One of the things I like about SabreSpace

Bmwolf21

Man, I spent some time reading one of the other Sabres message boards, and I am shocked at the way they talk about the guys on the team. I won't mention the name, but man, what a nuthouse. Some of the threads have gone from critiquing players' performances and suggesting changes, trades, whatever, to a full-blown attack on nearly everyone wearing the B&G...

I think if I posted on some of those boards, I'd probably stop being a Sabres fan after about 1 day...

So here's to the crew at SabreSpace :beer:

Wolfie....it seems like many of the Bandwagoners just are down in the dumps and not posting now. Many here, including us, have been pretty balanced in expectations of the squad. There are some fans who are still too optimistic in my opinion, but at least they are knowledgable and make for good debate.

Bottom line, the Sabres are floating around 6-1 to win the cup in Vegas and are the favorites in the East. When you take out the vig, we are closer to 8-1....or 11% to win the cup.....and we ARE THE FAVORITES. The city was acting as if the engraving had already taken place, when in reality this is a tough trick to pull off no matter who you are.

Wolfie....it seems like many of the Bandwagoners just are down in the dumps and not posting now. Many here, including us, have been pretty balanced in expectations of the squad. There are some fans who are still too optimistic in my opinion, but at least they are knowledgable and make for good debate.

Bottom line, the Sabres are floating around 6-1 to win the cup in Vegas and are the favorites in the East. When you take out the vig, we are closer to 8-1....or 11% to win the cup.....and we ARE THE FAVORITES. The city was acting as if the engraving had already taken place, when in reality this is a tough trick to pull off no matter who you are.

I think you're right, we're probably all guilty of having high expectations and now that the team is showing (on a nightly basis) that they are indeed human, we're very disappointed.

I am just glad that either those idiots who have decided to take the low road pretty much stay on the other boards, or the mods here do a good job of "keeping it clean" (so to speak); and that the general atmosphere here is more constructive debate, with some general pissing & moaning thrown in, as opposed to other boards, where it's pissing & moaning with some debate thrown in.

BFLO has a lot of jackass fans...

Yep. So does every other team in every other sport. I initially thought that Yankee fans were the worst thing to in habit this Earth but it turned out to be more a case of familiarity breeds contempt. In retrospect, I just hate most people, and most of the people I am surrounded by are Yankee fans.

I've been to Bills game and was disgusted by what I saw from my Buffalo breathern. I've gone to dozens of other teams message boards and was equally unimpressed. I just think as a whole, most people suck. This message board has been God send compared to most others. Even at TBD, the number of yahoos is extremely higher than over here.

Well, I guess its a good thing the cup is decided by the lines in Vegas and not on the ice. Tell this to Sens fans last season when they spent most of the season as favorites to win the cup in the east, or how about Detroit?

I agree, some of the other boards are pretty bad, and this one seems to keep most things in perspective, but the teams deserves most of the shots they are taking from fans, and the fans have a right to be upset with their play.

Your not a bandwagon fan just because you don't think their play recently has been great. The have played like crap the past few months and do not look like a team that is going to make it past the first round. I don't know whats happened, but this isn't the same team as last year, they are playing with little heart, and just relying on pulling off a last minute win all the time. Its not working and something drastic needs to be done to shake them up before its too late (and we all know that won't happen with Darcy in charge since he would rather wait it out and hope it rights itself.

My confidence in this team has dwindle recently and I now hoppe they can even make it to the second round of the playoffs instead of the original hope of winning the cup. Just sitting back and saying the team will get better when Henrik and Timmy come back is just wishful thinking. Will they improve the team? Hopefully, but it takes more then 2 players to win a game.

I had somebody who went to Vegas place 20 bucks on the Sabres to win the cup before the season started. I believe I got 12-1 or 13-1. GO SABRES!!!!

we do very little moderation... the posters here are top notch and rarely need any intervention. Corp posts the game threads just to keep himself busy! :lol:

I'd have to agree. There's no reason to moderate if the posters are intelligent, fair, and follow the rules. We don't randomly block people with different opinions as our own, we're not dyslexic, and we don't have Dog complexes. Well, except for the Game Threads. I enjoy waking up early and starting them (well, i've had to drag myself up lately, because the team has stunk for a few weeks now). I'd like to use this opportunity to thank all of you for keeping me entertained. I DO NOT come to this board to moderate first and be entertained second. I come here to read your valuable opinions on the Sabres, hockey, Buffalo, the Bills, and anything OT that comes up. Ok, now i'm going to get some tissue, wipe away these tears, and suspend all you MOFOs.

