Car Crashes Into HSBC Arena

Two or less

Car Crashes Into HSBC Arena

Created: 12/13/2006 11:36:27 PM

Updated: 12/14/2006 7:58:44 AM

The Buffalo Sabres may not have had a home game Wednesday night, but there was some action off the ice.

A car smashed into the front of the HSBC Arena. Investigators say a female driver may not have stopped at a stop sign and hit the building.

She was taken to ECMC. There is no word on her condition.

A Sabres' spokesperson says the accident should not affect the game Thursday night.

Police are still investigating.

Link- http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=43361

Very strange. lol

How the f*** does this happen? She must have been rocketing along and then hit the afterburners. Similar thing happened to a Barnes and Nobles next to my old house. Luckily no one was seriously hurt (possibly with the exception of the driver but didn't sound life-threatening) and a Car-B-Q didn't start.

How the f*** does this happen? She must have been rocketing along and then hit the afterburners. Similar thing happened to a Barnes and Nobles next to my old house. Luckily no one was seriously hurt (possibly with the exception of the driver but didn't sound life-threatening) and a Car-B-Q didn't start.

Old woman hits the gas instead of the break? That's what usually happens in these situations. Looking at the picture, my guess is that the impact forced the back end of the car up and it turned slightly to the side, making it look like the car is on top of that stone circular thing on the left. Hey, it knocked open the gas cap too. Nice.

Old woman hits the gas instead of the break? That's what usually happens in these situations. Looking at the picture, my guess is that the impact forced the back end of the car up and it turned slightly to the side, making it look like the car is on top of that stone circular thing on the left. Hey, it knocked open the gas cap too. Nice.

It is hard to tell from the picture, but I think she hit the wall so hard that the back end flew up in the air and when it came back down it landed on the garbage can/bollard.

The police speculate that she hit the curb and then the car took off like a big-ass bird.

(police impounded the car for possible dui investigation- apparently). If it is a dui, she must have been pretty drunk not to have seen HSBC looming in front of her. :beer:

The police speculate that she hit the curb and then the car took off like a big-ass bird.

(police impounded the car for possible dui investigation- apparently). If it is a dui, she must have been pretty drunk not to have seen HSBC looming in front of her. :beer:

Maybe she thought it was a shortcut to get on the skyway? :lol:

Try to caption the photo (in thread above).

"My boyfriend was right, you can get a great parking spot if you show up early."

Come on, somebody has to do better than that. :beer: :bag: :doh:

There has to be an Iraq joke in there somewhere, but I can't think of a good one (and really don't want to either).

Archived