I need a slug intervention..I'm feeling weak!!

LabattBlue

I don't know. Went to the December 26th game and there were way more vintage jerseys than slug jerseys in the crowd.

I was conducting a proper statistical study, but that went out the door after my 3rd Blue.

I have been going crazy trying to find a hooded sweatshirt with the old logo(decent design), but have had no luck so far. :(

The slug is EVERYWHERE and in a weak moment last week, I almost caved in and bought a sweatshirt with a slug on it. Please help me, my fellow slug haters, and give me the strength to continue to resist.

Thank you for your support! :) :)

I feel your pain, Labatt...I almost broke down around Christmas when I was in Laux in the Summit Park Mall....they easily had about 8 or 9 racks of slug merchandise, and not a damn thing with the original logo on it. Cute salesgirl wearing white slug jersey almost made me cave in...she also said they can't keep the original logo stuff in stock (when they get it.) But as I walked around the store and looked at the slug in various sweatshirts, t-shirts, mugs, etc., I couldn't get into it. Thankfully I came to my senses... :w00t:

Whats the rule on receiving slug logo gifts for Xmas? Got a sweatshirt from my parents and a fleece from my aunt. Since I didn't purchase them myself, is it OK for wearing when doing....let's say yardwork, or am I morally obligated to continue holding out....even on gifts?

To those who don't want to support me in my moment of need, GET OUT OF MY THREAD!!! There is no debating the merits of the slug, just my ability to be strong!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In the 36 year history of the Sabres, how many seasons have they had like this one? This is a golden age for the team. This is what sports fans live for. Seasons like this are fleeting. Why wouldn't you glom onto it for all it's worth? Why would you waste it with personal crusades?

You were a die-hard fan when the team couldn't buy its way into the playoffs, now's your chance to gloat a bit. Wear it loud and proud, this is payback time!

I'm a life-long Bills fan. I had season tickets during the Super Bowl years; I actually went to the Super Bowl. I bought a bunch of jerseys and merchandise during that era. You don't thing I stop and look at those things today, while the Bills are in the 7th year of their rebuilding plan?

Success is fleeting! Enjoy it while you can!

:chris: :ph34r: :chris: :ph34r: (We need an evil smilie.)

Whats the rule on receiving slug logo gifts for Xmas? Got a sweatshirt from my parents and a fleece from my aunt. Since I didn't purchase them myself, is it OK for wearing when doing....let's say yardwork, or am I morally obligated to continue holding out....even on gifts?

Get the receipts and RUN to the store as fast as you can...and don't look back!

Labatt's, my wife told me she found a hoodie with the old logo. When she gets home tonight, I'll ask her where she saw it. (I tend not to wear hoodies, so she passed on it.)

Thanks. I am looking for something fairly warm to wear to the games so that I don't have to bring a coat in. Since I am not a jersey person, I thought a Sabres hoodie would be the next best thing!

In the 36 year history of the Sabres, how many seasons have they had like this one? This is a golden age for the team. This is what sports fans live for. Seasons like this are fleeting. Why wouldn't you glom onto it for all it's worth? Why would you waste it with personal crusades?

You were a die-hard fan when the team couldn't buy its way into the playoffs, now's your chance to gloat a bit. Wear it loud and proud, this is payback time!

I'm a life-long Bills fan. I had season tickets during the Super Bowl years; I actually went to the Super Bowl. I bought a bunch of jerseys and merchandise during that era. You don't thing I stop and look at those things today, while the Bills are in the 7th year of their rebuilding plan?

Success is fleeting! Enjoy it while you can!

:chris: :ph34r: :chris: :ph34r: (We need an evil smilie.)

C'mon jad1, we all know that slug hatred has nothing to do with team support. It's been a great year to date and hopefully they can win it all, but either way the slug is still a disgrace. :thumbdown:

get over yourselves and just wear the slug...come on be proud that this team is great...who cares what they are wearing, or what you are wearing for that matter. yea so what people are jumping on the sabres banwagon. i for one think its cool to look around and see everyone in sabres gear.....any of it...all in support for the common cause!

Yes, since the entire league is switching to the new Reebok jerseys next season, there will be no 3rd jerseys for next year.

Quinn is on record as saying next season the 3rd jersey will be darkened to match with the new shade of blue. I guess you know something Larry Quinn doesn't. Maybe you should call over to the arena and let them know.

Get the receipts and RUN to the store as fast as you can...and don't look back!

Thanks. I am looking for something fairly warm to wear to the games so that I don't have to bring a coat in. Since I am not a jersey person, I thought a Sabres hoodie would be the next best thing!

C'mon jad1, we all know that slug hatred has nothing to do with team support. It's been a great year to date and hopefully they can win it all, but either way the slug is still a disgrace. :thumbdown:

I thought we weren't debating the merits of the slug (being a disgrace)? :)

Like I said before, it's hockey garb; it's not going to be entered in Project Runway. Wear your hoodie to watch games, drink beer, and brag on your team.

I have a confession to make; I broke down over the holidays and bought a Buffaslug tuque and ballcap. I know, I know.....I don't like them either but I do love the Sabres and it is their current logo. What sold me was when I saw a picture of Lindy at the morning skate and he was wearing a Buffaslug ballcap. I decided that if it was good enough for him, it was good enough for me.

Go Sabres!

The rule is called 'communication' between your family telling them you will not wear it if they buy it for you... :lol:

No thanks. I really don't see what winning a Cup has to do with liking/accepting that rhino afterbirth.

You're right, there is no correlation between what the team is wearing and how they play.

And there is really no correlation between you liking the logo and buying merchandise.

95% of the crap sold with NHL team logos on them is ugly as hell. And yet, the 'little' NHL manages over a billion dollars in merchandise sales a year.

If the Sabres win the Cup, after 37 years, people are going to want championship merchandise. And it won't matter if the slug is on it or not.

It's hard to keep up with the slug hating, especially with how well they are playing now. I have to admit, I got a slug hat for christmas. While I'd never spend money on a slug, if someone else buys me it... well I am wearing that hat.

... stupid slug.. go sabres.... all these mixed emotions.

Those 3rd jerseys are awesome. I went to the game last night, was so glad they were wearing them.

Which will likely have the original logo on it... :thumbsup:

You can bet money that the slug will be on any banner the Sabres earn this year. The orignial logo might make a 'guest' appearance, but the slug will be the primary element.

And the slug isn't that bad...you're just too OLD to change and adapt.

:nana:

Really? How old am I? What other facets of my life am I to old to adapt to? What television shows do I watch? Music do I listen to? You know dick about me, Cletus. ;)

I'd have been more than happy to buy a new jersey if the damn thing didn't suck like a nickle on her period the day the rent was due.

No thanks. I really don't see what winning a Cup has to do with liking/accepting that rhino afterbirth.

Bingo.

You can bet money that the slug will be on any banner the Sabres earn this year. The orignial logo might make a 'guest' appearance, but the slug will be the primary element.

Dr Quinn Medicine Woman has said the Sabres will wear the old unies in any game they can clinch the Cup. TTFWIW, as Dave B would say. (Take that for what it's worth.)

I am proud to say that after spending the past week in Buffalo and attending the game on 12/28 that my wardrobe still remains slug free. I always will personally protest that abortion of a logo by not purchasing any slug merchandise. However, having said that I do feel it's time to give up the hope that the slug will ever be dumped. Being around town for a week and going to a game has schooled me on just how bad the slug infestation problem really is. It's entrenched and there is nothing we can do to change it. Go Sabres.

Archived