Sabres fans are traditionally classy and intelligent, which is more than I can say for many other teams' fans. I post on another board that covers fans of every team, and I can tell you that although the recent Buffalo bandwagoners are annoying and lacking of intellect sometimes, I think Rangers fans are the epitome of idiocy. Seriously, some of the crap that comes out of their mouths (well, comes from their fingers when they type it) makes my brain feel like it needs a CTRL-ALT-DELETE reboot (MAC users disregard this reference) because it makes my brain malfunction from stupidity overload. Here's an example: "Kasparaitis is not a cheap player and the only reason you hate him is because he's not on your team." UGH.

I'm really convinced we are going to win the cup. This losing streak bothers me not at all. Its such a long season and I think the boys will come to play in the playoffs. Still think we need to add a player at deadline, but I also trust Darcy to get that done. Maybe I'm naive, but whatever. I'm enjoying the ride, even the bumps in the road :)

Yep. So does every other team in every other sport. I initially thought that Yankee fans were the worst thing to in habit this Earth but it turned out to be more a case of familiarity breeds contempt. In retrospect, I just hate most people, and most of the people I am surrounded by are Yankee fans.

I've been to Bills game and was disgusted by what I saw from my Buffalo breathern. I've gone to dozens of other teams message boards and was equally unimpressed. I just think as a whole, most people suck. This message board has been God send compared to most others. Even at TBD, the number of yahoos is extremely higher than over here.

Agree.

One thing I noticed from my years on TBD is that many Bills fans are not from the market area... Or never have been... Kinda shocked me... Not saying that is the problem, but I guess with the NFL and the Bills glory years... They drew fans from all over... Which I think is cool... But, and that is a BIG BUT... Different people with distinctively different views and life experiences...

IMO, we are more of a homogenious group with more or less the same core values...

Wadya think??

Sabres fans are traditionally classy and intelligent, which is more than I can say for many other teams' fans. I post on another board that covers fans of every team, and I can tell you that although the recent Buffalo bandwagoners are annoying and lacking of intellect sometimes, I think Rangers fans are the epitome of idiocy. Seriously, some of the crap that comes out of their mouths (well, comes from their fingers when they type it) makes my brain feel like it needs a CTRL-ALT-DELETE reboot (MAC users disregard this reference) because it makes my brain malfunction from stupidity overload. Here's an example: "Kasparaitis is not a cheap player and the only reason you hate him is because he's not on your team." UGH.

When you say "Ranger fans"... Do you mean this kind? ;) ;)

The Islanders continued to struggle, and in 1989 missed the playoffs for the first time since 1974. In the first game of his next series, in 1990, LaFontaine suffered the first of many concussions, after a clean, open-ice hit by James Patrick of the New York Rangers. He fell on his head, and was unconscious while being taken off the ice on a stretcher. Famously, his ambulance was delayed en route to the hospital by Ranger fans who tried to turn the ambulance over. He was lost for the remainder of the series.

:o

I'd have to agree. There's no reason to moderate if the posters are intelligent, fair, and follow the rules. We don't randomly block people with different opinions as our own, we're not dyslexic, and we don't have Dog complexes. Well, except for the Game Threads. I enjoy waking up early and starting them (well, i've had to drag myself up lately, because the team has stunk for a few weeks now). I'd like to use this opportunity to thank all of you for keeping me entertained. I DO NOT come to this board to moderate first and be entertained second. I come here to read your valuable opinions on the Sabres, hockey, Buffalo, the Bills, and anything OT that comes up. Ok, now i'm going to get some tissue, wipe away these tears, and suspend all you MOFOs.

Very well said. I look forward to reading this board...

Archived