00...I think the Sabres won...has a half season ticket at the time and decided to go to this game after the fact, got a bunch of poeple together and got some upper blues...oh, yean, anyway, I'll pretty much watch hockey over anything else on tv...even the Rangers-Flers-Penguins Wings-Dallas are the only teams in the leage national broadcasts...

Archived